POPSUGAR Must Have - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo!  Mine says it shipped today too!  No tracking number yet, but it looks like we'll definitely be getting this one sooner than the others.  And I'm still on cloud 9 from the last box!

I have a feeling that they're just processing payments right now and that boxes will go out next week.  In August, they charged my card on the 20th, and the box hit FedEx on the 27th (and my doorstep on the 31st!).  I received a notice that my card was declined (forgot to add money to PayPal, although the reality is actually more that I had forgotten that this was getting charged to the PayPal card) this morning, so I think they're just getting that whole process rolling.  

As a side note, they're a lot more on-the-ball about payment issues than Birchbox or Glossybox:  For the former, I'm actually not sure whether they ever sent notices about rejected charges (PayPal informs me about every transaction on that card, which is how I realized there was a problem).  For the latter, I received a decline notice from PayPal and changed my card the same day -- and then I received a decline notice from Glossybox the *following* day stating I needed to update my card (which I had already taken care of) and that they would retry the charge on the 12th.  As of yesterday, they had not done so, although I sent an inquiry asking what was going on last night, and I received email indicating that the charge had gone through today.  We'll see whether I get a Glossybox this month, though.  But!  POPSUGAR?  Sent their decline notice about a minute after PayPal declined my card. They clearly have a very well-run automatic system for all of this.  I have even more faith in them having their act together after that.  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a feeling that they're just processing payments right now and that boxes will go out next week.  In August, they charged my card on the 20th, and the box hit FedEx on the 27th (and my doorstep on the 31st!).  I received a notice that my card was declined (forgot to add money to PayPal, although the reality is actually more that I had forgotten that this was getting charged to the PayPal card) this morning, so I think they're just getting that whole process rolling.  

As a side note, they're a lot more on-the-ball about payment issues than Birchbox or Glossybox:  For the former, I'm actually not sure whether they ever sent notices about rejected charges (PayPal informs me about every transaction on that card, which is how I realized there was a problem).  For the latter, I received a decline notice from PayPal and changed my card the same day -- and then I received a decline notice from Glossybox the *following* day stating I needed to update my card (which I had already taken care of) and that they would retry the charge on the 12th.  As of yesterday, they had not done so, although I sent an inquiry asking what was going on last night, and I received email indicating that the charge had gone through today.  We'll see whether I get a Glossybox this month, though.  But!  POPSUGAR?  Sent their decline notice about a minute after PayPal declined my card. They clearly have a very well-run automatic system for all of this.  I have even more faith in them having their act together after that.  
Ooooohhhhh that makes sense.  I cancelled and re-subbed every month, so I didn't think about that (them charging for the boxes early) and once they charge that would start the shipping process, putting us "in line" for a box to go out ...   I just so look forward to this one!  The thought of getting it earlier in the month was exciting.  I can't wait to see what they have in store for us for October.  After the whole "October is sold out" issue, I am going to just let it ride and pay the full price every month, I'd hate to miss a month just from hoping for a $10 off code.  

That is some awesome service with the payment issue!!  I had 2 items missing from my September box and I emailed them on a Friday night about it.  I had a response first thing Monday morning!  I've really been impressed with them overall.  The boxes seem to be improving each month and their staff is great.  

Oh CRAP! So I'm looking at my account... and it looks like I'm being sent TWO October boxes?! I cancelled after September and re-subbed on October 1st... since then I got 2 referrals and earned a free box, but I guess the link I gave people was for my old subscrition number, so instead of being sent a free November box, I'm getting a free October in addtion to the one I paid for when I re-subscribed! Any one else have this issue?? I emailed PopSugar... hopefully they can resolve :/

Beautyfool, if I were you, lucky duck you are, I would start a new popsugar account with an alternate email address, and start funneling your refferals through the new link.

I just signed up for the November Box! EEEK! I used REFER5 I rather use that code then wait for the 10 dollar one and not get a box 

I've been checking my account and there is no update on the status of the shipment. For the last 2 days, it just says "processing" with no tracking info. I am inclined to agree with the previous posters that it's likely these haven't shipped out quite yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by alliekers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been checking my account and there is no update on the status of the shipment. For the last 2 days, it just says "processing" with no tracking info. I am inclined to agree with the previous posters that it's likely these haven't shipped out quite yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
It's the same every month - when you look at the account it says it's shipped, but you wont get a tracking number for a few days, and then once you get the tracking number it doesn't tell you when it will actually arrive, just where it is. BUT - every month til now it hasn't said it's been shipped until much later in the month - so I'd say that's a very good sign!!! My guess is that they've started the shipping process (i.e. printed shipping lables), but because there are so many boxes going out it takes time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No clue. They seem to be sending them out earlier this month - I guess cuz they sold out fast

Originally Posted by Meghan Leigh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my shipping email. It seems so soon! What is the theme this month?!

Originally Posted by prachisrk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No clue. They seem to be sending them out earlier this month - I guess cuz they sold out fast
My theory is they have been paying attention to our comments/complaints and knew we wanted the boxes earlier in the month, so they let October "sell out" in the first few days.... now they already have a ton of people signed on for November and will be able to send boxes out earlier every month! (Dare to dream, right??) Also, I think they gave up on the "theme" thing... I like it better that way - that way we get a "must have" from every category every month! (Although I'm dying for a spoiler already!!)

Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahhhh spoke too soon!! Just got my tracking!!!
Wow. I checked my account and it still says "processing." I'm trying to put this month's box out of my mind, because if I start getting excited, it'll be harder to wait. Plus, I don't want to get my hopes up too much about the contents. But I do wish they were spoilering us a little.

Upon more careful reading, it says it shipped two days ago, but no tracking number. This is exciting!

Mine still says processing too but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I get a shipping email soooonnnn So excited!

Edit: Anyone know where they ship from?

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine still says processing too but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I get a shipping email soooonnnn So excited!

Edit: Anyone know where they ship from?
Same here! And I think they ship from Northern California if I remember correctly.

They ship from Gilroy, CA (Garlic capital). It's about an hour and a half from San Francisco.

Latest posts

Back