What hit the trash can today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tossed a bunch of old (13+ months in my drawer) and unloved products today:

Tarte lipsurgence in Escape -  old and the color was hideous on me

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer - old

UD 24/7 liquid liner in Perversion - old, gloopy

Physician's Formula brown liquid liner - old

Sephora pencil liner in Glitter Black - old and the glitter would end up in my eyes

L'Oreal lip gloss in Lilac Ever After - old, didn't like the formula

UD pencil liner in Zero - almost gone, old

Maybelline Eyestudio gel liner - old, opened a new one

Buxom Insider eyeliner in Black Jasper - old, not one of my favorite eyeliner formulas

Maybelline Define a Brow - old, I brought this to replace Anastasia's Brow Whiz but this doesn't compare

Maybelline Color Whisper in Mocha Muse - old, hated it

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I tossed a bunch of old (13+ months in my drawer) and unloved products today:

Tarte lipsurgence in Escape -  old and the color was hideous on me

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer - old

UD 24/7 liquid liner in Perversion - old, gloopy

Physician's Formula brown liquid liner - old

Sephora pencil liner in Glitter Black - old and the glitter would end up in my eyes

L'Oreal lip gloss in Lilac Ever After - old, didn't like the formula

UD pencil liner in Zero - almost gone, old

Maybelline Eyestudio gel liner - old, opened a new one

Buxom Insider eyeliner in Black Jasper - old, not one of my favorite eyeliner formulas

Maybelline Define a Brow - old, I brought this to replace Anastasia's Brow Whiz but this doesn't compare

Maybelline Color Whisper in Mocha Muse - old, hated it

That is an awesome de-stash!  It feels sooo good to toss out old items.  To me, it doesn't even feel like I'm "throwing money away" when I know I'm throwing out old things I can't or wont use anymore--  or buy again. 

I recently threw out a bunch of half empty Bath and Body works and Victoria's Secret lotions. They just seemed to dry my skin out more and really irritate it, so I decided to get rid of them. I also got rid of a couple old Avon Glimmersticks, a Clinique mascara sample that I've had probably since my freshman year of high school, and some ELF liquid liners that were drying up.

I tossed out a Milani lip gloss in the color Flash a couple of ELF lip glosses, and a couple of Nyx jumbo lip pencils that were old as dirt and when I tried to swatch them, they were very dry and streaky. I like tossing things out. Its refreshing to me to get rid of stuff I dont need.

Quote: Originally Posted by kaitlin1209 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is an awesome de-stash!  It feels sooo good to toss out old items.  To me, it doesn't even feel like I'm "throwing money away" when I know I'm throwing out old things I can't or wont use anymore--  or buy again. 
It does feel good. The only item that I tossed that I loved was the Maybelline gel liner but I replaced it with a new one.

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I recently threw out a bunch of half empty Bath and Body works and Victoria's Secret lotions. They just seemed to dry my skin out more and really irritate it, so I decided to get rid of them. I also got rid of a couple old Avon Glimmersticks, a Clinique mascara sample that I've had probably since my freshman year of high school, and some ELF liquid liners that were drying up.
I have a bunch of VS and B&BW lotions that I can't use (especially in the winter) because they don't keep my skin moisturized. That's the next thing that I want to get rid of.

i can't seem to be able to throw away stuff that's not completely used up!

edit: although actually i've only been into makeup for about a year, so i don't really have 'old' stuff ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Tarte cheek stain sample--I was trying to use it up before it got too old, and I loved how it looked and how long it lasted. It was already a little over a year old. I think that it was too old and was starting to make my cheeks break out, so I tossed it. 

Tarte Amazonian clay BB Illuminating Moisturizer--It was too dark for me and didn't conceal, so I tossed it. 

Bareminerals concealer-- I had hit pan and had very little left of it. I wasn't thrilled with it, so I tossed it to use other concealers that I actually had and liked. 

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i can't seem to be able to throw away stuff that's not completely used up!

edit: although actually i've only been into makeup for about a year, so i don't really have 'old' stuff ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I haven't been into makeup that long (maybe 15 months) but if I've had a product for over 6 months it's old to me. That doesn't mean that it's gone bad or anything, I just just bored easily.

Sample size (from Birchbox) of Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in Nude.  I like the texture and finish, but the color is too dark for me and the undertones are way too yellow/olive for my skin (pinky/peach undertones).

I feel slightly guilty for not finishing the whole sample, but I have *several* other foundation samples to try, as well as about 1.5 full size tubes of BB Cream that I really need to get crackin' on.  Oh, and a full-size bottle of foundation from BzzAgent coming.  I do NOT have time to keep trying something that is obviously not working.

