Urban Decay Holiday 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only complaint? Why is there 2 blushes and 1 highlighter?! Why couldn't they make it 1 bronzer, 1 blush, and 1 highlighter?! >.< & quit putting Zero in every single palette. They could've easily made an exclusive deep purple eyeliner and threw it in this kit to make people more excited. I'm working on the review at the moment for my blog and I will be posting it around 12AM :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I can see where you're coming from but I'm actually really happy that they didn't include a bronzer because all bronzers that come in palettes end up being way too dark for me. A bronzer would've been a total waste of money but I can definitely get use out of two blushes. Now Zero, on the other hand, is a pretty boring choice, I agree. Of course I can see why they included it (black is a safe and universal shade) but a more colorful shade would've been nice. P.S. Thank you for the pics!

I can see where you're coming from but I'm actually really happy that they didn't include a bronzer because all bronzers that come in palettes end up being way too dark for me. A bronzer would've been a total waste of money but I can definitely get use out of two blushes. Now Zero, on the other hand, is a pretty boring choice, I agree. Of course I can see why they included it (black is a safe and universal shade) but a more colorful shade would've been nice. P.S. Thank you for the pics!
So true! Just a personal preference on the blush and bronzer stuff. The blushes are REALLY REALLY REALLY nice though and I thought that UD did an awesome job with choice of colors. Zero on the other hand is universal but I'm pretty sure that everyone owns one by now. I have 3 minis and a full size but I'll be doing a giveaway soon and guess where the mini zeros will be going :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's ALWAYS zero & perversion and i always buy their stuff so it gets a bit too much when you have 3-4 pencils in that particular shade.. Haha and not a problem! Just waiting to post Anarchy's swatches :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I look at the black liners in UD kits this way: Dude, you're *Urban Decay*. Everyone makes black liners. Not everyone makes shimmery navy/deep violet/blackened emerald liners. Go with something unique. One of the best things about the Alice in Wonderland palette was the fact that there was a *turquoise* pencil.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I look at the black liners in UD kits this way: Dude, you're *Urban Decay*. Everyone makes black liners. Not everyone makes shimmery navy/deep violet/blackened emerald liners. Go with something unique. One of the best things about the Alice in Wonderland palette was the fact that there was a *turquoise* pencil.

EXACTLY!!!

After all they are....

URBAN DECAY

beauty with an edge

Quote: Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EXACTLY!!!

After all they are....

URBAN DECAY

beauty with an edge

I agree 100%. I'm SOOOOO sick of Zero (and demolition). I have like 3-4 of them. UD needs to ban the inclusion of Zero in any of their sets from this point on. If they want people to buy sets like Ocho Loco, they should include similar colors in their other sets to give people a taste of those bold colors. I was scared of wearing bold colors until I got a blue eyeliner in a set that I brought and loved it.

I hope they start selling Vintage Heavy Metal liners soon.   And I want them to make gel eyeliners in FUN colors and ones with glitter.   And I want a Moondust palette. And a fun matte palette - Vice Matte.   Too bad I don't work for Urban Decay.

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EXACTLY!!!

After all they are....

URBAN DECAY

beauty with an edge

I agree 100%. I'm SOOOOO sick of Zero (and demolition). I have like 3-4 of them. UD needs to ban the inclusion of Zero in any of their sets from this point on. If they want people to buy sets like Ocho Loco, they should include similar colors in their other sets to give people a taste of those bold colors. I was scared of wearing bold colors until I got a blue eyeliner in a set that I brought and loved it.

I hope they start selling Vintage Heavy Metal liners soon.   And I want them to make gel eyeliners in FUN colors and ones with glitter.   And I want a Moondust palette. And a fun matte palette - Vice Matte.   Too bad I don't work for Urban Decay.
Those are great ideas! I would love a moondust palette too.

I agree 100%. I'm SOOOOO sick of Zero (and demolition). I have like 3-4 of them. UD needs to ban the inclusion of Zero in any of their sets from this point on. If they want people to buy sets like Ocho Loco, they should include similar colors in their other sets to give people a taste of those bold colors. I was scared of wearing bold colors until I got a blue eyeliner in a set that I brought and loved it.   I hope they start selling Vintage Heavy Metal liners soon.   And I want them to make gel eyeliners in FUN colors and ones with glitter.   And I want a Moondust palette. And a fun matte palette - Vice Matte.   Too bad I don't work for Urban Decay.
I'm also waiting for them to update their sale section!! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> oooh moondust! I have 2 and I love them a loooot! Urban Decay liners are really pretty and I love using them since they have a variety of shades and finishes.. Really easy go work with and it can be used as an eyeshadow base, liner, etc! =) never regretted buying the eyeliner vault from them.. Speaking of Ocho loco 2; i want it =(

Quote: Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  idk, lately I find that when I get items from MD, I get shipping within a few hours if I order in the morning or by the next day, but once it's from Utah, it takes about 3-4 days for me to get tracking. I guess it depends? lol. The face case looks nice though, thanks for the swatches!

