SquareHue: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the first of the month, and they ship via whatever the new Parcel Post is called.
Didn't they ship out one group on the 1st and another on the 15th? Or am I just making this up in my head?

Didn't they ship out one group on the 1st and another on the 15th? Or am I just making this up in my head?
They did this for January, but I'm not sure whether that is continuing in February.

I paid for the subscription yesterday and I just got the email that it shipped. that was quick!

They must be doing the shipping today! I just got my notice, too! This is right on theur established schedule, based on their December and January boxes. It's a very refreshing change from a lot of the other subs I've tried!

Got my shipping notice. I have been avoiding doing my nails because I knew it would be here in a few days. Sadly this will be my last month for a while as I need the extra cash.

I'm a little confused about squarehue, can someone help me sort through this?

I signed up on January 7th, and paid $21. Didn't receive anything for January (which I expected because it was late and they are sold out).

I got excited to read on here that they were starting to ship for February. I checked my email, nothing! That's ok, maybe it'll ship in the second half of the month. BUT my account says my next payment is 2/05. Is this normal? Are months pro-rated? By the time I get my first box, I'll have paid for two boxes!

Thanks in advance, I'm pretty new to all of this. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Unfortunately their payment system is not up to snuff right now. You've essentially prepaid for your box and will continue to prepay until they change their payment system.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unfortunately their payment system is not up to snuff right now. You've essentially prepaid for your box and will continue to prepay until they change their payment system.
Thanks for the quick reply Zadidoll! I hope my box ships soon then. :]

First box pic up on Instagram!  It looks like

an ivory cream, a red cream, and an eggplant which looks like it could be just about any finish.
I think the first two look like they're way too warm for me, but I've been pleasantly surprised before, and the third is almost definitely the one that makes this box worth my fifteen bucks.  And this is a nestled-in-the-box photo, so you can't really see much of the color around the label.  I'm really looking forward to seeing them live and in person!

ETA:  Just found another photo that makes them look completely different!  More like:

Warm pink cream, berry cream, and sort of metallic burgundy.
Still not really digging the first two solely due to my own color preferences, but I know that's just me. They would be gorgeous on someone else, but I just feel weird wearing colors like that.  Totally my issue since they really do look like beautiful, classic colors (which, really, *is* my issue:  Not exactly a beautiful, classic color wearer over here).  And that last one in this new photo looks like it might be similar to one of my favorite polishes from about twenty years ago that I can't remember anything about other than the fact that I loved it, so now I'm going to be getting antsy so see which photo is closer to the actual colors!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First box pic up on Instagram!  It looks like

an ivory cream, a red cream, and an eggplant which looks like it could be just about any finish.
I think the first two look like they're way too warm for me, but I've been pleasantly surprised before, and the third is almost definitely the one that makes this box worth my fifteen bucks.  And this is a nestled-in-the-box photo, so you can't really see much of the color around the label.  I'm really looking forward to seeing them live and in person!

ETA:  Just found another photo that makes them look completely different!  More like:

Warm pink cream, berry cream, and sort of metallic burgundy.
Still not really digging the first two solely due to my own color preferences, but I know that's just me. They would be gorgeous on someone else, but I just feel weird wearing colors like that.  Totally my issue since they really do look like beautiful, classic colors (which, really, *is* my issue:  Not exactly a beautiful, classic color wearer over here).  And that last one in this new photo looks like it might be similar to one of my favorite polishes from about twenty years ago that I can't remember anything about other than the fact that I loved it, so now I'm going to be getting antsy so see which photo is closer to the actual colors!
Can you post pictures? I really wanna see! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can't figure out how to get the link to the first in-box photo (I can use Instagram on my phone, but when I try to use it on my laptop, it's EPIC FAIL), but here is one to the second that I have a feeling is probably truer to the actual colors.

Here it is:

I had a feeling they would be those kind of colors. They're not something I would have ever bought in a store, but I'll still wear them.

They look pretty but not sure how I feel about them yet. I was kinda hoping for like dusty pastel colors like maybe a nice mint and some pink.

The far left one doesn't interest me, but the right 2 are colors I love so I'm happy. I still wish I had the first box they released :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I thought that I had signed up in time, but I didn't. The blues form January just aren't for me. I don't wear blues so I have yet to crack them open.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had a feeling they would be those kind of colors. They're not something I would have ever bought in a store, but I'll still wear them.
Sometimes I feel this way but I always try them and am frequently surprised by how much I like stuff.

Originally Posted by ShiloDS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They look pretty but not sure how I feel about them yet. I was kinda hoping for like dusty pastel colors like maybe a nice mint and some pink.
I suspect we might get some pastels like that for spring or eastery months.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The far left one doesn't interest me, but the right 2 are colors I love so I'm happy. I still wish I had the first box they released :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I thought that I had signed up in time, but I didn't. The blues form January just aren't for me. I don't wear blues so I have yet to crack them open.
Give the blues a chance. When you layer them they are really pretty. The white also looks really pretty over other polishes.

Back