SquareHue: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the colors!! I can't wait for mine to come. I wished I had learned about this to get January's box. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Dude. Mine are here already. I'm on my way out the door for a volunteering gig, but I will be posting more later!

Here are some swatches that I saw someone post. Not a huge fan so far... the only one I like it the nude pinkish color.

So, I never received a shipping email, but I just arrived home to a present in my mailbox!!  *squee* 

Pics & Details under the spoiler!

Sorry for the photo quality, had to take them from my cell phone

Left to right:  high school crush, wartime romance, dear john

This is two coats of each color, no base/top coat

dear john is really a gorgeous color, I wish I could get a better shot of it. I'm going to attempt a manicure with it tomorrow. 

high school crush was very streaky for me and hard to apply, I'm hoping to have better luck with a good base coat because I do like the color.  I think wartime romance will definitely be going on my toes next.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am loving the two lighter shades! I'll probably like the darker color next winter when it's "in." I'm so ready for pastels and neons.

I received my box today and High School Crush is very streaky. Wartime Romance is very pretty on, i have not tried Dear John yet , it's beautiful and glimmers in the bottle!

I haven't tried High School Crush yet. 

I tried Dear John and I just didn't like it on me.  So, I took it off and put on Wartime Romance and I thought it was kind of thick but streaky.  I put on three coats, still didn't have complete coverage and I'm not crazy about the color.  It looks like a dusky purple on my fingers, not the rosy color that I thought it looked like in the bottle.  I think that Wartime Romance would work really well as a stamp on top of High School Crush.

Maybe I should use this as a sign that I need to buy some stamping plates.

Originally Posted by shadowboxer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried High School Crush yet. 

I tried Dear John and I just didn't like it on me.  So, I took it off and put on Wartime Romance and I thought it was kind of thick but streaky.  I put on three coats, still didn't have complete coverage and I'm not crazy about the color.  It looks like a dusky purple on my fingers, not the rosy color that I thought it looked like in the bottle.  I think that Wartime Romance would work really well as a stamp on top of High School Crush.

Maybe I should use this as a sign that I need to buy some stamping plates.
Unless Wartime Romance is a one coater, it probably won't work for stamping. The best polishes for stamping are polishes that go on in one coat or metallics. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri works amazingly for stamping. I also love using China Glazes Romantique collection.

I have on two coats of wartime romance and it covered. Maybe I put on thicker coats. The light pink one streaked really bad. Have not tried the darkest one yet.

They're beautiful, but I just got Joan and Sally in my Julep box and from the bottles they look somewhat similar.
fad.gif

Originally Posted by ShiloDS /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Unless Wartime Romance is a one coater, it probably won't work for stamping. The best polishes for stamping are polishes that go on in one coat or metallics. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri works amazingly for stamping. I also love using China Glazes Romantique collection.
Thanks for the tip.  I have had a stamping set in my Amazon cart for two weeks and I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Originally Posted by xheidi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone received it that lives in CA?

Show us your mani!
I'm in SoCal and got my box yesterday.  Here is Wartime Romance; 3 coats with Seche top coat.

Thanks for the tip.  I have had a stamping set in my Amazon cart for two weeks and I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I'm in SoCal and got my box yesterday.  Here is Wartime Romance; 3 coats with Seche top coat.

You should totally take the plunge! Stamping is so fun once you get the hang of it and figure out what polishes work. Stamping is my go to when I want a cute mani but wanna do it quickly and feel lazy.

I'm in SoCal too, but nothing from SquareHue yesterday. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Maybe Monday... :

The Look Book is up!  When I got the colors and saw the names, I could kind of see how the collection held together, but I was still on the fence.  Now that I see the inspiration boards, it all makes sense.  Even though it's totally not a color I would ever normally wear, I'm going to change my polish to wartime romance and watch _I Was a Male War Bride_ because *Cary Grant*!  

(My current polish is Zoya Aurora.  I would love to wear it another few days until the tip wear gets *really* out of control instead of just annoying, but I need to very specifically not wear this on Mondays or Tuesdays at work because I will spend too much time just staring at my nails, and those are days where I need to buckle down and *concentrate* on getting things done, not admiring the pretty sparkles.  Therefore, it's wartime romance for tomorrow and dear john for Tuesday.  I'm not sure I will ever get around to wearing high school crush, but I need to keep it around because I'm a completist and need all pieces of a collection for it to feel *right*.)

I'm a bit frustrated since I just got another renewal email with shipping to my billing address. I've changed this TWICE and emailed them about it, and it's still wrong. I don't go home very often, so it's inconvenient that I pay way advance for these polishes AND don't see them for another month once they ship. If March doesn't wow me, I may just pause for a while. Does anyone know if the intro price will be held for me, or will I have to re sign up with the new, more expensive, price?

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm a bit frustrated since I just got another renewal email with shipping to my billing address. I've changed this TWICE and emailed them about it, and it's still wrong. I don't go home very often, so it's inconvenient that I pay way advance for these polishes AND don't see them for another month once they ship. If March doesn't wow me, I may just pause for a while. Does anyone know if the intro price will be held for me, or will I have to re sign up with the new, more expensive, price?
According to their faq you'll keep the intro price.

I was brave today and hit the "suspend" button on my account.  I like the looks of the January colors but only wore them once, and the February colors seem to be things I already have.  I clearly have too much nail polish, so I will hit the reactivate button if I can ever trade away a bunch of what I have already. 

If you go on their Tumblr, the preview for March is up! Once again, it looks like they're seriously trying to nail their theme (the picture takes it to a place I'm pleasantly surprised to see. Hint: Charlie Mopps) and not trying to give an impressionist interpretation. *So* looking forward to that!

Back