The Look Bag November Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed. The replacement should be exclusive to those who got the expired items last month
I would be very angry if everyone got it, because then it is not a "Replacement" at all, it is just part of the bag. I agree with all the other ladies who say they will cancel no matter what after November, and that they are only waiting for the replacement. I am in that boat too and was so close to disputing the charge with my CC but decided to wait. I may still go through with it if Nov is horrible (ie they send MORE expired products or we do not get the replacement as promised). TLB is not a company I want to do business with anymore but I feel I am owed something for the fiasco. Even if they completely shape up and actually get companies to sponsor them, the way they started (back up, after failing once) is not something I can agree with

Originally Posted by juraseka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would be very angry if everyone got it, because then it is not a "Replacement" at all, it is just part of the bag. I agree with all the other ladies who say they will cancel no matter what after November, and that they are only waiting for the replacement. I am in that boat too and was so close to disputing the charge with my CC but decided to wait. I may still go through with it if Nov is horrible (ie they send MORE expired products or we do not get the replacement as promised). TLB is not a company I want to do business with anymore but I feel I am owed something for the fiasco. Even if they completely shape up and actually get companies to sponsor them, the way they started (back up, after failing once) is not something I can agree with
I so badly want to stick with them and see them succeed, but after the whole june/july thing were people were signed up and new people got bags while older sign ups didnt (i mean some did, but a lot didnt) and then they just closed their doors, and when they reopened this happens. I don't think there is anyway up from this.

Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I so badly want to stick with them and see them succeed, but after the whole june/july thing were people were signed up and new people got bags while older sign ups didnt (i mean some did, but a lot didnt) and then they just closed their doors, and when they reopened this happens. I don't think there is anyway up from this.
I think its true what they say about first impressions, even if it is from a sub! I only found out about them right before they were going to start back up so I thought I was jumping in right on time.... So much for that!

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel the same way. I'm only staying to get my replacement. I'm going to cancel even if it's awesome. I just joined starlooks to replace this sub. Their Dec bag is supposed to have a $99 eyeshadow palette!
Where did you find out about the eyeshadow palette?

Oh is there a screenshot of it or a list of what they said? This will be my first box

Just got off the phone with TLB customer service woman and she told me that we will be getting a surprise item in our bags as well as the replacement item for those of us who got last months bags. I really hope this is correct though because sometimes CS will say one thing and then we find out something different. I did find out though that I was still subscribed so no worries there.
rockwoot.gif

Mine shows that I'm going to get billed next in december. does that mean I don't get the november bag? This is so confusing.

Well, I'm annoyed. I had cancelled last month after the fiasco, but today they charged me and I got an "order confirmation" email. I DO NOT WANT YOUR JUNK. Ughh.

Yikes! Call them and let them know you cancelled last month would like a refund for it and to remove your CC from their database.

I just read a post on TLB fb page that someone had posted, with a pic of their October bag, that had 4 Naked Princess lip glosses instead of the Stila eyeshadow. I wonder if that will be our replacement?! I didn't get one from another sub I have, so I wouldn't mind getting that.

instead of posting again I'm just going to edit this post, I just asked TLB on their fb wall:

This will be my second month after discovering you, and I have some questions. 1. Will the extra item in this months bag ONLY be for those who received Stila last month? 2. What about the people who got something instead of the stila, are they getting an extra item? 3. I've heard from someone that customer service (via phone) told them we'd be receiving our replacement in our bags PLUS a surprise item. Confirm or deny? haha thanks! can't wait for my bag!

and I get this as a response just now...

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just read a post on TLB fb page that someone had posted, with a pic of their October bag, that had 4 Naked Princess lip glosses instead of the Stila eyeshadow. I wonder if that will be our replacement?! I didn't get one from another sub I have, so I wouldn't mind getting that.

instead of posting again I'm just going to edit this post, I just asked TLB on their fb wall:

This will be my second month after discovering you, and I have some questions. 1. Will the extra item in this months bag ONLY be for those who received Stila last month? 2. What about the people who got something instead of the stila, are they getting an extra item? 3. I've heard from someone that customer service (via phone) told them we'd be receiving our replacement in our bags PLUS a surprise item. Confirm or deny? haha thanks! can't wait for my bag!

and I get this as a response just now...

Curiouser and curiouser... now I wanna know!

This is obviously just a guess because we don't really know where they buy their items. But I don't think this is where they get them....the above company is based in WA and TLB gets their stuff from  the East Coast. I did call CS today and they are STILL waiting on the final product that was delayed by the storm. They said they should have it Monday or Tuesday, then shipping should start. I don't blame them just like I don't blame BB for their shipping issues this month due to Sandy. 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is obviously just a guess because we don't really know where they buy their items. But I don't think this is where they get them....the above company is based in WA and TLB gets their stuff from  the East Coast. I did call CS today and they are STILL waiting on the final product that was delayed by the storm. They said they should have it Monday or Tuesday, then shipping should start. I don't blame them just like I don't blame BB for their shipping issues this month due to Sandy. 
Thanks for the update. I do agree about the shipping. A lot of the companies this month have had issues due to Sandy.

You're probably right. I don't mind the occasional discontinued item (as long as it isn't expired), but it seems that those are going to be their focus...if that's what you're going to do, why not call it a "Last Chance Discontinued Item" bag and not pretend you're sending out new and exciting things???

I got those mini Naked Princess lipglosses that someone else posted from them before, I am pretty sure. Or from another sub...but I think it was TLB? At any rate, they're not bad, but insanely tiny. Nothing special. 

Originally Posted by Nightgem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ohh hell I canceled late last night but it said it could take up to five days...I really really want that silver liner...ugg what an idiot I am. When do they bill? I might get lucky and get the bag this month. Last month was crazy but now I'm wishing I didn't cancel till I got my shipping.
You can get a nice silver liner for cheaper elsewhere, anyway...ELF's is surprisingly decent and at least you'd know where it came from.

Pop beauty magnet eyeshadows..came out in 2011 to be used with their craptastic magnet eyeshadow primer...this is starting to annoy me. I want new, or at least relatively recent products to try. Not something from may 2011..

Back