I noticed this last week, I made 2 orders on the same day and got tracking for one order from MD the next day, and didn't get tracking from UT until 3 days after I made the order. The funny part is that both orders actually ended up arriving on the same day lol.

In other news, my Vice 2 palette should be here tomorrow, I'm super excited!! I'm in class until 7PM so I'm glad to have something to look forward to when I finally get home 
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I noticed this last week, I made 2 orders on the same day and got tracking for one order from MD the next day, and didn't get tracking from UT until 3 days after I made the order. The funny part is that both orders actually ended up arriving on the same day lol.

In other news, my Vice 2 palette should be here tomorrow, I'm super excited!! I'm in class until 7PM so I'm glad to have something to look forward to when I finally get home 
biggrin.gif

Lia <3 I usually leave class because I'm that excited :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hahah anything Urban Decay and I'm straight home before my UPS man comes  ;D

They usually have 1 in the beginning of the year and 1 towards the end (around oct/nov)
Ooooo! Can't wait for that 20% off. I need all the help I can get with all of these tempting holiday sets and I want to buy every.single.one! Btw lovely face case swatches!

Lia <3 I usually leave class because I'm that excited :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> hahah anything Urban Decay and I'm straight home before my UPS man comes  ;D

lol! I totally would skip the entire day if those 2 classes didn't take attendance. There's a small chance it might get here before I leave for uni though, so there's that haha. Fingers crossed!

lol! I totally would skip the entire day if those 2 classes didn't take attendance. There's a small chance it might get here before I leave for uni though, so there's that haha. Fingers crossed!
..well ups for sephora and usps for urbandecay.com ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha yay hopefully you'll get it before!!
Ooooo! Can't wait for that 20% off. I need all the help I can get with all of these tempting holiday sets and I want to buy every.single.one! Btw lovely face case swatches!
Thank you Shelby! you have a looot of self control for waiting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha

..well ups for sephora and usps for urbandecay.com
wink.gif
haha yay hopefully you'll get it before!!

I'm going to be glued to the window waiting lol! I just don't understand how my packages almost always arrive on days where I have an evening class - it's only 2 days a week!

Quote: Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, I'm impatiently waiting for F&F, too.  I pretty much want everything limited edition...Vice 2, Ocho Loco 2, Black Market, and the Face Case.  If you ordered all of those during F&F, you would save $39.60 (assuming 20%).

I am however tempted to hold off on Black Market & the Face Case. The last 2 years Sephora had really nice "IT Kits" around the holiday...in may be more strategic to wait for that and get two Kits in two orders.  Plus, Sephora has points and eBates...

Ugh. Choices!

Quote: Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, I'm impatiently waiting for F&F, too.  I pretty much want everything limited edition...Vice 2, Ocho Loco 2, Black Market, and the Face Case.  If you ordered all of those during F&F, you would save $39.60 (assuming 20%).

I am however tempted to hold off on Black Market & the Face Case. The last 2 years Sephora had really nice "IT Kits" around the holiday...in may be more strategic to wait for that and get two Kits in two orders.  Plus, Sephora has points and eBates...

Ugh. Choices!

Same here. I'm torn on whether I want the 20% off or Sephora points and cash back. Or I could buy the stuff from Ulta and hit platinum. Ummm...first world problems lol

i gave in and ordered Vice 2 from Sephora on Saturday. i got my shipping notice today and i have 2 day "Flash shipping" so it should be here Tuesday. 

still debating on Ocho Loco and Black Market sets. i have the pencil vault so i have plenty but i really just want them all!

i gave in and ordered Vice 2 from Sephora on Saturday. i got my shipping notice today and i have 2 day "Flash shipping" so it should be here Tuesday.  still debating on Ocho Loco and Black Market sets. i have the pencil vault so i have plenty but i really just want them all!
Yay vault! Haha i'm deciding too >.< help mee

I just saw on Ulta's fb page that they should have Vice 2 online tomorrow and in-stores on Thursday. I'm waiting to hear back if Shattered will also be available on these dates. I feel like I've been waiting forever for Ulta to get them! I'm so excited!! 
yey.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  YAY my Vice 2 palette is here! It's so beautiful 
wub.gif

yay! Lia, what happened to your blog?

Back