Skin care brands, the best and the worst

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will add to the worst Yves Rocher, even something so simple as a balm isn't as great as you would expect it to be.

Some of my gems: 1. Clarins High Definition: body lotion, get rid of fat effectively. I've on my 5th bottle so far. ^^ 2. Clarins Facial Shaping Lift: does slim the face as it promises. 3. Carmex lip balm: cheap and effective. 4. Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful serum: very effective serum at a nice price. 4. Soap & Glory Glove Handcream: good and cheap. 5. Loccitane Almond Milk body lotion: does change the texture of my skin and smells great (Its smell is quite controversal as my friend hates it lolz) 5. Thursday Plantation 100% Tea Tree Oil: good for get rid of pimples, naturally. 6. Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Serum: fade my laugh lines very well. 7. Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion: works wonder on big angry pimples. And 8.Extra virgin olive oil: best and cheapest make up remover! Thats all I remember so far ^^

I found that natural and organic products works wonders for my skin.

i've used a few brands and been happy with them!

- alofe eye gel

-dr alkaitis eye cream

- kakadoodle dew day cream

- a'kin day cream

-l'occitane

Cetaphil is absolutely amazing for my oily skin. Such a shame that "cheap" brands like cetaphil gets a bad name but my favorite high end brand is La Mer. Their eye concentrate is my top favorite. If you put the eye applicator in the freezer the night before, the concentrate on top of a cold steel surface feels heavenly in the morning. 

Edit: Oh a I agree that Clean and Clear is the worst brand out there. Too harsh for my skin. Another brand I say away from is Murad, their oil-free moisturizers break me out. 

I'm one of the few that actually like Clinique I think... my face has been amazing since switching over to it again

Cleansers: 

Aveeno Foaming Facewash

African Black Soap (my bar ran out and I was so bummed!)

Moisturizers:

Neutragena Sensitive Skin is probably one of my favorites still

Clinique Moisture Surge - I used this even when I wasn't on their cleanser skin care FT.

Overated:

Hope In A Jar - I like it, really I do  - I just don't think its worth the price tag when there are as good less expensive options.

Once upon a time I tried Kiehls which I enjoyed -  I can't remember why I stopped using them. It was YEARS ago...

I totally agree with you on the Neutrogena and Olay.. just beware and google as much info you can. I know the Olay line is very high on the list of carcinogenic toxins in the peptides... i use them sparingly.. do some research.. its scary but good to know!!

Best eye products for firming, puffiness and lines...I love to start with Copper Peptides by Skin Biology. My face has changed , including eye area in amazing nways.. Follow instructons on the website and call. they help you choose best for your skin.

Second is the Stivectin purple tube for eyes., EXCELLENT

For a quick fix if you are puffy..any tea bags soak four in hot water, place into ice cold water, then place cooling eye mask over them and keep on for ten minutes..

Lastly for the quick fix..i use vitamin c roll on serum stick and then seal with eye cream by i believe "LUMINIERE" omg.. have to google that.. can buy at CVS..entire product line is GREAT

LAST>. i just discovered at sephora PETER THOMAS ROTH eye x instant temporary firming .Ask for SAMPLES.. ask exactly how to0  apply. its taken twenty years away. they have same brand for facial tightner. I wear BOTH products with absolutley nothing over them.. you can pat gently over .. but if you see how incredible your skin looks without even foundation or concealer from the product.. (oh.. i line a little pat on my upper MUST LET DRY for seven minutes or turns white. MIRACLE!!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.. i dont stop myself from cryng anymore. i can get away with it!!!

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your precious time and valuable information. I would suggest Mary Kay Formula four tips. It consists of cleanser, blemish control toner, refining mask, and oil control lotion. Complementing with a mineral powder foundation will help cover up the blemishes and redness, and also control Shinyness due to excess oil,

Anyone has any tips

Brook Ster

Micabella

On my quest for natural skin care, Lush really really disappointed me. I gave it 3 months to work and my skin got worse and worse. Two other disasters were pro-active (great....for 2 months....) and Vichy (so expensive, such a let-down.) At the moment I'm using Burt's Bees.... it seems to be okay, I can't REALLY say because it's only been a week. But prior to that I was using Neostrata, which isn't drying at all and actually cleared up my skin quite a bit.I still won't be satisfied until I find an organic, natural line to solve my problems.

