Status of Nail Polish swap box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta do what you gotta do! I added that one in and it was undamaged when I sent it out. No big deal.

I think the heat - since it was traveling at time when temps got up to 105+ - caused the top to come loose and leak. It's the one thing I hate about summer and winter - plastic expands and contracts while glass shatters and cream products melt. Last year I had a lip liner come and it was "what lip liner?" because it had melted out.

Yeah, I hear you all - when I first got the box from LyndaV, a polish had shattered. it was an adorable yellow. I felt terrible but I told her & she had no prob with me throwing it out! @Zadi - good idea about saving Julep's wrapping!

So who is the box with now? I'd love to have the three MyGlam/Ipsy/Circus polishes and would be willing to trade OPI/China Glaze for it.

I got the box today!!  Oh my, there are some really gorgeous polishes in there!!  Zadi, the circus polishes aren't in the box anymore...someone else got them first, sorry!

Here are the pics I took of the box...

This is what was in the box when I got it...nice mix of China Glaze, OPI, SpaRitual, MAC, Julep, and Zoya (what I would consider higher-end polishes) plus Ulta, Revlon, Sally Hansen, Sinful Colors and a couple of other "drugstore" brands.  Not sure where The New Black would be classified.

This is the polish I took out..

And the polish that ended up in the box.  I added 3 polishes (2 Juleps and an Ulta) plus of course the 12 polishes the box started with.

We ended up with 21 polishes and 3 nail-related items.  We could split this up into 2 boxes if we needed to.   Looks like Round 1 of the Nail Polish Circular Swap is closed.  I'll post this week about Round 2.  Thanks everyone it was a blast and I'm very pleased that we had no issues or problems at all.  You guys are awesome!!

Hi I'm new to this nail polish swap, but I have a few polishes and want to join! Can anyone give me a few more details?

Squidling - I mailed the nail polish magnet to you but it was returned to me...I seem to be having a problem with mail returning back to me right now 
2.gif

I will just keep it in the box and when it gets to you again you can just add the magnetic nail polish...do you think that would work?  I'll put it in an envelope with a note to keep it in the box for the polish so no one takes it in the meantime.

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Squidling - I mailed the nail polish magnet to you but it was returned to me...I seem to be having a problem with mail returning back to me right now 
2.gif

I will just keep it in the box and when it gets to you again you can just add the magnetic nail polish...do you think that would work?  I'll put it in an envelope with a note to keep it in the box for the polish so no one takes it in the meantime.
Sounds good to me! I can't imagine anyone else taking it w/o the magnetic polish. Thank Lynda!

Hey ladies,

Is anyone in need of some spare OPI brushes? I got a mini-bottle with a wonky brush so POI sent me a few spares and I have extra. If anyone is in want of some, let me know! I have 2 extra and I will gladly ship them to you.

Back