What hit the trash can today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally retired my Maybelline XXL mascara; it was a favourite for casual use.  I was holding off on a replacement since I couldn't find a any more around here, but I found a couple alternatives last week.  I'm always hesitant to switch anything once I get into a routine hah

Quote: Originally Posted by CaseyR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Finally retired my Maybelline XXL mascara; it was a favourite for casual use.  I was holding off on a replacement since I couldn't find a any more around here, but I found a couple alternatives last week.  I'm always hesitant to switch anything once I get into a routine hah
LOL. I like "retired." It's kind of like putting your makeup out to pasture 

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  LOL. I like "retired." It's kind of like putting your makeup out to pasture 
lol yep!  I also have some stuff in "semi-retirement'.. It's a bad habit of mine.  I tend to keep stuff much longer than I should sometimes.  I always remember the time a few years ago when a of friend mine (that also works as a makeup artist) came over and checked out my collection; she literally wanted to pitch half of it into the trash lol 

Finally tossed my Borghese concealer from 5-6 years ago. I've used it every day and it has finally started to change texture a bit (harder to blend) and I was over 90% done with it anyway. So good to get rid of it! I'm counting it as a "used-up" instead of tossed, but the tossing is such a milestone that I had to post it here!

Went through my stash today.  Why was I keeping a glitter pot from Julep for over a year?  Threw that sucker out.

This is a great thread, cause it's really making us look at stuff we don't, use and will probably best use and throw it out

Tossed yet another elf brush today after it broke. This is the 7th one I've had break on me from elf. I'm done buying cheap brushes and will stick to better quality ones from now on. They're worth the investment instead of throwing away money on cheaper ones that wear out too quickly.

I dumped a few (years old) eyeliners, lip products, and some nail polishes which were clearly past their prime. I'm also gifting two palettes I used only a few times to a friend who is just now getting into makeup. I have so much more room in my makeup bags now!

Today I threw out two nearly empty drugstore mascaras I have been using since Dec 2012 and a mostly used up Benefit Boiing concealer from way too long ago to be considered sanitary. This destashing is getting easier the more I do it!!

Quote: Originally Posted by beautygroove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Today, I tossed an old face brush and 4 year old bath and body works lotion :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I need to toss out my old, crappy brushes so I can get new/better brushes!

Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I need to toss out my old, crappy brushes so I can get new/better brushes!

I just bought a few on ebay. They are amazing for the price and almost has the quality of Sigma brushes. Very dense. Which is why I'm starting to throw some old useless brushes away.

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I actually cleaned all my makeup this weekend with 91% isopropyl alcohol. I weeded out a few pieces that I wasn't using/didn't like and I took those to a thrift store that I notice always has used makeup for sale. I figured, if someone wants to buy it- have at it. I hate trashing stuff if it doesn't have to be trashed.

There was one thing I did, however, throw in the trash. That was something I didn't think anyone would want to use. Remember those Clinique retractable brushes that come loaded with blush in the cap? Well, I had depotted the blush out of the cap and the brush was just flimsy and awful and dirty and it's really hard to clean retractable brushes, so I tossed it. And I don't feel bad about it. It was just awful.

Used makeup?! No offense to anyone, but YUCK!

I guess I'm a huge germ freak lol

Used makeup?! No offense to anyone, but YUCK! I guess I'm a huge germ freak lol
I would buy nail polish, no different than at a nail salon. I don't think germs could live in that chemical concoction.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jonimeow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would buy nail polish, no different than at a nail salon. I don't think germs could live in that chemical concoction.
I'm one of those weirdos that brings her own polish too! lol

However, you are probably right.....I'm not sure fungi could live in that.

Quote: Originally Posted by lanabuch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm one of those weirdos that brings her own polish too! lol

However, you are probably right.....I'm not sure fungi could live in that.
I ALWAYS bring my own polish, because I have such a ridiculous stash of colors and I want them to get used xD

I feel like I should toss my Body Shop glitter body butter because I don't like the glittery greasy look, but I keep thinking I can finish it, even though I've had it for at least 2 years and only use it if I have no other lotion.

I tossed some Urban Decay shadows that I depotted from some palettes that were just too glittery and glittered bombed over everything. I just had no use for them, and I tossed an old Too Faced Shadow Insurance that I think was irritating my skin. I had used most of the primer up, so I guess it had just gotten old or something. 

Back