A Midsummer Night's Dream (Summer 2014 Secret Santa) Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, the ads on the mobile version of the site keep showing tacos today. I want tacos! But I want a specific kind of taco, and I am not about to make those tonight. They're a Saturday food for me if I have to make them myself. I need to clear out my freezer and make a big batch of taco meat for days like this!

It looks like quite an eventful day yesterday! Yay!

It was the first day of school in our city yesterday. My daughter was so happy to have a 2nd year with her favorite teacher, my son turned 12 and had an amazing 1st day of 7th grade at a new to him charter school, he bought birthday ice-cream (I offered him any cake from anywhere in addition but he refused) and then over to comic con, its crazy out there. I managed to find street parking a block away somehow. Thank you no parking until 5 sign!

Anyone in the area its worth the drive over  even if you can't get in.  Or completely avoid the downtown craziness like I will try to do for the but I know I have to pick kids up Saturday. The outside has an obstacle course, a viking area, a hello kitty house, angry birds personalized shirt printing, hair and nail area... 

I even managed an hour and a half inside comic con. It was too busy inside for my tastes and that was preview night.

I already got a "Do I have to go to school?" from my exhausted daughter today. My son was too tired to even complain. Whoops!

So sad to see this winding down!  Although I haven't been posting too much lately, because I have been making major life decisions!  I decided to apply to grad school to get my masters in teaching/art education.  This probably will mean a big move for me (my alma mater is the only school in the Baltimore that has a program for this- but it is VERY expensive and I've been advised to go other places).  I will feel really heart broken to leave Baltimore (a lot of people hate my city, but I really love it and feel like I am betraying it a little by leaving) but it might mean that I'm moving closer to one of you! I'm applying to UGA, Temple, GMU, and VCU so any Philadelphia/Richmond/Fairfax/DC/Athens/Atlanta people hellloooo! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So sad to see this winding down!  Although I haven't been posting too much lately, because I have been making major life decisions!  I decided to apply to grad school to get my masters in teaching/art education.  This probably will mean a big move for me (my alma mater is the only school in the Baltimore that has a program for this- but it is VERY expensive and I've been advised to go other places).  I will feel really heart broken to leave Baltimore (a lot of people hate my city, but I really love it and feel like I am betraying it a little by leaving) but it might mean that I'm moving closer to one of you! I'm applying to UGA, Temple, GMU, and VCU so any Philadelphia/Richmond/Fairfax/DC/Athens/Atlanta people hellloooo! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!! i'm pretty sure my boyfriend's sister will be going this route too!

It's scary to make big changes but exciting at the same time.  Also, I live five minutes outside of Philly! Eep!

It looks like quite an eventful day yesterday! Yay!

It was the first day of school in our city yesterday. My daughter was so happy to have a 2nd year with her favorite teacher, my son turned 12 and had an amazing 1st day of 7th grade at a new to him charter school, he bought birthday ice-cream (I offered him any cake from anywhere in addition but he refused) and then over to comic con, its crazy out there. I managed to find street parking a block away somehow. Thank you no parking until 5 sign!

Anyone in the area its worth the drive over  even if you can't get in.  Or completely avoid the downtown craziness like I will try to do for the but I know I have to pick kids up Saturday. The outside has an obstacle course, a viking area, a hello kitty house, angry birds personalized shirt printing, hair and nail area... 

I even managed an hour and a half inside comic con. It was too busy inside for my tastes and that was preview night.

I already got a "Do I have to go to school?" from my exhausted daughter today. My son was too tired to even complain. Whoops!
Wow sounds like an exciting day! Hope your son had a great birthday.

Good luck!

Naughty doctors are telling me not so good news again!! They have been trying to get good views of my spine after my fall, but there was too much soft tissue damage--now they can see problems with my lower vertebrae (broken and pushed out of place)!! Such good news--thanks--and glad it only took you a month to figure it out!! Next time I am going to make them give me a morphine prescription and a bottle of tequila if they give me bad news...a little incentive to give good news! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. But for now there is my lovely deep bathtub and my bed to keep me happy--my bed now resembles the princess and the pea bed--13 inches of memory foam, 40 inches of an air mattress, topped with another three inches of memory foam--it is huge, but at least I can finally sleep without waking up constantly in tears from the pain.

Jumping from the ladder onto that bed must be a sight to see!

Glad you're getting to a diagnosis. Hope you make lots of progress quickly!

Naughty doctors are telling me not so good news again!! They have been trying to get good views of my spine after my fall, but there was too much soft tissue damage--now they can see problems with my lower vertebrae (broken and pushed out of place)!! Such good news--thanks--and glad it only took you a month to figure it out!! Next time I am going to make them give me a morphine prescription and a bottle of tequila if they give me bad news...a little incentive to give good news! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. But for now there is my lovely deep bathtub and my bed to keep me happy--my bed now resembles the princess and the pea bed--13 inches of memory foam, 40 inches of an air mattress, topped with another three inches of memory foam--it is huge, but at least I can finally sleep without waking up constantly in tears from the pain.
Sounds like a great excuse to wear a crown around the house! Hope things get better quickly for you!

@@puppymomofthree anything to make you feel better!  (Especially a tiara they always make me feel better!)  Definitely hoping you get some GOOD news soon, and we're always here to help entertain you!

Sigh. Yes, Weather Channel app, I am well aware that there is a VERY HIGH weed pollen count today. And now my very large kitty is off my lap, so I can go hit the Sudafed. (I still find it bizarre that you can go into Vancouver and buy pseudoephedrine -- the original Sudafed, now regulated due to its use in the production of meth -- *and marijuana* in stores now. Not the same stores, but, still, retail outlets. Plural. In Oregon, you need prescriptions for both. And we're more likely to get legalized recreational pot than non-prescription original Sudafed.)

Back in my younger days when I was naive and stupid. I worked in a save-a-lot grocery store. This was before all of the regulations on Sudafed. It was as off the shelf for 99 cents a box. We used to have the guys come in and buy the whole case at a time. I didn't really have a clue as to what they were doing with it then. I'm checking them out and I ask what did they do with all of it. With a completely straight face the guy says I work on a tug boat and we buy thus much because we go up and down the river for long stretches of time. Okay sounded reasonable to me. Lol.

It wasn't for some time that I found out what they were using it for.

Whoa! The July COTM from Geek Chic Cosmetics was Gun Kata, based on the film _Equilibrium_. It's been on my to-watch list for ages, but I'm just now getting around to watching it. *How* did I drag my feet on it until now? Hyper-stylized futuristic dystopias are totally my thing!

Latest posts

Back