(and if it sounds like I'm still trying to talk myself into it, that's because I am.  The little tube is still technically not in the trash, it's sitting right next to me, begging me not to abandon it)

I tossed my Maybelline Expert Wear eyeshadow trio in the garbage today. I was planning on using it all week but after using it for 2 days I decided I have much better shadows I'd rather use. I want a well edited stash of things I love so I don't see the point of keeping makeup I feel is "meh".

I love this thread, I don't feel so bad about getting rid of stuff even though I wish I knew someone who I could give it to.

I have been cleaning my stash and throwing away stuff that doesn't work for me. The past two weeks I have thrown away.

Revlon Color Stay eye shadow sets in Inspired, Enchanted, and Bombshell

Photoready Blush Palette in Pink Rose

Wet N Wild Fergie in Dutchess Lounge and Rose Parade

NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic

Cover Girl Jumbo Gloss Balm in 220, 205, and 260

Almay Liquid lip color in Apricot

Sexy Mother Pucker lipgloss

Some random lip gloss with no name, no color, no idea where it came from.

Quote: Originally Posted by chladnis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wish I knew someone who I could give it to.
I would gladly pay for shipping if you need a person to pass on your products. I have a 12 year old steppie who is just starting to go from "playing around" with makeup to actually learning how to apply cosmetics and blend colors, etc. 
smilehappyyes.gif
 We would be super grateful!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Sample size (from Birchbox) of Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in Nude.  I like the texture and finish, but the color is too dark for me and the undertones are way too yellow/olive for my skin (pinky/peach undertones).

I feel slightly guilty for not finishing the whole sample, but I have *several* other foundation samples to try, as well as about 1.5 full size tubes of BB Cream that I really need to get crackin' on.  Oh, and a full-size bottle of foundation from BzzAgent coming.  I do NOT have time to keep trying something that is obviously not working.

(and if it sounds like I'm still trying to talk myself into it, that's because I am.  The little tube is still technically not in the trash, it's sitting right next to me, begging me not to abandon it)

Actually threw it away!  Go me!  
icon_cheers.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel slightly guilty for not finishing the whole sample ...

and if it sounds like I'm still trying to talk myself into it, that's because I am.  

The little tube is still technically not in the trash, it's sitting right next to me, begging me not to abandon it
If you are looking for an alternate use for foundation, BB, tinted moisturizer,  type of m/u samples you can always use them on your decolletage and forearms. Most contain sunscreen and our bodies tend to be slightly darker than our faces. 

Tossed out some old, crappy brushes, more lip stuff that is either years old or I never use (or both!) or didn't show up on me  I also ditched a broken sharpener I had. I tossed out so much that I can fit most of my makeup into two reasonably-sized makeup bags! (I have stuff that I use occasionally but not frequently enough to justify keeping it in my ~frequent bags~ in a separate bag, but still.)

There's this lipstick I have that is like 4 years old, but I can't bear to toss it because A: I love it, and B: it's been discontinued and I have yet to find a dupe for it.

Not exactly in the trash, but I have so many shower gels, (gifted, from holiday sets that family got me with like perfume and/or lotion) and I'm a bar soap person, so I gave some shower gel to one of my friends that uses them!

Jack black mango and mandarin lip balm. Ugghhhhhh the smell gave me the WORST headache. And it wasn't even particularly moisturizing. Glad it's gone!

Quote: Originally Posted by hrhvittoria /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Tossed out some old, crappy brushes, more lip stuff that is either years old or I never use (or both!) or didn't show up on me  I also ditched a broken sharpener I had. I tossed out so much that I can fit most of my makeup into two reasonably-sized makeup bags! (I have stuff that I use occasionally but not frequently enough to justify keeping it in my ~frequent bags~ in a separate bag, but still.)

There's this lipstick I have that is like 4 years old, but I can't bear to toss it because A: I love it, and B: it's been discontinued and I have yet to find a dupe for it.
3 Custom Color cosmetics will make you a new lipstick in the same color if you provide them with a tiny sample (they also have a database of common colors, so you don't necessarily have to send in a sample). I've never tried it, but there was a time a few years ago when my HG concealer had been discontinued and I couldn't find a good color match replacement where I was sorely tempted.

http://www.threecustom.com/home.php?cat=253

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  3 Custom Color cosmetics will make you a new lipstick in the same color if you provide them with a tiny sample (they also have a database of common colors, so you don't necessarily have to send in a sample). I've never tried it, but there was a time a few years ago when my HG concealer had been discontinued and I couldn't find a good color match replacement where I was sorely tempted.

http://www.threecustom.com/home.php?cat=253
Thanks for the info! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back