The Look Bag November Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OK, I have no clue what it was that got deleted, please don't take what I said the wrong way or personal, cuz that's not what I intended to do. I used to work in customer service and was the one who would take the hit when a customer expected their service to be canceled, but someone else didn't do their job and didn't cancel the service, so a thing like this really makes me mad(company not canceling), which is why I said I saw where she was coming from, I have plenty of customer service training and experience and know how to do things right as a company and wrong. They canceled my account without me asking for it, I wanted to get the bag, but for me, it's not that worth it anymore, cuz I just don't like what was there or really don't need it, however doing something I didn't request is still bad customer service. Again don't take it the wrong way or personal I have absolutely no desire to create any problems or make anyone mad, getting plenty of that at home today(people is angry all around me), and this is a place where I talk about what I love(make up <3), so I'm not intending to get people upset in any way shape or form.
That's ok, I just didn't think it was worth responding over so I deleted what I said. Sometimes I jump and comment and then think about it and delete it lol! And just a tip, I know they had some issues with people showing canceled when they actually weren't, so you are probably still subscribed even if the website says cancelled :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Frustrating I know, but stuff happens I guess. I think they are taking active steps to be better with this month's products, and making sure they are not discontinued or expired. That's all we can really ask of a company I guess, is that they listen to us and get better over time. A lot of companies are not without their own issues, and I agree they should have cancelled her sub when she said to cancel.... But I do feel they are working to be better and maybe we should remember that people who work there are still human and make mistakes...and still deserve a level of respect owed to every person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just my opinion!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But I do feel they are working to be better and maybe we should remember that people who work there are still human and make mistakes...and still deserve a level of respect owed to every person :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just my opinion!
Totally I know what it is to be yelled at by people when something is not your fault, I've had to deal with it and it's not nice, I know how it is so I tend to be reasonable when it comes to dealing with customer service people...as long as THEY are reasonable XD

And just a tip, I know they had some issues with people showing canceled when they actually weren't, so you are probably still subscribed even if the website says cancelled :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Oh that's fine cuz my debit card has no money :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So they have no card to charge it to :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> *evil laugh*

Totally I know what it is to be yelled at by people when something is not your fault, I've had to deal with it and it's not nice, I know how it is so I tend to be reasonable when it comes to dealing with customer service people...as long as THEY are reasonable XD

Oh that's fine cuz my debit card has no money :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So they have no card to charge it to :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> *evil laugh*
Oh I know, I used to work in CS for a long time and I refuse to do it anymore because it's just not worth what we get paid to put up with people yelling! Now I work in social media where I don't have to talk to people over the phone directly, soooo much better haha!

And LMAO to that second part! 

Oh I know, I used to work in CS for a long time and I refuse to do it anymore because it's just not worth what we get paid to put up with people yelling! Now I work in social media where I don't have to talk to people over the phone directly, soooo much better haha!
Yeah, it's just not worth the stress and the headaches...after that I was doing chat tech support....SO MUCH BETTER! Just the fact that you can't hear them on the phone is amazing, and reading something can't compare to hearing something XD

Originally Posted by Wednesday Adams /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're like a member of their public relations team on this board. You like cheap shit, we get it.
Oh wow... I love Wet & Wild and that's some cheap shit! So sign me up on that too ^^ just cuz something is cheap doesn't mean it's bad...and last time I checked Korres isn't cheap O.O

Originally Posted by Wednesday Adams /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're like a member of their public relations team on this board. You like cheap shit, we get it.
Just like you, she has a right to her opinions. Please keep that in mind.

Quote: Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gifSounds like you aren't so upset with the items after all :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Even if she doesn't hate the items, it's still upsetting to cancel a service any service and not getting it canceled, I understand her point and where she's coming from. That's bad bad bad customer service, if a customer wants to cancel, then cancel their account, not doing so, show's the company being untrustworthy.

I'm upset with the company itself and the way it runs, and yes, I will use the items but only because it was sent to me. I would not have paid $13 for this even if it didn't come from some unknown 3rd party vendor. I just figured it's not worth the fight, since their idea of customer service is just ignoring everything. I will not be adding any more money to the card that they charge, I won't ever order from them, and that's that.

Are you sure you don't secretly work for them or something? I do not understand your need to defend everything they do. And if I'm not mistaken, weren't you the one who used to answer every post on their facebook like you were an employee?

Either way, you like them. That's great. I don't. Neither do many others. The end. People are different, and that's fine. But passive aggressive smileys added to everything you say to someone who disagrees with you are not necessary.

And on the subject of customer service, I would never yell at a customer service rep. But if they can't handle their operations with the amount of CS they have, they should get more or close up. 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Either way, you like them. That's great. I don't. Neither do many others. The end.
Yep, doesn't matter...which is why I deleted my post. Your beef is your beef and the fact that I don't have one is ok too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you sure you don't secretly work for them or something? I do not understand your need to defend everything they do. And if I'm not mistaken, weren't you the one who used to answer every post on their facebook like you were an employee?

