Wantable Winter Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love me some Wantable! They really do have great customer service and I love everything I got in my makeup box! The jewelry looks awesome too! I don't wear much jewelry because my toddler tries to rip everything off me and claim it as her own, otherwise I would have ordered already!

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lmao! love the reference...I was watching The Soup the other day...and they were talking about how Sir Ian McKellen has prostate cancer, and he keeps it in check by saying: you shall not pass!!!!!!

OMG, this made my morning.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha, I'm glad :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It made my night when I heard it XD
I still have no clue how I did that one.

On a side note, I wore my Paula Dorf cream blush today and I love it.

wanting to share my boxes since there's so little info on these out there...

my boyfriend gifted me a box and ended up fitting into the (extended) buy one gift two promo which was a great way to see what wantable had to offer. we initially had to email about the gift promos since we couldn't figure out how that worked and apparently it was a link that may have only been accessible immediately after purchase so that had to be fixed, but my boyfriend said it was pretty prompt.

got my gift email on 12/12 and immediately went to fill out the survey. it was pretty extensive in the questions on what kind of products you dont like or do (ex: eyeliner - pencil, gel, liquid etc) but I was surprised it didn't ask me anything about my actual skin. since i'm light but sallow (slightly lighter than nw20 or btw mufe 118/125) there are a lot of colors that are gorgeous but not gorgeous on me. was excited anyway and got my shipment notification 12/14 and it arrives the 21

Item Description

Qty

Status

Gigabite Lipstick Suga Mama

Shipped

Cheek Color Cream Doll Face

Shipped

Metallic Nail Polish Antiquated

Shipped

Mineral Shadow Duo Vino

Shipped

Back to Boho Polish Earthy Angel

Shipped

Doux Amour Sample

Shipped

Sole Nero Sample

Shipped

Kai Perfume Oil Sample

Shipped

The box was a lot smaller than I expected so when the mailman came I actually missed the box sitting on my porch =P the information slip had my facebook photo from summer when I was spray tanned and looking darker than I am but it mentioned a tip for sallow skin so i was impressed to their attention to detail. I think they use your facebook photo to figure out your makeup and had I known I would have changed it since it probably wasn't the best representation... anyway box:

the texture i need to get used to but its lighter than it looks, blends in very pretty

just didnt work for me, my eyes are deep set so it only emphasized the shadows in a 'black-eye' kind of way. great texture. the darker is slightly redder than in pictures, almost wine-ish

this one i think was an accident since i said no lipgloss and the email said two nail polishes but the color is pretty and very your lips but better, but i cant get over my hair always getting stuck to lipgloss lol so will gift since i made sure to not directly use wand

i always get mistaken as darker than i am (even for foundation at the counter...) and i think the same thing happened here, the color is much browner and deeper than i could get on camera but if i lightly tap it and smudge i can make it into a slight tint. great texture, very creamy. the brown-ish tint on its own just doesnt work on me i think

i absolutely love the color under all that metallic shimmer. the brush unglued from the wand already lol but the brush doesnt leave streaks and the formula feels thick. however i wish it was slightly less overrun with that glitter bc the pretty cool pink gets hidden when dry under all the shimmer
my sister also got a box that she seemed pleased with. i was hoping to trade her if she got the highlighter but alas none came but she did get everything i had hoped to get so goes to show its luck of the draw lol. great quality stuff but i do think some tweaking could be done to figure out color choices better

cocktail ring with stretchy fit 
jeweled brooch
necklace with two charms, hummingbird and flower
thick, multichain bracelet
long pearl necklace 
velvet ribbon (for brooch to wear as headband?)

all came with a velvet pouch, assuming for the pearl necklace

thought i'd also share a jewelry box review since those are more scarce online than the makeup box. overall pretty happy, it's definitely more fantasy jewelry (than dainty) with some fun pieces. i definitely think they're on the right track considering this is their first box. i would prefer they move towards more easily wearable pieces in the future as this one was right on the line of kitschy for me but i'm sure it's also a matter of personality

- i absolutely love the brooch! i've worn it in my hair and i'm sure on the right outfit it would absolutely add some spunk. it's definitely the most classic piece in the set for me.

- the pearl necklace is heavy and extremely long. it seems like a great quality piece but i think the lack of wearability comes in the length. it adds to much bulk for most outfits i've considered and i just end up wearing something else (it can wrap around so that you have 3 lengths which can be overwhelming). i'll probably end up cutting it into a smaller necklace and maybe a bracelet.

- the ribbon...i dont live velvet and its hard to make velvet look classy if its not high quality so even as a headband it doesnt look good

- the bracelet is cute, a little more orange in the gold spectrum so its definitely more casual

- the bling ring is shiny and glimmery, the elastic doesnt work for me but i understand why they went for it, although it means the ring is slightly loose

- the necklace with the two charms is another slightly too orange piece that would look much classier in a proper gold/matted color. the charms are cute and the length is just right.
my only complaint didnt even hit me till after I'd ordered the box - i get reactions towards certain metals so i'd love it if we could get a faq section with possible problems (i think nickel is the big one), i also didnt see any branding on the jewelry which made it hard to look it up myself. on my skin i've only worn one piece and no reaction so i'll probably try the others to check

hope this is useful for somebody!

