Status of Nail Polish swap box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MurfleGirl and Zadi...

I have an extra Sparitual in Airhead that I'd be interested in trading.  SInce I'm a nail polish junkie I'd want to trade for...guess??

LV

I just found about the nail polish swap group !! Is it too late to join ? What are the swap rules and guidelines ? Thanks y'all !

Originally Posted by tevans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found about the nail polish swap group !!

Is it too late to join ?

What are the swap rules and guidelines ?

Thanks y'all !
It is too late for the current round, but there are only a few people left, and we've been talking about doing another round after it finishes, so stay tuned!

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MurfleGirl and Zadi...

I have an extra Sparitual in Airhead that I'd be interested in trading.  SInce I'm a nail polish junkie I'd want to trade for...guess??

LV
LyndaV,

Did you ever get your peridot polish?

It is too late for the current round, but there are only a few people left, and we've been talking about doing another round after it finishes, so stay tuned!
Ok ! Thanks for letting me know ! Can't wait for the new one to start !

Hi Beautyboxgal...no I never did get the Peridot.  There are a couple of dupes that I've thought of trying but I just haven't done it yet.  Peridot is the August birthstone and I'm an August baby so really...I HAVE to get it, don't I??

Haha.  Anyway, the box is on its way to Zadi right now and then its on to YOU!  Enjoy : )

Tevans,

As Xiehan told you we are just finishing up our very first round of the Nail Polish swap box and will be starting a new one fairly soon.  We do have some guidelines that we pretty much took straight from the MakeUp traveling swap box group.  The link to the guidelines is https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/126364/guidelines-for-nail-polish-circular-swap.  The guidelines were set up this way because the MakeUp swap box had ONE person who either never sent the box on or did it so late (like by a month or so) that for all intents and purposes she just bailed.  SUPER unfair to all the rest of the swappers who played by the rules.  

So, depending on whether you have enough posts/trades you may want to work on getting those done according to the guidelines while we finish the last 3 people on the swap.  We will probably be done with this one in say...two weeks?

So glad to have another member.  All the ladies in our group are wonderful and we have had a blast!

Thanks,

Lynda

So, for round two of the swap: I have some magnetic China Glaze polishes to add in, since buying the set was cheaper than buying one - GO FIGURE, right? The only issue is that the actual magnet comes separately, you know, because who needs a magnet w/ magnetic polish or anything...ANYWAY, would you ladies be OK with that? I know Sally Beauty supply has the magnets, but they are also on Amazon for 1¢ as well.

That would be fine. The magnets can be found any where and you can even use normal magnets for a basic design.

I had so much fun with this swap, even though I only spent like 10 minutes with the box! Can't wait for the next one - I have some magnetic polishes to trade as well, and a newish Butter London that for some reason I am already so over!  KB

Squidling...I have at least one extra magnet that I got from **********.  I will need to dig around in my stash because I may have two!  I will send them to you in an envelop so that you can include them with your polish.

LV

Box arrived today! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Items in the box:

Unfortunately the hot pink China Glaze exploded. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm going to toss it since it's completely dried out. I'm probably going to take one of the two Spa Rituals, the Sally Hansen HD (if I don't have it already).

Hi Beautyboxgal...no I never did get the Peridot.  There are a couple of dupes that I've thought of trying but I just haven't done it yet.  Peridot is the August birthstone and I'm an August baby so really...I HAVE to get it, don't I??

Haha.  Anyway, the box is on its way to Zadi right now and then its on to YOU!  Enjoy : )
I will.  Thank you!  I am looking forward to receiving the box. 

Regarding the peridot polish, since this month is your birth month, and peridot is your birthstone, I think you have a DUTY to buy the polish.

Squidling...I have at least one extra magnet that I got from **********.  I will need to dig around in my stash because I may have two!  I will send them to you in an envelop so that you can include them with your polish.

LV
That would be awesome!

I'm sending the box on it's merry way today finally. I stopped at my local Cosmoprof this weekend and picked up some polishes 'cause 1) I'm such a hoarder and couldn't give anything up in my collection and 2) because I wanted to pick up some new polish so I bought two of certain polishes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> LOL Last week was fair week so I was without a vehicle since the hubby had his and our eldest had mine.

I would LOVE to get in on the next round!  And I have the peridot dupe by china glaze I can throw in!

Back