SquareHue: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you go on their Tumblr, the preview for March is up! Once again, it looks like they're seriously trying to nail their theme (the picture takes it to a place I'm pleasantly surprised to see. Hint: Charlie Mopps) and not trying to give an impressionist interpretation. *So* looking forward to that!
I don't use Tumblr, but when I went to their Tumblr site the last post I see is a post about the Feb box. I didn't see anything for March. Can you link to it please?

I don't use Tumblr, but when I went to their Tumblr site the last post I see is a post about the Feb box. I didn't see anything for March. Can you link to it please?
Urgh, I meant Pinterest. Short attention span = immediately forget where I saw it. I'll have to post the link tonight when I'm not posting from my phone unless someone else beats me to it.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Urgh, I meant Pinterest. Short attention span = immediately forget where I saw it. I'll have to post the link tonight when I'm not posting from my phone unless someone else beats me to it.
Oh ok I didn't check Pinterest. I did find the photo straight from their website though, but wasn't sure if there was more to it besides this preview:

I started a March thread so we don't bog down the February one: https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/132765/squarehue-march-2013

Has everyone received their shipping notice for the February box? I haven't gotten one yet. I know they don't send tracking numbers, but I'm not sure if everyone should have received their shipping notice yet.

I have not gotten a shipping notice. I do not recall if I got one for last month either. I think I was just surprised when it showed up in the mailbox.

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have not gotten a shipping notice. I do not recall if I got one for last month either. I think I was just surprised when it showed up in the mailbox.
I asked them on Facebook and they said all shipping notices should have gone out by now and that they just resent me one (not really sure how they knew my email address because I don't use my last name on Facebook), but I didn't get it. Then I got an email that looked like this and doesn't mention anything about shipping:

I'm worried because I went on my account on their website and it said that my shipping address wasn't set up yet. So I added it, but I'm not sure why it said that in the first place because I certainly would have set it up when I signed up. I hope this doesn't mean my box didn't ship.

I have yet to get a shipping notice. I DID on the 1st get notification that I was charged. The only bad thing I can say about SquareHue at the moment - well two bad things - is that I still don't like prepaying a full month in advance and that I don't always get a shipping notice.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have yet to get a shipping notice. I DID on the 1st get notification that I was charged. The only bad thing I can say about SquareHue at the moment - well two bad things - is that I still don't like prepaying a full month in advance and that I don't always get a shipping notice.
I signed up later in the month, so I don't get charged for March's box until February 22nd - and if I receive March's box the first week of March then I don't think that's too early to prepay for it. However, if I paid for March's box at the beginning of February I'd probably not like it very much.

I received an email back and they gave me my tracking number. It is only at the stage of "Electronic Shipping Info Received" on 1/31, so I don't think it's even left Florida yet.

One of my readers told me that she wasn't impressed with High School Crush and that it took her five coats to get it opaque for her taste. I tried it on one finger and even after two coats it was still very streaky. I'll have to play with it more and give myself a manicure first but so far first impressions is that it's a bust. Hopefully the other two colors are better.

I just changed from wartime romance (you know how some people feel conspicuous and *wrong* wearing neon green polish? That's how I felt with this one) to dear john.

Wearing High School Crush, and while it's a delighful color, I had to apply 4 coats to get any degree of opacity and then I threw glitter over it to hide the streakiness. Now I have cupcake looking nails, so it worked out.

When I get polishes that have nice color but not enough opacity I just use a coat of white under them and usually that helps. The same goes with darker colors, I use a cream in similar color under it and it frequently comes out looking pretty good. I'm going to do a little experimenting tomorrow with mine.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I get polishes that have nice color but not enough opacity I just use a coat of white under them and usually that helps. The same goes with darker colors, I use a cream in similar color under it and it frequently comes out looking pretty good. I'm going to do a little experimenting tomorrow with mine.
I don't actually have any white cremes. It may have helped but it was really hard to get it to coat evenly.

Oh! I just figured out what dear john reminds me of! Cherry cola. Love it. I need to cut my nails before I wear it again, though. I'm not wild about how my nails look with dark polish when they're as long as they are right now. It's just one if my weird Rules about polish. Plus I broke off my middle nail on my left hand. I really should have cut them before I painted them, but I was in denial that the broken nail was really as short as it is.

One of my readers told me that she wasn't impressed with High School Crush and that it took her five coats to get it opaque for her taste. I tried it on one finger and even after two coats it was still very streaky. I'll have to play with it more and give myself a manicure first but so far first impressions is that it's a bust. Hopefully the other two colors are better.
I got my box yesterday and tried all the colors and I totally agree with your reader - I hated High School Crush. It was too streaky, I stopped adding on after 3 coats and it just looked awful. Too bad too because it looked very pretty in the bottle. I like the Nailtini Frappe I got in my Ipsy bag much better. I'm not really a fan of Dear John either just because it's not my style. However! I looooooooove Wartime Romance. I used my Julep matte top coat with it and it looks so vintage rosey. I'm glad I liked at least one of my polishes, but pretty bummed that two of them are duds. Hopefully March will be better - I really liked December and January's too.

haaaaay that's me! After 5 coats, this is what I got out of High School Crush:

It's a pretty color, but you can see how it balded, streaked and was overall a mess. I love the light pink color but polishes like this drive me nuts - when you apply them and no matter what you do they still end up looking dirty and weird.

Swatch of Wartime Romance (amazing color):

And Dear John:

I got my box today. It will be a few days till I can try any. I am doing a 3 day nail oil thing. After reading the comments on High School crush. I will probably put it over a white. I hate having to put more than 2-3 coats and still having streaks.

Back