The Look Bag November Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still no charge here and I spoke to them on the phone this past week. Yousoldtheworld , just saw your post about the silver liner, Thanks I'll check it out.

Charge just got posted to my card....though I could have sworn that I cancelled right after I got the October box..... On the plus side, maybe this means I get the 'I sorry for the discontinued goods' extra. On the downside...I cancelled, didn't I?!

They have really dropped the ball with this and blaming hurricane sandy is getting annoying. Are they even based on the east coast? 

You mean this?

It's possible that the company they buy their products from is on the east coast since The Look Store and The Look Bag are in California.

It does say their products have been held up, rather than anything on their own end being held up

Originally Posted by prachisrk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They have really dropped the ball with this and blaming hurricane sandy is getting annoying. Are they even based on the east coast? 
You're probably right. They are most likely using a terrible natural disaster as an excuse because they didn't want to do any shipping in the last 3 weeks. 
6.gif

I too got the email about the hold ups and that they would start charging as soon as possible. My card was just charged this evening. I guess since the news isn't still being inundated with the aftermaths of the storm many people consider it to be done with. There are so many people displaced from this storm, businesses still unable to operate and the like. I'm ok with this since they didn't just rush in and charge us before they knew they could send it out. They could have charged us, blamed the storm and we would all be sitting here waiting on something we paid for in advance. I'm excited as everyone else to get my bag too but I also understand that there are things out of their control right now. Ehh just kinda my .02 on the matter...

since most makeup companies are up and running now afaik, IF they really are waiting to get their products from someone, it's probably safe to say it's a 3rd party distributor.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

since most makeup companies are up and running now afaik, IF they really are waiting to get their products from someone, it's probably safe to say it's a 3rd party distributor.
Yep, they do.

I'm not saying that they don't want to ship. If they are genuinely affected by sandy then I understand but the only reason I feel like its an excuse is because they came up with it weeks after everything went back to normal.

We barely heard anything from them in the beginning of the month and considering they send their bags out the same time of the month for everybody aka someone should have gotten theirs Nov. 1st - shouldn't the products have arrived much before sandy hit? They seem to be very unorganized and I have a hunch they are blaming sandy for their sucky operations.

Just my opinion. I'm not being insensitive to people affected by sandy. 

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're probably right. They are most likely using a terrible natural disaster as an excuse because they didn't want to do any shipping in the last 3 weeks. 
6.gif

I saw one of the look bags, if you go to The Look Bag's page on fb some lady said she got her bag and to go to her fb and see it on her wall, it's public.

What I could see: 

Korres - Liquid Lipstick in what seems to be:Vibrant Red I think
Lola - Mark Jacobs sample
Sally Hansen - Twizers
Pop - Magnet Shade
June Jacobs - Spa Collection Green Tea And Cucumber Body Balm
Some Scarlett & Greene sample
What looks to be a Too Faced Glitter Eyeliner

I know lol that's funny XD and the bag itself...it's a bit meh for me...only the Korres Product seems attractive, but that's it

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know lol that's funny XD and the bag itself...it's a bit meh for me...only the Korres Product seems attractive, but that's it
That one thing alone is worth more than $20...which by far pays for the bag, so I'm excited! More exciting than my BB was...

they have a set of 3 on hsn for $18 XD...TLB decided to cancel my account without me asking for it...so I'll just leave it at that 

I think I have been quite supportive about them stopping previously and restarting. I have been more than patient and understanding about a lot. I have even been one of the few who hasn't squawked about discontinued items and stuff. Since Christmas is coming I decided to cancel just to save a little cash and told them as much when I cancelled. I got this note from them. I stopped reading after I saw:

Good morning Cindy, actually your bag is set to go out today...
I was a little put off... my name isn't Cindy. I would email them about it but I doubt they will read it properly.

Ugh...I still haven't gotten a response to my request for them to remove my credit card information after my cancellation last month did not "stick"...still no answer, no refund. If I get this bag of crap, I am going to be upset.

Back