PopSugar Special Edition Fall 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke down and ordered it. I swore never again after the Resort Box debacle but I guess "never say never!"  The Resort Box was okay but not worth $100. Plus, I was one of the people who had their box severely delayed with no good explanation.  I was so relieved when I saw the contents of the Summer LE box that I did NOT buy it.  I may stick to Fall/Winter LE boxes. They seem to have better products overall.

Looks like they are down to 1860 boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I broke down and ordered it. I swore never again after the Resort Box debacle but I guess "never say never!"  The Resort Box was okay but not worth $100. Plus, I was one of the people who had their box severely delayed with no good explanation.  I was so relieved when I saw the contents of the Summer LE box that I did NOT buy it.  I may stick to Fall/Winter LE boxes. They seem to have better products overall.

Looks like they are down to 1860 boxes.
Me too! And I totally don't have money to spare, but....come on, it's a Fall box. How could I resist?! I am exactly like you, disappointed by the resort box I got and then relieved I didn't order the summer box. However, I must admit that I've come to appreciate the resort items over time. I use the towel weekly, the face mist is a luxury and makes me feel fancy, I'm obsessed with the taffy to the point that I am almost willing to pay $25 plus shipping to get my hands on more of it, I feel like there was one other thing I liked, but it must not be a standout because I can't remember it now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. With PS I often find the items I felt "meh" about kind of grow on me. And some of the items I'm most excited about (Cuyana scarf) end up not being right for me. It's interesting how I'm learning more about my own likes and dislikes. I've always hated gold jewelry, but since PS seems to refuse to send silver I've been trying the gold pieces and they actually look good on me. Who knew?!

Anyway, since I can't afford to take real vacations, I'm grateful that PS gives me little vacations in a box to look forward too.

Oh, I remember the other thing I liked from the resort box.. The bracelets! They are so lovely, but I forgot about them because I work in a place where I have my hands and arms in water all the time, so I never get to actually wear them.

I really didn't like the summer box so there's no way I would pay $100 again. I wish they did stuff like this at a lower price point so I felt better about taking a chance. But I'm looking forward to seeing everything you all get!

I, as always, caved and bought this. I loved last years fall style box and I guess I'm a freak, but I even liked the cookies. I actually used the Rachel Zoe ring to help motivate myself to lose weight. It's my goal to wear it comfortably on my right ring finger. I've lost 40 lbs since last year and I try it on every few days to keep myself motivated. It really has helped and the ring has actually become pretty meaningful to me bc of it. It now fits just a little tightly, so I'm almost there :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Congrats on the weight loss . . that Rachel Zoe ring is gorgeous and that's really great how you turned it into something so positive!  I adore my ring and love to wear it when I dress up, but it's so good with jeans and a t-shirt.  Very timeless and classy.   

I have to give it up for Rachel Zoe. . she has the most beautiful taste in everything and I wish more of her jewels, accessories and clothes were in my price range.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a RZ Quarterly box. . .can you imagine, with her connections and taste?  A girl can dream. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aye, just caved, even though I actually would not have liked the box last year! I decided from Pinterest the box will include a cobalt blue wrap/throw/scarf, and either Ilia lip crayons or TF Melted... but if there isn't lipstick then they have to stop pinning those gorgeous colors. 

As for the needle and thread... perhaps a DIY project?

I'm also convinced there's a candle off the vanilla inspiration.

My brain has curated quite the box out of thin air...

Just caved in and bought.

Red lips and cobalt blue items all over Pinterest.

1819 boxes left!

I looked back and the past inspiration board collage pictures all have an item directly from the box. The resort had the Turkish towel and the summer had the palm tree image off the bag. I'm betting the knit pattern in the image is directly from an item in the box. Probably a scarf or a wrap (I'd love either, but hoping for a wrap!). Or it could be the pen, which is actually rather cute.

I hope that they do intentionally hide a spoiler in the collage! It makes it a fun find the spoiler game!

I've never purchased a PopSugar LE box before but last Fall's box looked amazing.  I hope this years is as good or better cause this is the first time I've dropped $100 on a box, sight unseen! 

The August box will be my first box. Do you think the LE boxes are worth it? I seen the resort box and that did not seem worth it. Also I see alot of people saying the checked out MSA what is that?

Thanks

The August box will be my first box. Do you think the LE boxes are worth it? I seen the resort box and that did not seem worth it. Also I see alot of people saying the checked out MSA what is that?

Thanks
MSA is a blog called My Subscription Addiction.

The LE boxes are worth it in terms of value, but you should check out past boxes for an example of contents. (even if it's worth a lot, it's worthless if you don't like it!)

I was just looking at the Pinterest board.  I think we'll get some really bold cosmetics. Probably a super-bright lipstick based on all the references to lips.  I would LOVE to see some fingerless gloves!  Maybe there will be something scented jasmine or vanilla?  And something will definitely be blue!  I'm wondering about all the references to leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the fence with this. I think if it's still around in September I may give it a go.

I ordered it. I am weak, but I just love the fall! That Pinterest board really did it for me. I really hope the box lives up to expectations!

Thanks
The Popsugar Limited Edition/Special Edition boxes are all over the place in value but are usually $250 to $300+.  The Resort Box actually had a high $$ value, but a lot of it came from the Rb of McD pouch, which still burns my britches.   Other boxes have had a lower value, but I've liked them much better because they had things that were useful to me.  So far, my favorite box was the fall 2013 with the Rachel Zoe ring.  

Back