Sephora Birthday Gift 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaaaand another check mark for Sephora against Ulta (I used to be SUCH an Ulta fanatic, still adore it, but I'm starting to appreciate Sephora more) - Today I casually asked while checking out if Ulta had any birthday specials or gifts (no big deal if not, I mean, I wasn't demanding there should be or feeling entitled, just curious cause I just loved the Benefit B-day gift from Sephora) and the lady that worked there said: "Um, I don't know, I mean, they used to do some brow thing (she squints at my eyebrows and shrugs at this point), but um, they don't do that now...I don't think, um, I mean, I don't know if they do anything...yeah...mmhmm...no...ya know.", then she went about her business. I was like...um.....oooooook. Have a good day, I'm leaving now lol

Originally Posted by hiheather /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last I heard Ulta still did the free brow waxing for your birthday...
Apparently not at this crazy gals store lol! Who knows...I mean, I couldn't use it anyhow, I actually have to darken my brows, they're so fine and light, you can hardly see them and don't need to be plucked at all, but...like I said, I was just curious what they did, if anything. Her facial expressions throughout her thought process were really quite amusing lol
icon_eek.gif
blink.gif
madno.gif
wassatt.gif
icon_scratch.gif
gaehn2.gif

I can't stop laughing at those smiley faces. I used to do that all the time when I worked retail just make as many faces as I could till the customer figured out I had no clue what was being talked about or asked about. Hahaha.

Aaaaaand another check mark for Sephora against Ulta (I used to be SUCH an Ulta fanatic, still adore it, but I'm starting to appreciate Sephora more) - Today I casually asked while checking out if Ulta had any birthday specials or gifts (no big deal if not, I mean, I wasn't demanding there should be or feeling entitled, just curious cause I just loved the Benefit B-day gift from Sephora) and the lady that worked there said: "Um, I don't know, I mean, they used to do some brow thing (she squints at my eyebrows and shrugs at this point), but um, they don't do that now...I don't think, um, I mean, I don't know if they do anything...yeah...mmhmm...no...ya know.", then she went about her business. I was like...um.....oooooook. Have a good day, I'm leaving now lol
The Ulta near where I live has simmilar customer service (not good). They used to be great a few years ago, but about a year ago things drastically changed. Lot's of new employees that were seemingly untrained. The ones at the register at my Ulta are the absolute worst and like in your experience do not know their store policies very well. For instance, a few months ago I wanted to exchange a nail polish I had bought on line for the same brand but in a different shade. I had the packing slip with me. The girl at the register said I also needed my email print out. She showed me on the packing slip where it said that. I read to her out loud what she pointed at and it clearly said, "If returning" which I was not. A few lines down it even said that if a person was exchanging all they needed was the packing slip. I showed that to her. And get this... She still refused to do the exchange, after her own company policy said to do so! I said (I was rather ticked off at this point), "Just keep the polish then and I will just buy the shade I want" and she said, "alright" and proceeded to ring me up! And thus was my 3rd email to Ulta in 2012 to complain about bad service. I stopped shopping there a while ago, but if I ever need to do an exchange I still go in.

The Ulta near where I live has simmilar customer service (not good). They used to be great a few years ago, but about a year ago things drastically changed. Lot's of new employees that were seemingly untrained. The ones at the register at my Ulta are the absolute worst and like in your experience do not know their store policies very well. For instance, a few months ago I wanted to exchange a nail polish I had bought on line for the same brand but in a different shade. I had the packing slip with me. The girl at the register said I also needed my email print out. She showed me on the packing slip where it said that. I read to her out loud what she pointed at and it clearly said, "If returning" which I was not. A few lines down it even said that if a person was exchanging all they needed was the packing slip. I showed that to her. And get this... She still refused to do the exchange, after her own company policy said to do so! I said (I was rather ticked off at this point), "Just keep the polish then and I will just buy the shade I want" and she said, "alright" and proceeded to ring me up! And thus was my 3rd email to Ulta in 2012 to complain about bad service. I stopped shopping there a while ago, but if I ever need to do an exchange I still go in.
Oh wow! THAT is pretty scary right there lol

wow I'm always so jealous of you girls that have an ulta nearby, but after what u said, I don't think I'm missing out on anything XD

wow I'm always so jealous of you girls that have an ulta nearby, but after what u said, I don't think I'm missing out on anything XD
I'm sure there are some good Ulta's out there; but the one near me is certainly not one of them. I just stopped going in to my local Ulta store and started shopping with them online. The only thing I am missing is the bad customer service!

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sure there are some good Ulta's out there; but the one near me is certainly not one of them. I just stopped going in to my local Ulta store and started shopping with them online. The only thing I am missing is the bad customer service!
Well they don't sell OPI online though :S

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well they don't sell OPI online though :S
To me that doesn't really matter since OPI can be found in various places and is inexpensive so I'm not worried about losing $8 or so worth of Ulta points.  Instead I could go to Sephora and get Sephora by OPI :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Although typically I usually get Essie and since discovering Orly I love that brand too, both of which are sold online at Ulta :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used to live very close to an Ulta.. and I'd go in there all the time.. especially because I got my haircut there.. but I don't really miss it. I think their salon is pretty expensive and I just don't love the brands they carry. I guess the only ones I like at this point are their nail polishes, It's a 10, too faced, and urban decay... oh I like Tarte too.. but I get my stuff from QVC if I am going to buy something from Tarte. 

Wow how gorgeous, too bad my birthday is in December ! Haha I should just re-sign up for this month.. jk :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Patience is a virtue !

My birthday is on the 2nd, so I can just walk in and ask for the freebie? I didn't receive a email, but on the site it says I can redeem it.

Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To me that doesn't really matter since OPI can be found in various places and is inexpensive so I'm not worried about losing $8 or so worth of Ulta points.  Instead I could go to Sephora and get Sephora by OPI :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Although typically I usually get Essie and since discovering Orly I love that brand too, both of which are sold online at Ulta :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I wish Sephora sold Essie, that is my favorite brand of nail polish...

... But, I can't wait till July 4th so that I can get my birthday gift :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Originally Posted by iashleycouture /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My birthday is on the 2nd, so I can just walk in and ask for the freebie? I didn't receive a email, but on the site it says I can redeem it.
Shouldn't be a problem since you're registered with them.

So sad! I just drove 30 minutes to sephora to get my birthday gift and they were all out of gifts!!! :-(

Back