SquareHue: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I think I may put the high school romance over a white as wepl after reading! I love dear john but as said before I like it on shorter nail I think my nails need to be cut slightly to look amazing but dear john is my favorite!

OK got mine swatched.

3 coats of High School Crush, 2 coats of Wartime Romance, 2 coats of Dear John

Pictures are all indoors because it is overcast today

I really like the first two but Dear John is more a of layering color, possibly under some nice fall glitters. Dear John looks pretty in the sun but has virtually no shimmer in the shade. High School Crush was streaky but 3 coats and I was fine. I didn't have to put white under it.

got my box! i only tried high school crush. it took me 4 coats! i really hate putting on polishes that uses more than two coats. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I added artic frost over my dear John it came out grayish but I think it looks pretty! Nail designs are not my area of smarts but I had fun trying it out!

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I added artic frost over my dear John it came out grayish but I think it looks pretty! Nail designs are not my area of smarts but I had fun trying it out!
It adds nice contrast! Maybe you should try them more often hehe

Thanks Dalyah... Your always so sweet.... I'm still tryi g to figure out if I like the formula of this polishing am kind of in the middle with it and can't decide maybe ill try the dusty rose color tonight and see how that one lays out!!!

After emailing SquareHue they sent me a shipping #, and a day later the package arrived. I'm not wild about High School Crush's application, but Dear John and Wartime are awesome colors! I have pestered the SH customer service a few times, and they have been incredible polite and helpful. A very pleasant experience.

I'm still kind of meh about the colors so far.

I feel like since I have soooo many Juleps that a lot of these colors are almost repeats.

I want to really love them. But I dunno.

I still need to use the ones I've gotten.

Originally Posted by ledfordica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not wild about High School Crush's application, but Dear John and Wartime are awesome colors!
I take it back. "Not wild about it" isn't accurate enough. I just tried a HSC mani, and it was horrible. Chalky, streaky, sticky, lumpy. Seriously gross. Definitely not worth the money.

I'm really not crazy about this month's colors either even worse since they are streaky. Ugh... 

This was my first squarehue and I was disappointed. I don't think this program is for me. I'll stick with Julep since I can just sit it out if I don't want the colors. 

I love dear john. The longer I wear it, the more I adore it. This makes up for the other two being so not my colors that I don't think I will wear either one. Well, I wore wartime romance once, but that's probably the only time I'll be wearing it. I would love a lipstick in that color, though.

Does the SquareHue polish have a wet look finish afterwards?

I'm kind of curious about their polish, but I'm still such a huge fan of Mavala polish that unless I can not find something in their line I'm not as tempted.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One of my readers told me that she wasn't impressed with High School Crush and that it took her five coats to get it opaque for her taste. I tried it on one finger and even after two coats it was still very streaky. I'll have to play with it more and give myself a manicure first but so far first impressions is that it's a bust. Hopefully the other two colors are better.

Back