A Midsummer Night's Dream (Summer 2014 Secret Santa) Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@bellatrix42  My boss is going through the flip side of this:  They're selling their house!  And she had a neighbor ask about how they hung a basket on one particular railing, and she had a nice, hearty round of crying because that railing was where they hung (among other things) the banner of support when their son was sent into a warzone and a welcome-home banner when he came back, and it's where he hung up the banner when he proposed to his now-wife, and now they're not going to have that railing any more.  (I offered the services of my father, a retired timber cutter, because he *must* still have at least one chainsaw laying around.)

The sellers of the house that I am buying are an older couple and the original owners (~20 years) of the house. I'm guessing that they are going through a lot of what your boss is going through right now. I'm a nostalgic person myself, and I can imagine that it could get emotional. It would actually be slightly hilarious and awesome to successfully take the railing and keep it as a memento.

@ congrats!!

We made welcome home treats for hubby, can you tell z got to roll them in sugar?

20140723_185448-1.jpg

Yay for new house contracts and happy homecomings!

@ -- hope all goes quickly and smoothly. It's an adventure to buy a new house.

@@tweakabell -- can't begin to imagine all the happy in your house tonight!

Our offer was accepted! Now to get through the rest of the process. I'm so excited though!
That's great news! I am excited for when we finally get to go and pick out a house. Once all our work stuff is situated. I hope all goes smooth for you from here on.

Ugh trying to sleep in while Z does her morning homework is like participating in the world's most sadistic spelling bee.

"We see you're just settling back in bed, spell....... sick"

" Tweakabell, wake up, it's the bonus round!"

Latest posts

Back