Status of Nail Polish swap box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys I'm saying hello from England but just wanted to tell everyone that my awesome hubby got me Chanel Peridot for my birthday!! It really is gorgeous!! I'm scooping up all the nai goodies I can find while here in the UK...anyone got any special requests?? So cool that it looks like I'll be coming home to the Nail Polish swap box at my house!

Originally Posted by LyndaV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm scooping up all the nai goodies I can find while here in the UK...anyone got any special requests??
MaxFactor Fantasy Fire!!! 
w00t.gif

OMG I found Max Factor Fantasy Fire and bought two bottles already. If anyone wants me to buy one for them, its now or never! I think the bottle was 3.99 pounds but it is a mini bottle. There weren't any larger bottles. Let me know and we could work out the cost plus shipping and I could send when I return to the US. LV

By the way, I was going to buy this polish from eBay before we left...think it was $15 for the small bottle of polish for Fantasy Fire. It is a gorgeous color!!

OMG I found Max Factor Fantasy Fire and bought two bottles already. If anyone wants me to buy one for them, its now or never! I think the bottle was 3.99 pounds but it is a mini bottle. There weren't any larger bottles. Let me know and we could work out the cost plus shipping and I could send when I return to the US.

LV
I would definitely like to take you up on that! 
biggrin.gif

OMG I found Max Factor Fantasy Fire and bought two bottles already. If anyone wants me to buy one for them, its now or never! I think the bottle was 3.99 pounds but it is a mini bottle. There weren't any larger bottles. Let me know and we could work out the cost plus shipping and I could send when I return to the US.

LV
*raises hand*

I received the box today!!  Very exciting!  There are so many pretty colors!  I will prepare the box to go out on Monday, hopefully.  Should I do a photo?

Love your new pic Ampym!!

I'm home!!  The trip was awesome but it is so good to be back home!!  Can't wait to get the box and I have lots of UK polishes to add to the next round :  )

Hi,

I mailed the box today to Ampym. 

I apologize for the crummy photos.  The camera in my phone did not pick up the details of the colors in the early morning light.  They are so beautiful!  There is a gold glitter crackle polish hiding in the upper right hand corner that is gorgeous.  And in the opposite corner is a greyish purple and gold duotone that is so pretty.  And, next to the gold glitter crackle polish there is a neutral color with a gold sheen that is also very pretty.  And the polish that looks white is a pretty pale blue.

What came in the box:

What I took:  So pretty!

What I put in the box:

Since you may not be able to tell from the photo, the Circus polishes are white, yellow and neon orange.  The Juleps are Kelly and Penelope.  And, the The New Blacks are Just Shocking, Horchata Cream and Midnight Navy.  The Salon effects are fuschia and black tiger stripes.

This was so fun!  Thank you all!!!

The box it originally came to was huge which lead to one of the polishes leaking everywhere so I opted for a tight fitting box hoping that would protect the contents better (less room for it to shift and less chance for stuff to open). I suggest to those who get Julep to keep the bubble wrap and the rubber bands because those are great for wrapping polishes. I use to toss mine away and wish I didn't for this swap box.

Glad you like the OPI one. I can't recall the name of it but I have it myself and it's a fun pink that's not too pink but not too pale.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The box it originally came to was huge which lead to one of the polishes leaking everywhere so I opted for a tight fitting box hoping that would protect the contents better (less room for it to shift and less chance for stuff to open). I suggest to those who get Julep to keep the bubble wrap and the rubber bands because those are great for wrapping polishes. I use to toss mine away and wish I didn't for this swap box.

Glad you like the OPI one. I can't recall the name of it but I have it myself and it's a fun pink that's not too pink but not too pale.
If it's the pink China Glaze you're talking about, that one already came to me in that condition. I wasn't sure what to do with it - I worried it might be disrespectful to the person who put it in to just throw it away, but I guess you made the right call when you did.

I know. I felt guilty too but if it's damaged then toss it. In another swap box one of the items was expired and I let the person know that I was going to toss it out of the box because it was expired and she was cool with it. Sometimes it happens and it's just better to toss then keep it.

Back