POPSUGAR Must Have - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box is scheduled to be delivered today, Sandy has not been slowing it down, mine just comes that slow unfortunately. But it doesn't show as out for delivery yet, just that it arrived here in town, so we'll see if it makes it within the month it is for, for the first time. Either way, it should be here soon!

Yay mine got here today! The contents were not a surprise at all.

But I did get the full size shampoo, the candle in the Rose scent which is one of the two scents I really wanted after looking at the list of possibilities, and blue socks which is awesome because Blue is my favorite color! Yay!
All in all I'm super pleased with this box. It's nice to get something other than beauty samples/lipgloss/foil packets in a box for once!

Woohoo! My box came in today too! Like you said, not much of a surprise but I still couldn't wait to tear into the box and see everything! I'm wearing my exersocks as I paint my nails (loving the pale pink!), and starting the book later tonight. It may not be quite as amazing as last month, but still very enjoyable, thoughtful items. I also put the flower petals in the bag that our Sprout samples came in a few months ago, and tucked them into my lingerie drawer. I feel so pampered!

Woohoo! My box came in today too! Like you said, not much of a surprise but I still couldn't wait to tear into the box and see everything! I'm wearing my exersocks as I paint my nails (loving the pale pink!), and starting the book later tonight. It may not be quite as amazing as last month, but still very enjoyable, thoughtful items. I also put the flower petals in the bag that our Sprout samples came in a few months ago, and tucked them into my lingerie drawer. I feel so pampered!
Excellent idea with the flower petals! I'm going to do the same! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

FINALLY got my box. it said expected 2 November so i had given up, but was in my mailbox today! must admit, i'm happier about it now that i got it (if i can sell the book for $10 i'll be super happy. i think the full size shampoo/conditioner sold me, but also that the box was full! also, pink happens to be my fave color, and my feet always get cold. so, def not as good as last month, but much better than i expected! and i thought the socks wouldn't fit cause i'm a size 7 1/2 but they fit fine. p.s. was anyone else's pirate booty stale? maybe cause it sat in the warehouse so long, haha! also, i'm done with spoilers cause they already sent out the spoiler e-mail!

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed the CS of Popsugar and they said that :

I hope this would answer our questions. To those who wants to rectify the situation, they acknowledge its their mistake.
Thank you so much for doing this and letting us know. 

So i got my October Box and overall am very pleased.  I love books and it just seems like a box where you get just the right amount of things to do or munch on a rainy day.  I love it.  The September Box seemed awesome but I'm still not able to use the Popup coupon since it only delivers on certain days and my schedule is crazy so I had to give away the movie tickets so this box was more up my alley.

I told my book to Wal Mart as a return without a receipt (hey, they can sell it and get their money back) and received a $25 gift card.  I know the book is worth more, but I was happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Jacinta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I told my book to Wal Mart as a return without a receipt (hey, they can sell it and get their money back) and received a $25 gift card.  I know the book is worth more, but I was happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was wondering if they would take it. They usually take anything but didn't know if they had special book stickers.

I am considering subscribing to Popsugar, I wanted to know y'alls honest opinion what you think of the PopSugar Must Have Box.   I've been subscribed to Glossybox, Birchbox & MyGlam.  I unsubscribed to MyGlam right away and GlossyBox after 2-months.  I have been with BircBox for almost a year now and just canceled, I got sick of getting foil packets I don't use -- I was a bit sampled out on so many skincare products and I want more lifestyle instead.

Anyways do you guys think Popsugar is worth it? 

Also, I do know that they reward people for having friends subscribe so if anyone wants to personal message me -- I'll give you my email so someone can get the perks if I do sign up!

Someones already given me one thanks!

Originally Posted by PrettyInPowell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am considering subscribing to Popsugar, I wanted to know y'alls honest opinion what you think of the PopSugar Must Have Box.   I've been subscribed to Glossybox, Birchbox & MyGlam.  I unsubscribed to MyGlam right away and GlossyBox after 2-months.  I have been with BircBox for almost a year now and just canceled, I got sick of getting foil packets I don't use -- I was a bit sampled out on so many skincare products and I want more lifestyle instead.

Anyways do you guys think Popsugar is worth it? 
For me, it is absolutely worth it. But I think it depends what you expect out of it. Popsugar is not just a beauty box, and so if you are only subscribing for one specific thing, like makeup, you are going to be let down a lot. Most of the stuff they send us is higher end or something really trendy. I like it, because they send me things that I normally would not buy for myself, but have a lot of fun using. I think it's really fun to get a sampling of lifestyle items every month. They usually always send a few snacks, and a few fun little things. Like, I normally wouldn't have bought myself an $80 scarf, but I love love love the one they sent. Even at $40, I would have considered it very carefully, and only if I'd seen/felt it in person. Instead, I didn't have to think about it at all, and get to enjoy wearing it, for a fraction of what it would have cost to buy myself.

