POPSUGAR Must Have - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by alliekers /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Ladies, I'm new here and wanted to say hi! I have a question regarding my must-have October box. Hopefully it's not a dumb question, I just find the verbiage on their site kind of confusing at times. I ordered the September box on a monthly subscription and received my box and then cancelled membership, hoping that a coupon code would turn up. On 10/3, I re-joined using a coupon code I found and was charged same-day. My question is, being that the October box is now sold out, how do I know if I was charged/am receiving the October box and not the November box? Just trying to gauge whether I made it in time or not. From my account on the Must-Have website: 

RECIPIENT
ORDERED
TYPE
STATUS
NEXT PAYMENT
MANAGE
Nov 2012

Any help is appreciated!

It looks like you'll be receiving October's box, since you paid for a box when you ordered on 10/3 and your next payment isn't until November. Additionally, I believe the October box sold out after the 3rd (sometime last week if you scroll up in the thread). Like Kristin said, you can always email [email protected]. Hope this helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks JessP! I was hoping that was the case but wasn't sure exactly when the October box sold out. Good to know and looking forward to receiving my next box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Where is the best places to look for these codes?  I am still so bummed about October's box being sold out! 

Originally Posted by AliMo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the same line of questioning, does anyone know what happens to referrals say if you cancel? I have one referral right now but if I were to cancel October's box and then I were to get another referral after cancelling, do I still get a free box if say I resubbed? Also if I get another referral before they bill October, does the free referral box apply to October or November? I hope that makes sense.
I just noticed....i had cancelled my subscription but was still able to earn referrals. However when I re-subscribed this month I noticed that I was given a NEW/different referral link. So I'm not sure which referral link to use or if any new referrals will get counted or be combined with the referral earned from my original referral link.

Originally Posted by wldflowur13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just noticed....i had cancelled my subscription but was still able to earn referrals. However when I re-subscribed this month I noticed that I was given a NEW/different referral link. So I'm not sure which referral link to use or if any new referrals will get counted or be combined with the referral earned from my original referral link.
you can only get up to a limited number of free boxes (when you get 10 referrals) so I would use your new account if you already maxed that. 

I am maxed out on referrals and I think that stinks that you. Have to get another account after that boo! Takes a lot of work to refer but I'll enjoy my 6 boxes for now:) so excited! Don't they usually have the theme by now?

I'm new to these forums (though I'm a long-time lurker), so this is my first post.  I'm really looking forward to the October box!  I wasn't sure what to expect with the very first box I received (I've been a subscriber to the popsugar box since it first started), and even the second one kind of made me question whether I wanted to stick around or not, but the September box really blew me away!  I was very surprised at the variety of products, and I hope they continue with that kind of quality in the future boxes.

I really wish I knew how to utilize some of the great deals you guys are getting, but I don't want to risk cancelling my account to re-sub with a coupon code... I'm worried I might miss out on a box if I do that.

I look forward to seeing the October spoilers as they become available!

Originally Posted by nelliebelle1197 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so on the verge of canceling BB for this. Help me decide, girls!
although i was the one of very few that is happy with my BB this month... Im still cancelling for this... I love getting full sized items and a wide variety - not just beauty.  I can't wait to see the winter boxes... im hoping there is a candle

Yeah, and I was thinking just before Christmas, it will be REALLY good.  I got a BB I wanted this month- Orofluido, the mascara, but it still feels weak lately with the constant repeating items, bad CS, and shrinking samples.

Originally Posted by Kristin1387 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

although i was the one of very few that is happy with my BB this month... Im still cancelling for this... I love getting full sized items and a wide variety - not just beauty.  I can't wait to see the winter boxes... im hoping there is a candle

I'm trying to decide what to do... I wanted to get my sister in a law a 3 month subscription for Christmas, but I'm afraid it is all going to be sold out because everyone will have that idea.  Should I get her an early gift?  Or just hope it is still available if I try in November?

CAPSLOCK, could you sign up for the subscription now and have the boxes shipped to you?  And then you could save them up and give them to her at Christmas or space them out for her?

Honestly, I think it would be a great surprise to get an early subscription because it will get the anticipation of the season started early ;P  

But if you want her to find out about the surprise at Christmas and not earlier, and if you live nearby so you wouldn't have to pay to ship the boxes to her, I would sub now and save the boxes....  JMO!

I'm thinking the big ticket item in this month's box will be a fitness product.  The focus was on makeup in July, Home in August (diffuser), and Fashion in September (scarf).  So that leaves Fitness for this month!  Any ideas about what it might be?  I would love a gift card for new workout gear or shoes!!

Originally Posted by musthave /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking the big ticket item in this month's box will be a fitness product.  The focus was on makeup in July, Home in August (diffuser), and Fashion in September (scarf).  So that leaves Fitness for this month!  Any ideas about what it might be?  I would love a gift card for new workout gear or shoes!!
Workout gear rolling into the holiday season?  That doesn't seem like a logical plan.  That's really a theme I would expect to see in December/January (New Year's resolutions) or March/April (when the weather in my area starts turning back into going-outside weather), but not right now.  Workout stuff right now would make most people I know just kind of shove it aside for later after all of the holiday insanity is over, and that would probably mean a *lot* of cancellations from people who saw the September box and signed up but are disappointed in an oddly-timed theme that they would welcome in just a few months.

I can see a giving thanks theme in preparation for Thanksgiving, and I can see a poorly-timed (given the fact that boxes are likely to arrive at the beginning of November, not the end of October) Halloween theme.  It seems like I saw something referring to getting ready for the holidays, but it was in a blurb about how October is sold out, but there's still space left for November.  I would lovelovelove to see a civic participation theme for October since these boxes will be rolling in right when everyone is getting ready to GO OUT AND VOTE!  I just got my voters' pamphlet yesterday, and it's debate season, and my not-so-inner political junkie is going *nuts* over this right now.  (There are at least a few of us on here who will be doing so from our couches, though, because our state happens to be a mail-in/no-in-person voting state, but the concept is the same:  Get that vote out your door!  Don't let the ballot envelope sit on your coffee table until Veterans' Day!) 

I have to say a workout themed box would be an instant unsubscribe for me. I'm hoping the boxes continue along the same lines as September, I want a mix of items but definitely some makeup products. I did not subscribe in August and I would have been very disappointed with that box.

I am REALLY hoping that the butt workout video was their version of fitness.  Lol.  Fitness may not be too bad, but I really don't need anything else like that silly DVD.  I really do hope we have something good for fall! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back