Either way, you like them. That's great. I don't. Neither do many others. The end. People are different, and that's fine. But passive aggressive smileys added to everything you say to someone who disagrees with you are not necessary.
Nope, I don't. And we are all here to speak our opinions on whatever topic the thread is about, it's not really my problem if you don't like the way I type or what I have to say. I'm sorry that you feel the need to aim your anger at me, I'm just joining the conversation like everyone else here. But now that I know you are offended by me for some reason, I'll take care not to quote you or respond anymore. My bad 
flowers.gif

i personally feel like it's really alienating to see every criticism and concern about this company responded to here with a customer service like sounding tone. there's probably not a rule against it, and i thought i was crazy until others brought it up, but it's definitely not the type of responses you'd see someone give in your typical birchbox/ipsy topic.

i think people here just care a lot about making sure they aren't being unfairly influenced by someone who may have an underlying connection, it's not a personal problem with your opinions :

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i personally feel like it's really alienating to see every criticism and concern about this company responded to here with a customer service like sounding tone. there's probably not a rule against it, and i thought i was crazy until others brought it up, but it's definitely not the type of responses you'd see someone give in your typical birchbox/ipsy topic.

i think people here just care a lot about making sure they aren't being unfairly influenced by someone who may have an underlying connection, it's not a personal problem with your opinions :
I'm a former Customer Service rep for years and years....so when I am speaking/typing it can definitely come off that way, that is the way I speak/type. But I personally find it crazy that this is even being directed at me....and I'd appreciate  if it would stop, and stick to the topic of the thread. Thanks. I'm here to talk about the topics, just like everyone else. I wasn't aware that this was the way people felt about my posts. I apologize to anyone whom I have offended with my posts or opinions, so let it go please.

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, I don't. And we are all here to speak our opinions on whatever topic the thread is about, it's not really my problem if you don't like the way I type or what I have to say. I'm sorry that you feel the need to aim your anger at me, I'm just joining the conversation like everyone else here. But now that I know you are offended by me for some reason, I'll take care not to quote you or respond anymore. My bad 
flowers.gif

We all have opinions on the companies we like and dislike. I probably come off as working for Ipsy, Birchbox and Beauty Army most times but I do love those three services the most. We're all individuals and as such we're all going to have differing opinions but the thing we all must remember is that we must respect each others opinion whether or not we agree.

I have been a long time creeper on this site but didnt want to post anything because I don't like drama and I actully liked the stuff in the october lookbag belive it or not. I am posting now because i saw something interesting on their facebook page that confused me. Someone asked where they were based and sending stuff from and their answer was California. This confused me because they are blaming all of their problems this month on hurricane sandy, but that was litterly on the other side of the united states from them. I get that this  could cause problems with companies sending products to them but they should be able to bill still and not have so many problems with accounts randomly deactiviting and such.
bs.gif

You aren't crazy. I was wondering the same thing.

Originally Posted by kawaiimeows /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My experience with TLB has been enough to make me cancel.  October was my first month, and I was really happy with my October bag despite the issues with the discontinued/expired items.

In November, I kept expecting a charge and to see my bag in the mail.  On November 18th I got an email that welcomed me to The Look Bag, then I got another one a few minutes later.  The next day I got two emails titled "Customer Refund Notification".  I decided that I should check my account at The Look Store and it showed that my account status was suspended.  I sent them an email asking for an explanation and to ensure that I was active and got no response, but my account status changed to active.  I waited a couple more days with no update, so I called them on the phone on the 21st.  The CS rep said that I they did that because of the shipping delay and that I was going to be charged on that day and that my bag was going to go out that day too.  Okay, great...now it's 6 days later and No charge, No bag.  I checked my account again and it doesn't show any order for November and it says that my next charge date is 12/18.  I just cancelled.

It's not worth it.  I have too many subs that are better than this one to stick with it when I am less than pleased.

Got my bag! Love it and can't wait for December!

1. Scarlett & Greene - Cleanser/makeup remover, Breakout control wash, Under cover moisturizer packets - $1.00 ?

2. June Jacobs - Green Tea & Cucumber Body Bar - $10.00 

3. Marc Jacobs - Lola perfume sample - $.50 ?

4. Korres - Raspberry Antioxidant Liquid Lipstick #56  - $22.00 

5. POP Beauty - Eye Magnet Shade Eye Shadow Lavender Love - $12.00 

6. Too Faced - Starry Eyed Liquid Eyeliner Ooh & Aah - $11.41

7. Sally Hansen - La Cross Tweezers - Can't find this one online, gonna call it $3.00

Estimated Total Value = $47.91

Got my bag! Love it and can't wait for December!

1. Scarlett & Greene - Cleanser/makeup remover, Breakout control wash, Under cover moisturizer packets - $1.00 ?

2. June Jacobs - Green Tea & Cucumber Body Bar - $10.00 

3. Marc Jacobs - Lola perfume sample - $.50 ?

4. Korres - Raspberry Antioxidant Liquid Lipstick #56  - $22.00 

5. POP Beauty - Eye Magnet Shade Eye Shadow Lavender Love - $12.00 

6. Too Faced - Starry Eyed Liquid Eyeliner Ooh & Aah - $11.41

7. Sally Hansen - La Cross Tweezers - Can't find this one online, gonna call it $3.00

Estimated Total Value = $47.91

The Korres looks nice. Glad you are happy!

did you guys get shipping emails or does it show up in your account? i got charged three times and got refunded once (had to email again for the second refund) but my account says my last order was at the beginning of october... is there some indication that will tell me they didn't just charge me and aren't sending me anything?

Latest posts

Back