I think if you are open minded about it, and have realistic expectations, you will be happy with it most of the time, and thrilled occasionally.

Here is a link to their blog, where you can scroll through pictures and descriptions of previous months. You'll notice that there is a huge variety. http://musthave.popsugar.com/blog

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me, it is absolutely worth it. But I think it depends what you expect out of it. Popsugar is not just a beauty box, and so if you are only subscribing for one specific thing, like makeup, you are going to be let down a lot. Most of the stuff they send us is higher end or something really trendy. I like it, because they send me things that I normally would not buy for myself, but have a lot of fun using. I think it's really fun to get a sampling of lifestyle items every month. They usually always send a few snacks, and a few fun little things. Like, I normally wouldn't have bought myself an $80 scarf, but I love love love the one they sent. Even at $40, I would have considered it very carefully, and only if I'd seen/felt it in person. Instead, I didn't have to think about it at all, and get to enjoy wearing it, for a fraction of what it would have cost to buy myself.

I think if you are open minded about it, and have realistic expectations, you will be happy with it most of the time, and thrilled occasionally.

Here is a link to their blog, where you can scroll through pictures and descriptions of previous months. You'll notice that there is a huge variety. http://musthave.popsugar.com/blog
What she said.  I have reviews and pictures of all of the boxes so far on my blog (see my signature, and there are usually links to referral pages on pretty much every review page out there if you find a blogger you want to support by throwing your referral credit their way) if you want to see what I thought of everything.  This is honestly probably my favorite sub out there.  I think there have been three items -- out of more than thirty items, which is a pretty good ratio for me -- I haven't used and will never use (not counting discount codes or the granola.  And I *would* have eaten the granola, but one of my kittens beat me to it!).  I sent the workout dvd someone for the cost of postage to send it to them, I'm giving the Benefit palette to a friend, and I swapped the lipstick for a couple of things I do use.  This works out to one unused-by-me item per box, except I'm using *all* of the items from the October box (and I didn't think I would like the scent of the shampoo and conditioner at all, and I'm finding I love it, to the point where I'm shaking my head just to smell it!)

Yes, it's spendy, but when I compare how many items I dig compared to, say, Sample Society (where I used maybe three things out of three or four months, and *none* of the items from the box they sent me for free to try to get me to resubscribe), it's well worth the money.  I had initially signed up because I was going to have a little extra money one month due to a quirk of my company's payroll system (certain deductions are taken twice a month, so when you have three pay periods in a month, you get extra money!), and I ended up liking it so much that I can continue to justify the expense.  I wouldn't say it's like a cupcake for breakfast, but it is turning out to be a sort of vacation day in a box for me.

I also really enjoy this subscription. I think what most of us are drawn to is the variety of items you get to try (and full-sized versions of them for the most part, no less!). Popsugar has started to label each item you receive under a "Must Have" category e.g. fashion, beauty, home, fitness, entertainment, etc. so for example, the OPI polish set we received in the October box was a Must Have Beauty item and the book was Must Have Entertainment. This concept is really cool because you're not getting the same types of products in one box. As such, it's definitely a lifestyle-type subscription service and in my opinion, worth it! You can always try one month and see how you like it - the code REFER5 I think is still working for $5 off your first box!

Okay, ladies, I finally decided to pull the trigger!  I have not previously been able to join because of limited availability, but it looks like it is working for the Dec. box.  I am also able to use the code, which makes it an excellent value!  I will cancel Birchbox, and possibly GB to make up for the new subs.  I can't wait for my Dec. box.  I hope they include a book- I love to read.

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, ladies, I finally decided to pull the trigger!  I have not previously been able to join because of limited availability, but it looks like it is working for the Dec. box.  I am also able to use the code, which makes it an excellent value!  I will cancel Birchbox, and possibly GB to make up for the new subs.  I can't wait for my Dec. box.  I hope they include a book- I love to read.
Congrats! I hope you love your first box. I have a feeling they are really going to try to wow us in December.

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congrats! I hope you love your first box. I have a feeling they are really going to try to wow us in December.
I'm excited and scared at the same time, because I really think the December box will be amazing. I'm in deep trouble if I decide to keep the sub because I already spend over $100/month on all of these stupid boxes!!

Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh CRAP! So I'm looking at my account... and it looks like I'm being sent TWO October boxes?! I cancelled after September and re-subbed on October 1st... since then I got 2 referrals and earned a free box, but I guess the link I gave people was for my old subscrition number, so instead of being sent a free November box, I'm getting a free October in addtion to the one I paid for when I re-subscribed! Any one else have this issue?? I emailed PopSugar... hopefully they can resolve :/
yup i had that problem also, they were no help. How about you?

Back