Status of Nail Polish swap box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is really awesome of you, PurpleKB, to get the box turned around so quickly knowing that you are going on vacation tomorrow!!  Thank you so much.  The box looks awesome and I am very excited to see what is in it when it gets to me.

My husband and I are going to be going on a last minute trip to England next week so I am going to be sending the addresses of the next recipient to the ladies left on the swap.  I wonder if someone could help me with keeping track of the box while I'm gone?  Unfortunately we are going for a family funeral so I'm not sure how much time (if any) I will have to log onto MUT.   We both have family in England so as long as we are there we are going to make the "rounds".  We are thinking that we will be gone 10-14 days.  There are only 3 ladies left after Xiehan - Zadidoll, Beautyboxgal, and Ampym so I might not be back until the box is on its way back to me.  Let me know if anyone can give me a hand.

Thanks,

LV

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My husband and I are going to be going on a last minute trip to England next week so I am going to be sending the addresses of the next recipient to the ladies left on the swap.  I wonder if someone could help me with keeping track of the box while I'm gone?  Unfortunately we are going for a family funeral so I'm not sure how much time (if any) I will have to log onto MUT.   We both have family in England so as long as we are there we are going to make the "rounds".  We are thinking that we will be gone 10-14 days.  There are only 3 ladies left after Xiehan - Zadidoll, Beautyboxgal, and Ampym so I might not be back until the box is on its way back to me.  Let me know if anyone can give me a hand.
I can definitely help out, no problem!

Sorry for your loss, but hope you have a good trip in spite of the sad occasion.

Do we have future plans to keep the box going? I already have more stuff to add, EEK! 

Also, Lynda, very sorry to hear about your loss. Please have a safe trip!

Originally Posted by Squidling /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do we have future plans to keep the box going? I already have more stuff to add, EEK! 

Also, Lynda, very sorry to hear about your loss. Please have a safe trip!
Same here, I've got another pile set aside after purging some of my stash.

I'm also sorry to hear about your loss, LyndaV!

Thanks for the condolences everyone...I will pass them on to my hubby as well.  Thank you to those who contacted me to help.  I will PM you privately to get things set up.

I'd love to keep the box going!  I think we need to open up signups because there were several people who missed out on this box.  Who knows, we may even end up with multiple boxes like the MakeUp box.  I think it probably better to have several smaller circles than one huge circle...what do you guys think?

LV

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd love to keep the box going!  I think we need to open up signups because there were several people who missed out on this box.  Who knows, we may even end up with multiple boxes like the MakeUp box.  I think it probably better to have several smaller circles than one huge circle...what do you guys think?
I do think several boxes split into different regions is a good idea. It ensures that the box moves faster.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I do think several boxes split into different regions is a good idea. It ensures that the box moves faster.
Seconded!

Originally Posted by murflegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seconded!
Thirded and maybe we could also do other makeup samples as well? I think we have a great group here and I have so much lipstick to trade!

Thirded and maybe we could also do other makeup samples as well? I think we have a great group here and I have so much lipstick to trade!
Fourthed!  I have lots of samples!

Lynda so very sorry for your loss. I am second to last and have your address so it will be on the move after I get the box from Beatuy box gal (who can email me for my address if Lynda is out of the country).

I am all for doing another box and can do a starter box and can do polish and or polish and cosmetics box.

Just let me know.

Yay!!! The box got to me today. I totally wasn't expecting it... it's kind of weird because the mail had already come by this morning (delivering, among other things, my Birchbox) so I was really confused why someone was ringing the doorbell. I guess maybe the mailman forgot and swung back around, or something.

Anyway, here's what I found in the box!

I still need to decide what I'm taking and what I'm putting back... I want to avoid dupes and one color I was thinking of including is one we already have several very similar ones of in the box, so I need to rethink my plan! I will mail it out by Thursday at the very latest. I might also see about fitting it into a Priority Mail box, else it's going to take forever to cross the country to get to Zadi!

Great!  Just so everyone knows, I have already sent addresses for the next recipient to the ladies who are waiting for their box "turn".  I am really impressed by how smoothly this is all going.  Big thanks to everyone who is participating.  It will be fun to just keep this going.

TAKE THE NAIL STICKERS XIEHAN!!! I don't want them to come back to me, lol. Will someone please think of the nail stickers??

TAKE THE NAIL STICKERS XIEHAN!!! I don't want them to come back to me, lol. Will someone please think of the nail stickers??
No worries, I'm taking them! 
biggrin.gif
 Thank you so much for putting them in, they actually totally made my day! As someone who works in tech, the digital look really appeals to me, lol.

As an update:

I'm transplanting all of the items to a Priority Mail flat-rate box since at this point there won't be any price difference between this & Parcel Post, but Priority Mail will be much, much faster since the box has to cross the country. I'm aiming to have it out the door tomorrow, which would mean Zadi should get it by Saturday at the latest! 
biggrin.gif

Also, here's what I'm taking out of the box...

See, Squidling? The stickers are the very first thing I grabbed out of the box! 
biggrin.gif

...and here's what I'm putting in!

Did my best to diversify the colors!

Oohhh Sparitual!

I need to get my polishes out for it. I just picked some new polishes up the other day for the swap box. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back