What is the best lip moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lips are always dry and chapped especially this time of year. I have ChapStick, Carmex, Co Bigelow tinted balk, rosebud salve, and Vaseline. I'm not picky. I haven't found that any one works better than the other.

Smith's Rosebud Salve! Hands down. It's fairly inexpensive and works wonders at keeping my lips soft, even on those brutal winter days when the wind has it in its head to take all the moisture out of my body!

I hate Carmex it peeled my horribly and I did like Burts Bees but because my ips were so peeled it clumped a lot. I did use Vaseline but mother told me Vaseline was not good for you either who knows anymore. But I ordered about 2 weeks ago the lip exfoliating treatment by that bee luscious company and so far its great I especially like the vibran C moisturizer and the liptox healed the worse parts fast.

i love c.o. bigelow too! it feels reallly nice and tastes AMAZING :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and it is the most soothing lip gloss i've ever tried.

I know this is a very common product but it works very well.. Chapstick medicated. I know someone who became literally addicted to it lol

I like Kiehl's #1. Lucas paw paw ointment is effective but a little too thick for my liking.

I use Blistex intensive moisturiser followed by Vaseline. It works great, although atm my lips seem to have become extra dry and chapped grrrrr must be the sudden cold weather.

I like Rosebaud Salve. You can purchase it at sephora for about $7. Although it sounds expensive the jar lasts a long time. I bought it like 4 months ago and still have tons left! They also sell them at urban outfitters and various other make up outlets.

Labello (the blue tube one) works fine if your lips are not overly dry. When my lips are really dry, I use some Essence Cosmetics glossy lipbalm (German drugstore brand). The lipbalm leaves a nice hint of color and shine and is absolutely amazing! I apply it once generously and the dryness is gone! Smells nice too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> My bf swears by Vichy Lipidose for lips. I've tried it and it's great, better than Labello... but also costs 4 times more than the Labello lol

REN has a great lip balm: Acacia Blossom Lip Honey. Also Akamuti's is great and they are made with natural organic ingredients. To me they work much better than Aquaphor.

Back