Allure Summer Beauty Box OR Sephora Sun Safety Kit

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone know when the Sun Safety Kit comes out?!
It's out!  I saw it on Sephora's website this morning!  

I just checked sephora's site, and didn't see it anywhere. Which category did you see it under?

It's not out yet. They did have a picture up this morning, but if you clicked on it, it took you to a page that said it wasn't available. They've since taken the pic down. It looks like it's going to be awesome though!

I lied....the pic is still there. Search sephora favorites and it's there. Not sure if it's last year's or not though. I missed out last year

Hmm, yup there's something weird.  This morning it was fine, but now when I click on the item I get the "this item has sold out" error message.  It's in the Sephora Favorites section.  Someone in IT must've made a mistake!

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I lied....the pic is still there. Search sephora favorites and it's there. Not sure if it's last year's or not though. I missed out last year
The pic they have up is last year's kit.

Mid to Late MAY?!

It was early april last year, but I keep seeing new fun "summery" products being released so I hope the later release date means new stuff will make it into the kit.

Originally Posted by nishino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

if anyone's curious, here's the picture from sephora's site. 
Isn't that last year's? I thought when I looked up reviews that I saw this as last years.

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Isn't that last year's? I thought when I looked up reviews that I saw this as last years.
Yup, last year's.  I'm thinking that they just didn't bother to take the 2012 edition off the site. They have a habit of leaving stuff up even when it's no longer available.  The Sale section is particularly annoying in that sense.

That is definitely last year's Sun Safety Kit.  It was $30.  A few other old "Sephora's Favorites" kits popped up today also.  They were all available to purchase, maybe they were cleaning out the warehouse?

Hopefully, this year's will be just as good. I'm bummed all over again that I missed it last year. My birthday is mid-May and I waited to buy it until I could get my bday gift with it and it sold out. That won't happen again. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Antidentite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is definitely last year's Sun Safety Kit.  It was $30.  A few other old "Sephora's Favorites" kits popped up today also.  They were all available to purchase, maybe they were cleaning out the warehouse?
I wonder if that could be it.  I know I checked the "Sephora Favorites" section a couple weeks ago and the ONLY items in that entire section were fragrance sets.  But this morning that Sun Safety Kit and also the In the Glow set from the holidays magically appeared.  It definitely wasn't showing as out of stock this morning, and was priced at $30.

It's a bit weird to me that they would sell the old Sun Safety Kit, doesn't sunscreen expire after a year?

I actually used the shiseido sunscreen today from last yrs box. I have enough products, but I know I'll wind up purchasing this too. It is such a great deal and I love the variety!

It's a bit weird to me that they would sell the old Sun Safety Kit, doesn't sunscreen expire after a year?
No, sunscreen doesn't automatically expire after a year. It will have an expiration date on it. I have some from last year that's still good for another year or two.

I wonder if that could be it.  I know I checked the "Sephora Favorites" section a couple weeks ago and the ONLY items in that entire section were fragrance sets.  But this morning that Sun Safety Kit and also the In the Glow set from the holidays magically appeared.  It definitely wasn't showing as out of stock this morning, and was priced at $30.
Thanks for the heads up, I bought In the Glow and whatever the other fall/holiday set was (Glitter and Glow?) this morning. The summer sun one was gone, too bad!

Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks for the heads up, I bought In the Glow and whatever the other fall/holiday set was (Glitter and Glow?) this morning. The summer sun one was gone, too bad!
Yeah that "In the Glow" set looks totally fabulous!  I kept eyeing it instore over the holidays and when I saw it again yesterday I put it in my shopping cart right away.  I already have so many blushes/bronzers though I had to stop myself from buying more but it was really hard!  I think the fact that the items are so adorable and small is why I want that set so badly. 

Ok my boyfriend let me get the In the Glow set! & I also got the Stila Color Pigment in Tye Dye.

I'm done makeup shopping for awhile lol. Now I need some new clothes!

Back