The Look Bag November Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, it's ironic, people that don't want to cancel(me) get their account canceled, people that do want to cancel( like you guys) don't get their account canceled... it's funny... -.-'

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know, it's ironic, people that don't want to cancel(me) get their account canceled, people that do want to cancel( like you guys) don't get their account canceled... it's funny... -.-'
lol, right??

yup yup, I think I'm glad I'm not getting and they saved me the hassle of trying to cancel, cuz for me is not really worth it...

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I have been quite supportive about them stopping previously and restarting. I have been more than patient and understanding about a lot. I have even been one of the few who hasn't squawked about discontinued items and stuff. Since Christmas is coming I decided to cancel just to save a little cash and told them as much when I cancelled. I got this note from them. I stopped reading after I saw:

Quote: Good morning Cindy, actually your bag is set to go out today...
I was a little put off... my name isn't Cindy. I would email them about it but I doubt they will read it properly.

Bwhahaha! I think we should start calling your Cindy now since obviously that's your name.
laughno.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Bwhahaha! I think we should start calling your Cindy now since obviously that's your name.
laughno.gif
I have wet noodles AND a nerf bat in my possession and I am not afraid to use them lady!
bud.gif

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found this spoiler picture!

So is this supposedly the "replacement" bag with the extras, or is this what all the new subscribers are getting? While it looks good, it also looks a little "blah" to me.... and I'm not sure that I would be happy with JUST those as a replacement AND the normal subscription. Maybe I'm just picky, but I do feel that they have put some of us through the ringer on this one.. and judging by a lot of the comments about attempting to cancel they are still headed downhill... just my two cents!

Also, d we know for sure if all of the products are still being produced/still useable? I really don't want more expired stuff..

Originally Posted by juraseka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So is this supposedly the "replacement" bag with the extras, or is this what all the new subscribers are getting? While it looks good, it also looks a little "blah" to me.... and I'm not sure that I would be happy with JUST those as a replacement AND the normal subscription. Maybe I'm just picky, but I do feel that they have put some of us through the ringer on this one.. and judging by a lot of the comments about attempting to cancel they are still headed downhill... just my two cents!

Also, d we know for sure if all of the products are still being produced/still useable? I really don't want more expired stuff..
by the way, looks like the 3 main items (the korres, the too faced liner, and the pop magnet), are all on that cosmetics wholesale website...

The November bag includes an extra item to replace the Stila from last month, plus a 'bonus' (the packets). There's supposed to be 5 items in every bag and this bag has 7. 

It all looks like good stuff...AND big sizes mostly. The items in the picture I posted above blow the pants off what I've received in a single Birchbox since July.

Originally Posted by juraseka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

by the way, looks like the 3 main items (the korres, the too faced liner, and the pop magnet), are all on that cosmetics wholesale website...
I'm pretty sure we've deducted that they aren't getting their stuff from the wholesale site that was posted earlier in the thread. one giveaway being that the site is based in WA, and TLB's items were held up on the East coast by the storm.

I'm pretty sure we've deducted that they aren't getting their stuff from the wholesale site that was posted earlier in the thread. one giveaway being that the site is based in WA, and TLB's items were held up on the East coast by the storm.
some...items were help up by the storm, we don't know if they all were, so there's still a chance they get it from there

Quote: Originally Posted by juraseka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, we haven't deduced that at all. I could buy things from that wholesaler and then tell someone that I couldn't ship things to them yet because of a hurricane. They haven't exactly proven themselves to be trustworthy.

At any rate, they are still sending out lackluster items from a questionable source, and there is no way I would willingly pay money for this bag.

That bag looks horrendous. Dated fragrance samples and beauty products you can find at a 24 hour gas station. I'll pass.

Originally Posted by Wednesday Adams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That bag looks horrendous. Dated fragrance samples and beauty products you can find at a 24 hour gas station. I'll pass.
You're right, terrible stuff! They should be ashamed of themselves! To think...sending us those kinds of items for $12.95..I'm disgusted! LOL

Originally Posted by Wednesday Adams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Darnit, I knew I was going to the wrong gas stations. Mine just have drinks and candy and overpriced tampons.

So in the pic posted above at least two possibly three of the items are discontinued.

Sally Hansen LA CROSS tweezers - discontinued?

Pop Beauty... something Magnet Shade - Discontinued since it's not on their website.

June Jacobs - Spa Collection Green Tea And Cucumber Body Balm - still sold BUT the Body BAR is not.

Here's a video with different products:

That Pop Beauty shadow is discontinued, the body bar and tweezers are also discontinued.

She also got the June Jacobs body bar (which was discontinued). The difference in this bag and the pic above is that this one has the Pixi lip primer while the other one has a different product.

My issue isn't with the brands they include but with the way they operate, and the fact that we've seen enough issues with enough subs now that I do not trust 3rd party wholesalers. Sure, the products might be fine and fresh and legit, but they might not be.

I'd much rather give my business to companies working directly with the brands themselves so I know what I'm getting, and I'd rather give my business to a company that handles problems well, rather than ignoring them.

And I will do so...as soon as I get this company to stop charging me and refund my money. At this point it seems I am going to have to cancel that card and get a new one to be sure.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So in the pic posted above at least two possibly three of the items are discontinued.

Sally Hansen LA CROSS tweezers - discontinued?

Pop Beauty... something Magnet Shade - Discontinued since it's not on their website.

June Jacobs - Spa Collection Green Tea And Cucumber Body Balm - still sold BUT the Body BAR is not.

Here's a video with different products:

That Pop Beauty shadow is discontinued, the body bar and tweezers are also discontinued.

She also got the June Jacobs body bar (which was discontinued). The difference in this bag and the pic above is that this one has the Pixi lip primer while the other one has a different product.
the magnet shadow's are on their website right here http://www.popbeauty.co.uk/Popbeauty_Products/Eyes/Eye_Magnet_Shade/Index.html

the june jacobs bar is on their website right here http://www.junejacobs.com/p-138-new-green-tea-and-cucumber-cleansing-bar.aspx

Back