POPSUGAR Must Have - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I might subscribe for December. This sub looks promising.
November is sold out!  December is available NOW.

I find it ironic we use spoilers and at the same time to the right there is this huge window with related images of this thread for all to see, lol.

Originally Posted by Jesipae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A lot of us did, and they sent back a somewhat generic e-mail saying some months would be worth more than others, and they would rather us be excited about a box worth more than $100 than disappointed in a box worth less than $150. It was just totally weird that the first box was so skimpy price wise after all the hype. Then after seeing September, a lot of us resubscribed, so I guess the intrigue of it keeps us throwing our $ into it, like the lottery. I had some health goals I was struggling to accomplish with taking care of my two kids so I actually subscribed as my reward for accomplishing my goals and it has actually worked! Silly, but true. So for me the benefits have still outweighed the shiftiness of the company!
I am glad to hear you accomplished your goals and rewarded yourself! Rewarding yourself is soooo important! I am an excellent enabler btw.

Thank you for your explanation! 

Judging by weight, I am getting the full sized shampoo and conditioner. I am fairly certain it will have sulfates in it, and silicones, so I won't be able to use it anyway. But, even if I could, I wouldn't care if they sent travel and full size to different people. It's just shampoo. I theorize that they sent the bigger sizes out with the packages leaving later, as a way to balance between people who got their packages much earlier. I'm scheduled to get my package on Tuesday.

So far for me, there have been no bad boxes with this company. I loved the first box, too. I think it's nice to get things that are on trend in the mail. I don't have to seek them out or bother ordering them, myself. I just sign up with Popsugar, and I get some items that people are buzzing about. So far they have all been things that pretty much anyone can enjoy. Not that I personally will use every single item they send. I do look forward to more fashion in our boxes. But I appreciate this service, the way it has been so far.

I like that we have not gotten many drugstore products in this subscription, so far. I hope it stays that way. I don't mind the shampoo and conditioner, this month, because they are sending other things too, that are nice and worth the money. And it was okay getting that cheapy scrub and lotion that I hated, the first month, because the other items were so great. I am still using the lipsticks and nail polishes from that month, constantly.

Edited to add: Remember what happened with Birchbox, before complaining about slightly unequal boxes. Instead of giving everyone full sizes, no one will get them.

I wonder if the disrepancy is because some people paid with coupon code, and some paid the full price, hence the difference in sizes of s/c?

My boxes are sent to my boyfriends house so I was really pleasantly surprised to find my must have box sitting on his bed when I got here this morning. PLUS they finally sent me my September box and threw in some extra RGB polishes for making me wait so long! This turned out to be an awesome haul and I'm really looking forward to the coming months...

I got the smaller sized shampoo and conditioner and I don't mind that some boxes included the larger size.  You win some you lose some you know?

Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the smaller sized shampoo and conditioner and I don't mind that some boxes included the larger size.  You win some you lose some you know?
This is how I feel too. I got the smaller size. Not a big deal this time. It would bug me if I got a one or two use sample of something amazing and someone else got the full size and it was a $30 difference. In this case it's only a couple bucks.

Originally Posted by cdelpercio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My boxes are sent to my boyfriends house so I was really pleasantly surprised to find my must have box sitting on his bed when I got here this morning. PLUS they finally sent me my September box and threw in some extra RGB polishes for making me wait so long! This turned out to be an awesome haul and I'm really looking forward to the coming months...
That is so cool! They do have a good CS :) What color did you get?

Originally Posted by Deenellie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

November is sold out!  December is available NOW.
Thanks for the info! I subbed after reading your post, I was determined to get a holiday box and am so envious of everyone who got this month and last month's boxes. I hope there's a book in the December box, though I have no idea how the reception (towards getting books) was from subscribers.

Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if the disrepancy is because some people paid with coupon code, and some paid the full price, hence the difference in sizes of s/c?
It seems like the later shipped boxes were bigger, so I'm wondering if they ran out of the other size (maybe they designed them just for this promo) and had to wait to add them for some boxes, and only the larger ones for available? that's the only thing that makes sense to me. cause there was a ten day difference in mine processing and then finally shipping. they were apparently holding them for some reason, that's why I would guess they had to get more.

I am not sure though. I have two boxes from them -- one under regular monthly recurring box and one with the 3mo promo code. Both included full size S/C. Boxes were shipped Oct 24, I received them Oct 26. Based from the shipping info, boxes were shipped from Watsonville, CA (2 hours away from where we live). My minds kinda low in logic right now I cannot seem to connect the shipping strategy and the size of the S/C.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Jesipae /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It seems like the later shipped boxes were bigger, so I'm wondering if they ran out of the other size (maybe they designed them just for this promo) and had to wait to add them for some boxes, and only the larger ones for available? that's the only thing that makes sense to me. cause there was a ten day difference in mine processing and then finally shipping. they were apparently holding them for some reason, that's why I would guess they had to get more.
I got my box today and I was part of the "later shipment" group. I got the full size ones, so I also think that they probably ran out of the smaller size and unilever sent them larger size ones that they had inventory (which was the cause for the shipping delay). I don't think they were trying to "reward" anyone or "penalize" for using a coupon etc.

I think I will enjoy this box and I like how nothing takes additional effort to enjoy. Not having to use a coupon code to get a benefit or ordering and then canceling another subscription to get a meal etc. I do wish that they would bring back more coupon codes. The $35 dollar price tag with tax is a bit steep but I would feel more comfortable with say $25? (I soooo regret not ordering when the buy 3 for price of 2 code was active).

And I do like how their method of doing a must have for each category. It works well with the Popsugar line of websites pretty well and hitting different areas of interest amongst their readers.

Originally Posted by autumnandicarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the info! I subbed after reading your post, I was determined to get a holiday box and am so envious of everyone who got this month and last month's boxes. I hope there's a book in the December box, though I have no idea how the reception (towards getting books) was from subscribers.
 You're very welcome autumnandicarus; I feel you about the boxes we didn't get in on and I can't wait to see the upcoming Spoliers!  Some people liked the book, but the response wasn't as overwhelming as the candles, or the scarf or the food from what I can tell.  I'm open to just about everything except lots o' beauty products as I already get alot of that.  : )

That is so cool! They do have a good CS :) What color did you get?
I got the doll and mint colors from the inaugural box

Originally Posted by Shannon28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is how I feel too. I got the smaller size. Not a big deal this time. It would bug me if I got a one or two use sample of something amazing and someone else got the full size and it was a $30 difference. In this case it's only a couple bucks.
I was a little "hey! no fair!" for a minute ... but like you said, it's only a couple bucks.  And if I like the samples enough, I can go to Walgreens and get the full-size for $5-$6 each.  If it was foil packet samples vs full size I'd be annoyed, but the samples we got are big!

Originally Posted by tulippop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got mine too and don't like the candle, which did you get?  I got Moroccan rose.  I don't know why but rose is one of the scents that my nose just hates.

And mine was 5.8lb but there was nothing different in my box and I don't think the bubblewrap or tissue paper would have added another pound.
I got the same candle as you. I was really hoping for the Gardenia.

I emailed the CS of Popsugar and they said that :

I hope this would answer our questions. To those who wants to rectify the situation, they acknowledge its their mistake.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed the CS of Popsugar and they said that :

I hope this would answer our questions. To those who wants to rectify the situation, they acknowledge its their mistake.
Very cool of them to offer that, I think. Thanks for emailing them and clearing it up!

Latest posts

Back