What is the best lip moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vasaline or petrolum jelly. I've been using this product for years, and I'l keep using it. It does wonders for you lips, and I put on a thick layer on my lips, and wake up with lips as soft at butter. It's great and cheap, and does the trick...

I have heard that keeping a mint or hard candy in your mouth helps..coz it helps keep those mucous membranes moist and thus helping your lips from drying so fast.

I've heard so many great things about Rosebud Salve, but I've yet to try it. I do second the water factor. It's very important. I actually use Sudden Change Lip Base Coat. It only cost $3 or $4. Here's what drugstore.com says about it: (It's got a money back guarantee - usa only, spf 15, i wear it everyday and it really does work).

Younger Looking Lips Instantly with Vitamin E and SPF 15

Smoothes away age lines & dryness. . .

lasts all day with a tint of color.

Smooth away age lines as you moisturize your lips all day with Sudden Change Lip Base Coat. It contains a special formulation of skin rejuvenating ingredients with vitamin E to soften and protect dry, thirsty lips so they look younger instantly. It gives your lips all-day conditioning and prevents your lipstick from bleeding and feathering.

Sudden Change Lip Base Coat goes on clear and works with your own body chemistry to create a tint that's perfect for a healthy, natural look. Worn under lipstick, this base coat locks in color for hours.

Sudden Change Lip Base Coat has SPF 15 to help prevent premature aging due to sun damage.

You owe it to yourself to try Sudden Change Lip Base Coat. Your lips deserve it.

Money Back Guarantee We are so convinced you will be thrilled with the results of Sudden Change, it is completely guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with the results, return the unused portion, with copy of your purchase receipt and UPC code. Within 6 to 8 weeks, we will refund your full purchase price. Mail To: Sudden Change, Money Back Guarantee, PO Box 7486, E. Rutherford, NJ 07073. Offer only good in the USA.

Directions:

Use under lipstick as a base coat or wear alone.

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5% (Sunscreen), Oxybenzone 5% (Sunscreen), Zinc Oxide 2% (Sunscreen)

Inactive Ingredients: Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Lanolin, Lanolin Oil, Cetyl Acetate, Acetylated Lanolin Oil, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Cetyl Alcohol, Microcrystalline Wax, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Ethyl Hexanoate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Hydrolyzed Collagen, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Propylparaben

My loved lip balm is "Whip Stick" from Lush, it smell chocolate and orange. It nourishes really well :icon_love

I am a big lover of lip balms and my faves are:

La Mer

Burt's bees

Mama Coco's

I use mine regulary as well as gently exfoliating my lips with a wet toothbrush (not the same one you brush your teeth with!) and I NEVER have chapped lips! :icon_chee

Oh I was going to recommend something for her, but I see she is gone. Anyways, if anyone else has this problem, I used to put Neutrogena hand creme on my lips. It made a huge difference when I took accutane. Also I used pure vaseline at night a lot. Sometimes I still put heavy duty body moisturizer on my lips if they are chapped, lip balms arent enough for me when my lips feel like they are going to peel, shrivel up and fall off.

I've used CareGloss & Shine from Labello for a few months now and I love it. My lips aren't extremely dry but they are a little dry everyday and I use this, it gives a nice gloss effect

my sister was using accutane and her lips got extremely dry. they were always cracked and bleeding. she got the doctor to prescribe her some lip ointment and her lips have gotten much softer and don't crack and peel like they did on accutane.

a few days ago, my lips were really dry and cracking. i had lost my lip balm (once again) and so i went to the store and got my favorite Burt's Bees. to say the least, my lips are no longer dry. they're soft and supple. :icon_smil

LOL @ Kim's article. I have a friend who is totally hooked on Carmex...yeah..ever since she stopped smoking..think there is a connection?

I actually *tried* to get hooked on Carmex (I'm such a weirdo) and, yes, it is a myth. I don't usually use anything but pure vitamin E mixed with almond oil or sometimes pure shea butter (has to be the pure stuff). I also like the Blistex line (the red and white tube) if I am going skiing or something.

Saints,

I actually use CareGloss and Shine from Labello too, but as a lip gloss, b/c the color is so awesome and Natural looking:icon_love.

It is a very underrated product!

During the day I reallly like Too Faced's Bunny Balm because it's thick and shiny, but it's definitely a nourishing lip balm and not a cosmetic. At night I use this or pat on some eye cream, followed by plain vaseline. Smiths Rosebud Salve is hydrating but sinks in too fast. I prefer it as a base for lipstick or lip liner.

Some of these myths are so bizarre! Wait...I've got one more...

MYTH: Carmex contains heroin to keep users hooked.

No, it contains cocaine. We use this instead because the cooking process of heroin became too difficult during the manufacturing process. Look for our display in your grocer's coffee aisle.

PSA - that's a joke. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah it's really nice and gives a natural glossy look. I have the pink one

What my friend recommended to me for both color and mositure was to use Chapstick Medicated (the mint kind), then cover with Burt's Bees tinted lip balm, then go over with the Chapstick again. It works quite well for her and I.

I also use Bonne Belle products. They are aimed at young girls, but they are glittery and taste good! : )

I agreee with Naturally, drinking plenty of water is the best treatment. I also, love Carmex, I've used it for years. Every now and then I'll try something new. Right now I'm trying Neutrogena Lip Boost, it's OK. It doesn't last as long. I'm so hooked on Carmex that I purchase it in lots of 12 on eBay. :icon_love

Girl I know exactly what you are talking about...I was on Accutane for 6 months.. and the best thing I found was Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. it is the consistency of Vaseline, but it is pink...they also have it in a lipstick tube...but I like the cream in the tube better, and I just throw the lipstick type tube in my purse.

Here...check out the site. http://www.dillards.com/endeca/EndecaStartServlet?Ntk=all&Nty=1&Ntt=eight+hour+cr eam

Good luck....this stuff is good I swear by it...and I took the Accutane when it first came out and I know it was about 20 years ago or better when I did take it. My lips were so dry, & they stayed so dry they would just split open and bleed.

I have pretty chapped lips if I don't use lip balm, and I like to stick to the classics - I pretty much only use chapstick and lipsmackers or bonne bell products. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Bonus is they're cheap!

Back