Sephora Birthday Gift 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ladies, do you guys know if you have to be a Platinum member to get a gift from Ulta?

I've been a member w/Ulta since 2009 and have never received anything from them. I always miss Sephora's last year I was so devestated I had missed again :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol I will definitely remember this year, am trying to see if Ulta offers anything! Thanks!

How do you go about redeeming this Birthday Gift? My birthday isn't until April 25th, but I subscribed to Sephora and got this email about this, and was confused. What's the minimum purchase to get it, since I am sure it requires one.

Originally Posted by Yukiko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you go about redeeming this Birthday Gift? My birthday isn't until April 25th, but I subscribed to Sephora and got this email about this, and was confused. What's the minimum purchase to get it, since I am sure it requires one.
Some people have gotten it for free at the physical store, or you get it with a purchase online, not sure if it requires a minimum, don't think it would.

Lol, how does that work? Walk in with a photo ID to verify or something, and they just give it to you? s:

Lol, how does that work? Walk in with a photo ID to verify or something, and they just give it to you? s:
That is exactly how it works. I have always received mine about a week or so before or after my birthday when I have been making a purchase, however I was once at a Sephora store paying at the register when a girl walked in and said, "It's my birthday" flashed her ID and all the staff at the register said, "Happy birthday!" in unison and one of them handed over the goods and the girl walked out! Whole thing was about 8 seconds!

Wow, sounds like fun. Lol. Well, there's a perk if I work on my birthday. s:

Lol yeah! I know the technical limits are within 14 days of your birthday [before or after] & there's no min. purchase req. (atleast not in my physical sephora.)

Oh, so 7 before, 7 after, or 14 before, 14 after?

Either way, I am totally all over this. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
no, silly. 14 before or after. Like my birthday is Jan. 28th, but I got my gift on Jan. 14th - and I could've gotten it 14 days after the 28th, too.

Ohh, okay. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

So, be honest then here..... how many of you visited two+ Sephoras for doubling the gifts? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.... I know my Boston and my New York Sephoras have two within walking distance of each other. Do they have a way of knowing you visited a Sephora elsewhere, or can't you....horde it? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This is a potential 4 birthday gifts. >_>;

Ohh, okay. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...

So, be honest then here..... how many of you visited two+ Sephoras for doubling the gifts? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.... I know my Boston and my New York Sephoras have two within walking distance of each other. Do they have a way of knowing you visited a Sephora elsewhere, or can't you....horde it? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This is a potential 4 birthday gifts. >_>;
Yes they do. It is registered to your account. When I log in online it shows me I received a birthday gift and from which store I got it from.

Haha it was weird though - I picked up my gift on the 14th and then around my birthday got a letter telling me to go pick up my gift. lol.

How does this work? I just started shopping at sephora. I bought naked 1 & 2 and I also bought a couple foundations.

All you need to do is register with them (it's free). When your birthday comes rolling around, sometimes they'll send you a reminder to pick up your gift, but even if they don't, you can still go in and get it, no purchase required. Like someone stated above, just tell someone that you're there to pick up your gift, and there shouldn't be a problem. I'm actually really glad that they keep track of whether it's been redeemed or not. I think that's a great way to ensure that they have a decent supply year round.

I'm not that enthused about the Benefit gift this year, but I'm glad they've strayed away from their store brand. That stuff was always hit and miss for me. Loved the Fresh Sugar lip balms from 2012! Glad they're stepping it up every year.

Bleh....can't stand Benefit products. I'll be giving my bday gift a pass this year. Major disappointment......

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bleh....can't stand Benefit products. I'll be giving my bday gift a pass this year. Major disappointment......
maybe get it, and trade it? I'm sure lots of people would be willing to take it off your hands.

Back