The Look Bag November Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still trying to cancel - two emails and two voicemails to the cust scv department over four days, and I haven't heard back a thing.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And, since I seem stuck with the Nov. bag, what do you do with rounded-end tweezers anyways? I can't pick anything up with them. Any thoughts on how to use them? They're rounded on the ends like elementary-school safety scissors.

Originally Posted by amidea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

did you guys get shipping emails or does it show up in your account? i got charged three times and got refunded once (had to email again for the second refund) but my account says my last order was at the beginning of october... is there some indication that will tell me they didn't just charge me and aren't sending me anything?
Contact your credit/debit card holder and dispute it. Don't wait. This is for anyone who was charged multiple times OR who cancelled and were still charged.

UPDATE: They finally got me my refund. Wish it hadn't taken so much stress that I had given up on getting it, but I will give them credit for finally refunding me.

I got my bag today and I really like it!! This is my first Look Bag. I never received a tracking email from them, so it was a surprise when I came home from work! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Personally I think TLB is in over their head.  Some more time off would have really helped them out and they could have really put an effort into fixing the issues that they appear to still be having.

When they first started I enjoyed nearly everything they sent me, obviously not everything but more then not. But when they started sending discontinued items I lost all hope.

I attempted to make my opinions known on their facebook page but there were many people who seemed set out to diminish the importance of them. Personally I feel everyone is entitled to their opinions as many of you on here have stated but when it comes to company not delivering the level of quality and service that customer would expect then the issue needs to be addressed. Start up company or not, they need to get their shit together!

I'm lucky enough to have gotten out of my subscription before they closed for the month and came back. The June bag was enough for me, that and the complete lack of customer service. When I called in to their CS number I was yelled at and called names (whore, witch, slut) when the girl said she was going to charge my account for the 3 months I had already paid for saying there was a computer error and that I had never been charged. My bank records stated otherwise and I informed her of that.  The final outcome of it all was that they canceled my sub, refunded me for June AND blocked me on facebook so I couldn't post what had happened. I've never been so mad at anyone! And I honestly didn't WANT to cancel at the time, I just wanted them to fix the wrong created by sending out almost expired and discontinued products! If you can't buy the product anymore what is the point of sending out samples?!

I've never been mean, I've never bashed this company. I expected them to provide a service at the level they claim, and they have failed in my opinion. I will say that when they relaunched they did change the service description, it used to say you'd get "high end beauty samples" and now says "deluxe sample size beauty products".

My suggestion to those that are thinking about canceling to do it and run far away. But expect to still get all the announcement emails, because that hasn't stopped yet. I also got someones tracking number email last month.
claps.gif

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my bag! Love it and can't wait for December!

1. Scarlett & Greene - Cleanser/makeup remover, Breakout control wash, Under cover moisturizer packets - $1.00 ?

2. June Jacobs - Green Tea & Cucumber Body Bar - $10.00 

3. Marc Jacobs - Lola perfume sample - $.50 ?

4. Korres - Raspberry Antioxidant Liquid Lipstick #56  - $22.00 

5. POP Beauty - Eye Magnet Shade Eye Shadow Lavender Love - $12.00 

6. Too Faced - Starry Eyed Liquid Eyeliner Ooh & Aah - $11.41

7. Sally Hansen - La Cross Tweezers - Can't find this one online, gonna call it $3.00

Estimated Total Value = $47.91

This is what I got too, except instead of the liquid liner, I got the Pixi liner/lipstick in pale petal.   At first, I was not happy with the Pixi, because I got it in another bag last month, but then I realized that this one was a pale pink, and the one I got last month was nude...and the pink one looks like a color I'll actually wear.  I've gotten soooo many bright red lip products lately (which I'll never wear) that it was nice to finally get something in a color that looks good on me.  All in all, I'm satisfied with this bag - they're not all products that I'll use, but none of my sample bags ever are, and I feel that I got enough items of value that I'm happy.  I'm sorta excited to try out the lavender eye shadow, since it's a color I don't usually wear.  However, I'll make sure to review my credit card statement closely to make sure there's no hanky panky going on there!

I really want to see them succed I really do. I called today to see if my bag had been delveried today because my mail box was broken into and I wanted to make sure it wasnt stolen. Low and behold they had mentioned to miss my account when sending out the boxes. I love the products in the bag but this behind the scenes crap is getting on my last nerve. If they cant get it together behind the scenes then i am dropping them. Giving them one more month.

I really want to see The Look Bag fail miserably because they've had how long(?) to get their act together and still f'up miserably every single month.

Originally Posted by oOliveColored /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really want to see The Look Bag fail miserably because they've had how long(?) to get their act together and still f'up miserably every single month.
Not neccesarily. Yes there was one expired product in the bag, but guess what i let my mom use it and her eyes didnt fall out. it wasnt that big of a deal. it was still a great product. and the other things in it were great. The products are great they are doing good with that could be better but its not crappy stuff. Plus this is only their second month back of course they are still going to have things to work thourgh, thats normal.

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not neccesarily. Yes there was one expired product in the bag, but guess what i let my mom use it and her eyes didnt fall out. it wasnt that big of a deal. it was still a great product. and the other things in it were great. The products are great they are doing good with that could be better but its not crappy stuff. Plus this is only their second month back of course they are still going to have things to work thourgh, thats normal.
If you think being unable to send out a product to customers who have paid for your service is "normal," you are going to end up losing a lot of money in your life.

