Allure Beauty Box Fall Edition - launches July 24th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived a couple hours ago. Must say---VERY HAPPY! I've been slathering on the hair stuff because I'm all dried out from lemons. Love the Buxom lip gloss, the color is quite pretty on me, and feels cool. The little anti-aging kit comes with a terrycloth headband. They sent me the NYX blush in Water Lily, which I like more than the orchid color. The $15 off @ Zappos is off ANY PURCHASE. I used mine already--I ordered a $16.95 Kelty Binto tote in blue. I started to order some packing cubes, but liked this bag more. I am going to use to to smuggle food & drinks into hotels. I feel self-conscious going into 4 star hotels dragging a cooler, but I'm too cheap to buy room service. 
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by FormosaHoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you!!  They are a awesome deals, especially for me right now.  I'm coming out of neck surgery and had my life lieterally shelved away for the best part of two year, there were some complications.  The neuro-surgeon said 'take 2 weeks and get your life squared away before the surgery...' since all my cosmetics were already a couple of years old, I just tossed them all.  

But now I'm getting back into the job market and need to look pretty again  
wavey.gif
.  I'ts sooo funny, I feel like a time-travler, woke-up with a loin cloth and then a buddy from school (guy with his own skin care line, his products were in the TestTube program in the LA Fred Siegal ) told me about these beauty sub phenom and I'm building my beauty supplies bac-up without spending a small fortune.  I also have some vertigo (nerve scarring) and avoid turning... and I was so surprised to find out that shopping is all about turning...  turning right, turning left, turning right again (the looking down I absolutely can't do anymore) but with these boxes I can sit at the computer and peruse in complete comfort to my hearts content!

I'm so appreciative for these subs, both for their savings & convenience!
I'm glad you are doing better! Beauty rituals are so important, it is a shame more men aren't into pampering themselves, the world would be a better place, wouldn't it? I read somewhere, or saw in a movie (The Snake Pit?) that doctors could tell when patients were on the road to recovery or getting out of deep depression because they were getting back into their beauty routines. Some guy posted on here 'why do women buy so much makeup and skincare and spend so much time on themselves' and I was thinking, ummm, because we want to? Because we can? Because it makes us feel better? Nothing makes me feel as good as having my skin look good. I don't need a million dollars to feel good, I don't need diamonds, I just need good skin, and a good fitting bra. 
inlove.gif

Thank you!!  They are a awesome deals, especially for me right now.  I'm coming out of neck surgery and had my life lieterally shelved away for the best part of two year, there were some complications.  The neuro-surgeon said 'take 2 weeks and get your life squared away before the surgery...' since all my cosmetics were already a couple of years old, I just tossed them all.  

But now I'm getting back into the job market and need to look pretty again  
wavey.gif
.  I'ts sooo funny, I feel like a time-travler, woke-up with a loin cloth and then a buddy from school (guy with his own skin care line, his products were in the TestTube program in the LA Fred Siegal ) told me about these beauty sub phenom and I'm building my beauty supplies bac-up without spending a small fortune.  I also have some vertigo (nerve scarring) and avoid turning... and I was so surprised to find out that shopping is all about turning...  turning right, turning left, turning right again (the looking down I absolutely can't do anymore) but with these boxes I can sit at the computer and peruse in complete comfort to my hearts content!

I'm so appreciative for these subs, both for their savings & convenience!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Hugs to you, tough lady!!! My dad had a stroke two months ago, and I know that little things like showering and shaving made him feel soooo much more human!

Lord knows you deserve to spend a little bit of $$ on yourself! Glad that the computer is the perfect shopping companion!

Originally Posted by alice blue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The little anti-aging kit comes with a terrycloth headband. 
Were these little foil packs or sample bottles?  If you have a camera handy, picture please?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Were these little foil packs or sample bottles?  If you have a camera handy, picture please?

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

It is little bottles. The largest is a 1oz cleanser. The 2 smallest are .25 fl oz. 

