Allure Winter Beauty Box 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elf and nyx are not makeups that I use plus I have a few of the items already... its a great deal just not for me the last box was better

It's fairly quick. It's a good idea to hover near you computer or phone a few minutes before it goes live. I do this, and have never had an issue not getting one. But there have been consistent complaints on the Allure FB site from disappointed people about the box being sold out before they even send out the email that it's available. However, there might be a bigger window this year since the box contents aren't as exciting to some.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How fast do these boxes usually sell out? I've never purchased one before, but I think I'm interested in this one!
The fall box sold out within 30 minutes, maybe less. They number the sales and it looked like they offered 2500 boxes last time.

One tip: When you try to purchase you may have to try more than one web browser. The purchase link didn't work with chrome but I was able to purchase with firefox. 

That made the purchase really stressful as the timer was ticking!! I was order 2176, so a few minutes more and I may of missed it. I wish I would of purchased 2 fall boxes because I loved so many of those products. I think I will skip this one as there are not many products I really want.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiffany27la /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How fast do these boxes usually sell out? I've never purchased one before, but I think I'm interested in this one!
I tried to log on at the time the sale started could not get on to the website then at 1220   20 min after it started I signed on and the boxes were gone.

I want this box! I had no interest in the last two boxes because they had a ton of products that I wouldn't use. I'm interested in trying most of the items in this box. I don't want the palettes or Airbrushed legs though.

So I thought for sure I would absolutely, positively get this box....

until I saw the contents.

I still haven't made a dent in the past two boxes...and honestly there is nothing here I have to have.

Or even really want to have.

Not to mention there are a few repeats.

The only product that really intrigues me is the One and Only Brazilian Wand.

And it retails for $8.99.

Wow. This is going to be a rather easy pass for me.

I hope everyone who wants a box, gets one though.

It is an astonishing value!

Don't forget to keep refreshing the page a few minutes before the sale technically begins!

I am I interested in this one as I'm trying to build up my nail polish collection. I will have to set my alarm though as this goes on sale past my bedtime!

Quote: Originally Posted by had706 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am I interested in this one as I'm trying to build up my nail polish collection. I will have to set my alarm though as this goes on sale past my bedtime!
It is on sale at 12 noon on the 19th. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want this box! I had no interest in the last two boxes because they had a ton of products that I wouldn't use. I'm interested in trying most of the items in this box. I don't want the palettes or Airbrushed legs though.
I actually loved the Airbrushed Legs lotion... it really evened out my summer tan and hid my varicose and spider veins... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually loved the Airbrushed Legs lotion... it really evened out my summer tan and hid my varicose and spider veins... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lol, I have ghostly white legs that are basically see-through, and I've never had a tan in my life (pale skin, irish roots, pink undertone...nope, just doesn't happen) so I would just look incredibly stupid if I used it on my legs. BUT, it will make a good gift for my much more golden toned little sister. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  lol, I have ghostly white legs that are basically see-through, and I've never had a tan in my life (pale skin, irish roots, pink undertone...nope, just doesn't happen) so I would just look incredibly stupid if I used it on my legs. BUT, it will make a good gift for my much more golden toned little sister. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Seriously! @yousoldtheworld I tried it when I received it in the Fall box and my Hubby kept giving me these strange looks
blink.gif
He finally said: "You look weird....what did you do.....can you undo it? You look sick or something."

Ahahahahahaha!
smileno.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously! @yousoldtheworld I tried it when I received it in the Fall box and my Hubby kept giving me these strange looks
blink.gif
He finally said: "You look weird....what did you do.....can you undo it? You look sick or something."

Ahahahahahaha!
smileno.gif

Yeah this is definitely something I'd give away!  I would look ridiculous trying to make my super-pale legs look like anything other than the Casper-sticks they are, but I think my super-tan sister-in-law would love it!

Dang it!  Still can't decide if I want this box or not. 

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah this is definitely something I'd give away!  I would look ridiculous trying to make my super-pale legs look like anything other than the Casper-sticks they are, but I think my super-tan sister-in-law would love it!

Ahem, you know you want it....::nudge nudge::
waccha.gif
@magicalmom

I'm gonna go for it. Nothing better than getting a giant box of goodies delivered to your door :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Although i could live without the pound of packing peanuts that come with it, if i even get close to them they all attack me and Do NOT want to detach from me, so i make my husband unpack, hehe. Then laugh at him while he flails around trying to dislodge pink packing peanuts. Plus i've been eyeballing that Tomoko since it came out, it looks so pretty. Though i do wish that the repeats would have been the hair masks (if they had to do them at all).

waccha.gif
@magicalmom

Haha oh I do!  I want it!  Trying to figure out if the budget can stretch, especially with all the Secret Santa shopping!

waccha.gif
@magicalmom

Haha oh I do!  I want it!  Trying to figure out if the budget can stretch, especially with all the Secret Santa shopping!

This is me, too...I want it...but should i spend the money right now? Ahhh.

Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think this is a great box, I've never ordered an Allure beauty box before - do you get it right from their website? http://www.allure.com/beauty/allure-beauty-box?
This link will direct you to the site when it is already available for purchase.

http://avs-beauty-box.s3.amazonaws.com/nov2013/index.html

Allure had a mishap last time directing people to that website and a lot were so confused where to buy it. Bookmark it so you won't forget. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by had706 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh I was assuming it was 12 midnight. Thanks! Well darn I don't think I can get it then as I will be at a client all day. Boo.
If you have a friend who you think will be buying it, you can ask to order for you. They do multiple orders (max of 5, i think).

Latest posts

Back