I love Dibi and Olos. They have been really great for me! A great place to pick some up is http://complexionsxpress.com They have free shipping too! 

Also if you have any questions they are more than happy to help and fast. 
wink.gif

I usually use Aveeno but I just tried Auravie's line and its amazing!! They have great anti-aging skin products! They usually have a great coupon codes as well. Last time I used FORUM25. I am not sure if it expired but its worth the try. 

Let's try neostrata brand its work pretty well to flght acne, I had a very bad acne when i was in high school and nothing helped but neostrata did help and gave me a flawless skin, if you have oily skin try Ultra Smoothing Lotion AHA10( if not use Ultra smoothing Cream AHA10) for night time and day time with Daytime protection Sps15

I have started using JBC Swiss Alpine Skin care a natural brand from Switzerland and I like it. The moisturizer took  out all dark spots that I had!

I use a prescription retinoid cream, so finding the right skincare products has been a challenge for me.  I have tried most of the high end brands, and honestly, althought the textures might be a litttle nicer than the drugstore brands, I really havent noticed a big difference in my skin when using them.  I recently used Amorepacific and Ren.  They are both natural and gentle, and leave my skin feeling hydrated and soft, but I really dont think they are worth the price.

A few weeks ago I recieved some Mario Badescu samples.  After using my samples, I purchased the products that are appropriate for my skin and couldnt be happier with them!  My skin now looks radiant and just glows!  It took a lot of trial and error to find what works best for me, but I finally found it!  I couldnt be more pleased with this brand.  Its not expensive, and there is a large range of products for every skincare type and need.  Depending on how my skin feels and looks I have a couple of differnent Mario Badescu cleansers, moisturisers, toners, masks and scrubs that I use.  I just kind of tailor my skin care according what it needs on any given day, and use just the Mario Badescu. 

I agree with the extra virgin olive oil.  I have a big bottle of good quality organic extra virgin in my bathroom and use it for multiple tasks.  I use a prescription retinoid cream, and at times my skin can be dry as a bone.  When this happens, I use the olive oil as a cleanser.  I just massage it in and wipe it off with a cotton pad.  I usually do this just at night becuase of the oily residue it leaves on my skin, but in the mornings my skin feels fresh and hydrated again.  I also mix olive oil with regualr salt and use it as a body scrub, and sometimes I warm a little of the olive oil up and put it in my hair as a deep conditoner.  When my legs feel overly dry, I rub in a little olive oil and towel off the residue before using my regular body moisturiser. It also is a good conditioner for eyelashes. I love, love, love olive oil!

Originally Posted by emeraldnguyen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some of my gems:
1. Clarins High Definition: body lotion, get rid of fat effectively. I've on my 5th bottle so far. ^^
2. Clarins Facial Shaping Lift: does slim the face as it promises.
3. Carmex lip balm: cheap and effective.
4. Soap & Glory Make Yourself Youthful serum: very effective serum at a nice price.
4. Soap & Glory Glove Handcream: good and cheap.
5. Loccitane Almond Milk body lotion: does change the texture of my skin and smells great (Its smell is quite controversal as my friend hates it lolz)
5. Thursday Plantation 100% Tea Tree Oil: good for get rid of pimples, naturally.
6. Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Serum: fade my laugh lines very well.
7. Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion: works wonder on big angry pimples.
And 8.Extra virgin olive oil: best and cheapest make up remover!
Thats all I remember so far ^^

Salicylic Acid breaks me out, every time!  I've heard that it can make your skin "purge" for a couple of weeks, but I've used brands for months and I break out the entire time I try to use it.  As soon as I stop, my skin clears back up. 

My favorite skin care is Shea Terra Organics, hands down.  I use their black soap on my face, Tamanu oil for breakouts and moisture, green coffee and argan for my eyes.  My skin has never looked better and I love that it's all natural.

Originally Posted by janetgriselle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're not the only one. Clean and Clear, Clearasil, you name it when it comes to lower end products, I've tried it. I eventually figured out that it wasn't necessarily the fact that the stuff was lower end, it was that it had Salicylic acid in it. Believe it or not that stuff makes me break out more instead of fixing the problem haha

Back