My Biore face wash had started to leak a little. Luckily just on the glass nail polish bottle and the box holding the jar of Burt's Bees Night Cream. I was able to clean those off with no lasting damage.

That is just too much awesomeness!   The eClos starter kit is a $20.00 value, knocking the box value upto $315.  There's enough products to take you into fall and then some!  That's a 600%+ return on a $50 investment, nothing out there is offering the same return ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />...  It's just floors me!  Enjoy!! 

Quote:

It is little bottles. The largest is a 1oz cleanser. The 2 smallest are .25 fl oz. 

I'm glad you are doing better! Beauty rituals are so important, it is a shame more men aren't into pampering themselves, the world would be a better place, wouldn't it? I read somewhere, or saw in a movie (The Snake Pit?) that doctors could tell when patients were on the road to recovery or getting out of deep depression because they were getting back into their beauty routines. Some guy posted on here 'why do women buy so much makeup and skincare and spend so much time on themselves' and I was thinking, ummm, because we want to? Because we can? Because it makes us feel better? Nothing makes me feel as good as having my skin look good. I don't need a million dollars to feel good, I don't need diamonds, I just need good skin, and a good fitting bra. 
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hugs to you, tough lady!!! My dad had a stroke two months ago, and I know that little things like showering and shaving made him feel soooo much more human!

Lord knows you deserve to spend a little bit of $$ on yourself! Glad that the computer is the perfect shopping companion!
ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Thank you!  It's very sweet and encouraging of you!  It does really help to keep the sprits up when one looks their best and smell pretty good while doing so.  Actually with the anti-aging serum and creams I've been using over the past three months, a familiy friend actually remarked that I look younger on two occasions without prompting, well... I've also been taking collagen/gelatin to help the healing and I think that's done something for the skin too.  

I appreciate all the positive energy!  You guys are the best!!

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

Thanks for sharing! I had my hand on the mouse but held back. Now i know the next time this comes around I really must click! lol. 

Money was a little tight this month (laptop died and we had to buy a new one, and we're going on vacation friday) but i'm going to squirrel away some $ and next time this comes around- hopefully for winter, i'm getting it for sure! Also so sad I missed the CEW box!!! 

The Beauty Box is great-mine came yesterday. There's a lot to sift through, but my first impressions are: The haircare products (excluding the 2 hairsprays) are mostly for curly/frizzy hair (which I don't have). I used the Eclos skincare sampler products last night before bed and my skin felt a lot firmer, clean, moisturized. The Buxom is a near-perfect color, which is definitely hard to find (it's a soft pink/rose shade, plumping formula). Overall, this was a great deal!

Loving the Burt's Bees--I think it may be my favorite in the box. The hair stuff is all somewhat heavily scented. The GK serum smells like a man's cologne. Not bad, but kind of earthy.The tea, eh, I probably wouldn't buy this flavor, but I might try the others, they are handy. The Aveeno has an odd smell, and it leaves a very white cast. The glytone smells very medicinal, but I guess I can follow-up with my regular wash. The Biore is not as harsh or as cold feeling as I'd expected. I'm having a lot of fun trying everything, and I keep going into the bathroom to look at it all. 
icon_redface.gif

Mine got here today! I'm SO happy I decided to order this, what a great deal! Even with the things I'm not keeping, its an amazing deal. 

So pictures? I'm actually curious about the BACK of the Eclos since some people think it's what will be in the August MyGlam box.

Well that confirms it. It's definately the Eclos in MyGlam this month. Thanks Alice Blue!

Hey everyone...Don't forget that Allure beauty giveaways start today through the month of August. Here's what you do: go to www.allure.com/go/free-stuff. You can view the calendar of items to see which you're interested in winning. You'll have to fill out the form and submit for each one, after each start time. From what I read, Allure doesn't notify you if you've won, just that you'll get something in the mail down the road (but who knows? If that changes, I'll keep you all posted). Good luck!

Back