They went on hiatus because they couldn't handle their business and they reopened without fixing a single one of their issues.

This isn't some brand new company going through growing pains. It's a lazy company that's found it can still turn a buck without having to invest in customer service or proper business structure.

Originally Posted by oOliveColored /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you think being unable to send out a product to customers who have paid for your service is "normal," you are going to end up losing a lot of money in your life.

They went on hiatus because they couldn't handle their business and they reopened without fixing a single one of their issues.

This isn't some brand new company going through growing pains. It's a lazy company that's found it can still turn a buck without having to invest in customer service or proper business structure.
Lets see you try to run a company with everyone complaining at you over normal in the begining mistakes even if they are getting back up it still takes trial and error. Everyone makes mistakes. Running a company like this isnt easy. And guess what they arnt unable too everyone will get one that paid for it! granted its super late but everyone will get one! everyone needs to take a chill pill and stop whining and complaining and acting like the mean girls in my 13 year old sisters class. Wait correction those girls are more mature and nicer
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Ladyrawrness /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lets see you try to run a company with everyone complaining at you over normal in the begining mistakes even if they are getting back up it still takes trial and error. Everyone makes mistakes. Running a company like this isnt easy. And guess what they arnt unable too everyone will get one that paid for it! granted its super late but everyone will get one! everyone needs to take a chill pill and stop whining and complaining and acting like the mean girls in my 13 year old sisters class. Wait correction those girls are more mature and nicer
tongue.gif
This has absolutely nothing to do with being mature or nice, it's customer service, if you ask a company to cancel your account, you are trusting the company to do so, just that tiny fact is a major customer service no-no. In my case they canceled my account without my permission which is just wrong, I would've canceled anyways, but you don't just got ahead and cancel a customer's account! Yes this is their second month back, and they're supposed to be back cuz they fixed their issues, yet they still have them, I totally agree with oOliveColored, they had their chance, they blew it. Also, last time I checked no one here is being rude to any other person, just stating their opinion about a company, there's no need to take somebody else's opinions towards a company personal.

...that escalated quickly..but anyway. I really like The Look Bag, I've only had two months, but I haven't really had any problems, as long as I get the stuff I ordered, I'm fine. and I like the products ALOT more than my Sample Society box, and SS is $15/month, I just signed up for Ipsy, so I'm probably dropping SS. back to the subject. I REALLY like the Korres lipgloss/liquid lipstick they sent out, they sent out a red lip BEFORE anyone had to ask about it. I got the too faced glitter liner, and I expected to hate it, but its not bad. its not something I would normally wear and now I like it(which, isn't that kind of the point of the subs. to try new stuff?) I don't like the Lola sample they sent, but it smells powdery and heavy to me and I like light fruits and light florals, but Lola doesn't smell bad to those who would like it..the Pop beauty eyeshadow is a different story though. I hate that stuff. the colors are very light, not buildable, and even with a primer, they disappear throughout the day...but I digress...they had some shipping problems, yes, but whatever, when you freak out and berate them for every little thing, its pulling their attention AWAY from you getting your bags to them having to deal with crappy PR. just calm down. they didn't guarantee that you'd get NEW products. so if you don't like what you get, unsubscribe. not trying to start anything. just giving new perspective.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if you ask a company to cancel your account, you are trusting the company to do so, just that tiny fact is a major customer service no-no. In my case they canceled my account without my permission which is just wrong, I would've canceled anyways, but you don't just got ahead and cancel a customer's account!
yeah, thats kinda douchey. and that sucks.

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so if you don't like what you get, unsubscribe.
I think that's some people's point here. They ARE trying to cancel and have been for months, but the company's lack of customer service is making that process extremely difficult and as someone put it earlier many of the cancellations are not "sticking" in their system. Which then results in people who thought they canceled to be charged again the following month for something they do not want and did not authorize.

Personally, you all know how I feel however I despite my own reservations and my own concerns those who remain subscribed do so for their own reasons and we all have to respect each other's decisions to stay or quit. That's what makes MUT great because we can TALK about it without being mean to each other.

Originally Posted by pandangela /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so if you don't like what you get, unsubscribe.
I think that's some people's point here. They ARE trying to cancel and have been for months, but the company's lack of customer service is making that process extremely difficult and as someone put it earlier many of the cancellations are not "sticking" in their system. Which then results in people who thought they canceled to be charged again the following month for something they do not want and did not authorize.

Yep, this is my issue here. I had cancelled after October (when I signed back up as a one-off just to see if they'd improved, etc)...and I thought "well, that was that" until I got charged for November. 

I did eventually get refunded, so I am not mad anymore, BUT that is a big deal to me...because sometimes during the month, that $13 seems like a lot of money to have taken out unexpectedly.

The products themselves were not bad for November, but they do need to work on how they run and operate if they want to stick around. 

I think that they will run more smoothly in December. The products in the bags are great full sized products they just need to get the bussiness end figured out. Once they do that they will be unstoppable.

Also in regards to my earlier comment my friend was on my lap top and decided to post for me so that was not me it was my friend. Im not a Mean or rude person.

Latest posts

Back