PopSugar Special Edition Fall 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone think that the jasmine scent is not going to be lotion but instead a candle?  I guess in the candle trend world, at the end of summer, lots of people buy summer candles like the jasmine-scented Nest Bamboo :-O  then they crave clove or orange or apple or pumpkin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyone think that the jasmine scent is not going to be lotion but instead a candle?  I guess in the candle trend world, at the end of summer, lots of people buy summer candles like the jasmine-scented Nest Bamboo :-O  then they crave clove or orange or apple or pumpkin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I could definitely see it being a candle instead of a lotion! I was trying to figure out if the vanilla and jasmine would go together but I think that the vanilla is probably related to whatever food item is included in it.

I'm curious to see what the spoiler is if they decide to release one. There are still 1600+ boxes available so I'm thinking that they'll probably release one tomorrow and it'll likely be the third- or second-most expensive item in the box.

Also, I really hope that they don't include another clutch in this box. That'd be three in a row!

Also, I really hope that they don't include another clutch in this box. That'd be three in a row!
I couldn't agree with you more!  The trend in Popsugar LE/SE boxes is for a bag of some sort, and the Cynthia Vincent tote in last fall's box was nice.  Then the Resort and Summer each had a pouch, so an actual purse or maybe even a wallet would be a nice change.  If they were to include a purse, I think a hobo style would be perfect for fall.  

If they still have boxes this week, I'd be surprised if they don't put out a spoiler. . especially considering shipping will start in just a few weeks.  

I couldn't agree with you more!  The trend in Popsugar LE/SE boxes is for a bag of some sort, and the Cynthia Vincent tote in last fall's box was nice.  Then the Resort and Summer each had a pouch, so an actual purse or maybe even a wallet would be a nice change.  If they were to include a purse, I think a hobo style would be perfect for fall.  

If they still have boxes this week, I'd be surprised if they don't put out a spoiler. . especially considering shipping will start in just a few weeks.  
I'm thinking that it might be a wallet with a geometric pattern, which I'd definitely be okay with! They still have around 1500 boxes, which is about a third of what they started with so I'm thinking they'll definitely put out a spoiler soon (maybe even tomorrow).

I'm kind of wishing I had just waited for the spoiler. I really hope it's something home related and not makeup.

I'm thinking that it might be a wallet with a geometric pattern, which I'd definitely be okay with! They still have around 1500 boxes, which is about a third of what they started with so I'm thinking they'll definitely put out a spoiler soon (maybe even tomorrow).
I'm hoping for a spoiler soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know how many boxes they have left? I am really hoping I can get one seeming it will be my birthday month, but depends on if they still have them when I get the extra cash.

If you look back in this thread, you can see how to do it in Chrome.

How do you know how many boxes they have left? I am really hoping I can get one seeming it will be my birthday month, but depends on if they still have them when I get the extra cash.
I think there will ALWAYS be some type of makeup item in these boxes. With all the photos of a bold lips on the Pinterest board, it seems likely we will get a lipstick.

Can anyone tell me where PopSugar usually posts the spoilers if they post?  Please and thanks! :) 

Can anyone tell me where PopSugar usually posts the spoilers if they post?  Please and thanks! :) 
They either send an e-mail or post the spoiler on their Facebook page. They haven't released one yet but I imagine they will this week since there are still 1471 boxes left.

They either send an e-mail or post the spoiler on their Facebook page. They haven't released one yet but I imagine they will this week since there are still 1471 boxes left.
That is a lot of boxes still left  not usual for them

With the box going up for sale the 6th with 4,000 boxes, they're down to under 37% left in 7 days.  Though I think the bulk of the buying happens in the beginning of... I'm debating if I bite the bullet and purchase before I leave for vacation on Saturday or if I ride it out and hope I can get one when I come back.  I'll be super sad if I can't get one... so if I don't do it before I go I have a feeling I'll be stalking from the beach when I should be unplugging myself for a while.

I'm holding out because I really *shouldn't* be buying a box when I'm taking a vacation, I just REALLY want those popsugar mystery goodies! (internal struggle!! buy :unsure2: don't buy)

Last edited by a moderator:
With the box going up for sale the 6th with 4,000 boxes, they're down to under 37% left in 7 days. Though I think the bulk of the buying happens in the beginning of... I'm debating if I bite the bullet and purchase before I leave for vacation on Saturday or if I ride it out and hope I can get one when I come back. I'll be super sad if I can't get one... so if I don't do it before I go I have a feeling I'll be stalking from the beach when I should be unplugging myself for a while.

I'm holding out because I really *shouldn't* be buying a box when I'm taking a vacation, I just REALLY want those popsugar mystery goodies! (internal struggle!! buy :unsure2: don't buy)
Do It! I too am going on vacation, the beginning of September. I can't wait to come back to a mountain of LE fall, and my regular sub boxes. The post office will probably not like me too much, oh well.

I'm holding out in the hopes of a spoiler. The fall special edition box was by far my fav. I was really disappointed when I saw the spoiler photos but once I got it and started using it those things are still every day staples a year later.

If I miss out I'm sure whatever I want will be for sale on the trade boards, but I always have a hard time forking over $100 without a spoiler.

I asked for a spoiler on the Facebook page and they said (as they have in the past):  "Our lips are sealed!"

I can't decide if this is supposed to be a cutesy, wink wink hint that there WILL be a spoiler or a comment that there will not be one.

HIGHLY debating about this... and I get paid friday... and I canceled my Nina Garcia... AND I get Sept's box free from referral credit...................

That's three green lights but then I look at my bill list for the rest of this month and all the special occasions.. I have 7 family birthdays for August, which three have passed already. One tomorrow as well.

What to do, what to do...

Looking at the pinterest page makes me feel like I'll cave so fast on Friday! UGH.

I don't know what to do!!

I asked for a spoiler on the Facebook page and they said (as they have in the past):  "Our lips are sealed!"

I can't decide if this is supposed to be a cutesy, wink wink hint that there WILL be a spoiler or a comment that there will not be one.
They said they wouldn't reveal any spoilers last time as well and then they ended up releasing one. I haven't actually bought this box but am 99.99% sure I will because even though I didn't LOVE the last box, I ended up using all of the items a ton (or gifting them). 

ALSO, they changed the source code on the site so you can't see how many boxes remain anymore! Eeek! (That was smart of them though, it made procrastinating on purchasing the box a lot easier)

Back