Thanks for the jewelery box info, the jewelery you got look beautiful and the info is very useful to me as I have been going back and forth in ordering one of the jewelery boxes; the January box they advertised seems much more contemporary and trendy, if you are receiving January as well would love a review of that box too:)

Originally Posted by stylishmomofnw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the jewelery box info, the jewelery you got look beautiful and the info is very useful to me as I have been going back and forth in ordering one of the jewelery boxes; the January box they advertised seems much more contemporary and trendy, if you are receiving January as well would love a review of that box too:)
It's horrible to read over all my run ons and typos but I'm glad it came to use! I hadn't even realized they had a new jewelry box yet since I thought they were quarterly...interesting!

The small image on the website makes me think one of the items is a black version of the pearl necklace I got. I wish there was more to go off ... hope someone shares if they get it

I don't know if there is a new topic for this or not, but i got my January WantableCo Jewelery box, and while it was awesome (with the exception of one item breaking the second i put it on) the section that noted that 5 items would be included has now gone down to 3-4 items. But the price has staid the same. Did any one else notice that. I wouldn't mind paying $36 for 4 items, but not 3. It was a deal at 5.

I saw that too and though I have been interested to try them this totally factored in for me waiting a bit more for a potential future promo code. 5 pieces sounded reasonable for a mystery box that's almost $40 but only three items made me nervous lol

Originally Posted by stylishmomofnw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw that too and though I have been interested to try them this totally factored in for me waiting a bit more for a potential future promo code. 5 pieces sounded reasonable for a mystery box that's almost $40 but only three items made me nervous lol
I subscribed last month, and rationalized it as each piece is just over 6 dollars, which is reasonable, but when i saw only 4 pieces in my box this month i was a little confused. I then went on the site and saw. Its now down to 3-4 making each piece 12$. My box says each piece was worth 24$ but i completely doubt that. I love the items just i could never imagine anyone paying more than $10 per item.

Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I subscribed last month, and rationalized it as each piece is just over 6 dollars, which is reasonable, but when i saw only 4 pieces in my box this month i was a little confused. I then went on the site and saw. Its now down to 3-4 making each piece 12$. My box says each piece was worth 24$ but i completely doubt that. I love the items just i could never imagine anyone paying more than $10 per item.
I agree, at 3-4 pieces it doesn't seem like a value. If they're going to do that I would prefer a cheaper monthly box with one really cool piece (jewelmint done right?), the stuff they have now wouldn't be good enough for that though.

I agree, at 3-4 pieces it doesn't seem like a value. If they're going to do that I would prefer a cheaper monthly box with one really cool piece (jewelmint done right?), the stuff they have now wouldn't be good enough for that though.
I emailed them they said its reduced to offer higher quality. Though in my opinion it was the same quality just less items. As for jewel mint I couldn't justify 30 on just one peice but I do see where your coming from with that. I'd rather have them keep the quality it's at and offer 5 peices and have them worth a little less then 3 pieces that have a higher price tag attached to them but no better than the others.

I emailed them they said its reduced to offer higher quality. Though in my opinion it was the same quality just less items. As for jewel mint I couldn't justify 30 on just one peice but I do see where your coming from with that. I'd rather have them keep the quality it's at and offer 5 peices and have them worth a little less then 3 pieces that have a higher price tag attached to them but no better than the others.
I wonder..their huge boxes work as quarterly for me because I don't see myself needing a monthly sub for so much stuff which is why I thought a more jewelmint-y box works better if they are doing monthly - but they would have to reduce their price by a lot and have something really good. (10-15?)  At monthly $40 seems high for multiple pieces that aren't blowing me away and are just accumulating. I could be wrong...maybe there are a lot of people who would love that.

Can I ask what you got? 

I wonder..their huge boxes work as quarterly for me because I don't see myself needing a monthly sub for so much stuff which is why I thought a more jewelmint-y box works better if they are doing monthly - but they would have to reduce their price by a lot and have something really good. (10-15?)  At monthly $40 seems high for multiple pieces that aren't blowing me away and are just accumulating. I could be wrong...maybe there are a lot of people who would love that. Can I ask what you got? 
For me personally it wouldn't accumulate because I wear a lot of jewelry. But with the subscription u can pause and skip months so if you wanted it quarterly you can pick and choose which months you want. As for being 10-15 for one piece it would be a good deal but I probably wouldn't subscribe since I loved how January included pretty much a whole look of jewelry. I had gotten pearls, a velvet ribbon, a gold key necklace, a vintage looking ring, a gold multi chained bracelets, and a broach. This month I only got two rings a necklace and a bracelet. I did love everything I go but I loved the first box more. This is my January box http://statigr.am/p/369642517475853932_52555480 I couldn't post the actual pic in here so I just used to one from my ig.

For me personally it wouldn't accumulate because I wear a lot of jewelry. But with the subscription u can pause and skip months so if you wanted it quarterly you can pick and choose which months you want. As for being 10-15 for one piece it would be a good deal but I probably wouldn't subscribe since I loved how January included pretty much a whole look of jewelry. I had gotten pearls, a velvet ribbon, a gold key necklace, a vintage looking ring, a gold multi chained bracelets, and a broach. This month I only got two rings a necklace and a bracelet. I did love everything I go but I loved the first box more.

This is my January box http://statigr.am/p/369642517475853932_52555480

I couldn't post the actual pic in here so I just used to one from my ig.
Ooh that necklace is fab!

I really like your box too, much trendier items and they would coordinate or hold their own; I think they are worth giving a try:)

Back