April 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in shock.

I actually went to TJ MAXX, Nordstrom Rack, AND "the ghetto mall" and didn't buy a damn thing--wasn't even really tempted by the UD BoS or the set of UD pencils OR the Philosophy margarita scrub. Nothing like Fiesta Mall to take the fun outta shopping, let me tell ya.

Haha, I thought about that margarita scrub too, but I have 3 scrubs that I need to use still (one hasn't even been opened yet). I haven't been to Fiesta mall in forever.. In my memory, the only good thing about that place was the Orange Julius.

Not yet...But I am watching Benefit and bloggers like a hawk!

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oooo sounds tempting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> depending what they have this might be the 1 cosmetic item im allowed this month. are there sneak peaks?

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, I've been using the Fresh Sugar lip treatment I got from Sephora (the bday duo, even though my bday is in May, my Sephora is cool like that though).. and it solved my gross cracky lip problem. I am 95% likely to buy this full sized when I'm out, though probably through BB if I ever get to 200 points, so it'll be really cheap.
Good to know. I have been thinking about a good lip exfoliator. I tried one of my friend's, and it was miles better than brushing my lips with a toothbrush.

Haha, I thought about that margarita scrub too, but I have 3 scrubs that I need to use still (one hasn't even been opened yet). I haven't been to Fiesta mall in forever.. In my memory, the only good thing about that place was the Orange Julius.

I'm not even sure the OJ is still there. They DO have a Charley's though, which I LOVE (got addicted to them when I was in Germany). And, yeah, the price on the margarita scrub is GREAT, but....I have other scrubs that I haven't even OPENED, so why should I get that one now, you know? Although I am terrified that I might actually go into the Philosophy store in Chandler one of these days and never leave. Kinda more into their scents than BBW lately.

I need to follow tutorials to learn how to do makeup but I am so lazy. That is a good tip though!
The short version is to do a C shape or a shape like this: < in a dark color from the outer corner of your eye to the outside of your crease, and then blend inward a little, and soften all the edges.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not even sure the OJ is still there. They DO have a Charley's though, which I LOVE (got addicted to them when I was in Germany). And, yeah, the price on the margarita scrub is GREAT, but....I have other scrubs that I haven't even OPENED, so why should I get that one now, you know? Although I am terrified that I might actually go into the Philosophy store in Chandler one of these days and never leave. Kinda more into their scents than BBW lately.

There are Philosophy STORES??????????? I only recently discovered they were an AZ company. I'd be dead in a minute if I went there. I'm addicted to their 3-in-1 things. I use it for shampoo and body wash, it kind of sucks as a bubble bath though. I think I've gone through three of the 6oz bottles, two of the 4oz bottles, one 16oz, and then a 2oz bottle in the last year or so. And I bought a 3 pack of 6oz springy scents at Nordstrom Rack the other day.

Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need to follow tutorials to learn how to do makeup but I am so lazy. That is a good tip though!
The short version is to do a C shape or a shape like this: < in a dark color from the outer corner of your eye to the outside of your crease, and then blend inward a little, and soften all the edges.

I will try that! Thanks. Not today though because I have to go to school and I haven't ever worn makeup to this class and my lab partner always comments on everything different with me.

Don't worry, I definitely will! Once I learn more about it, I'll probably put up a blog post in addition to sharing it here. I'm excited! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, item 1 out of 25 for my project pan has been completed. Woot!

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oooo please share when you find out more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on the UD site right now debating buying naked2. I already have naked so its pretty unnecessary. I know once I start my new position (tomorrow!!) I'll be a lot less bored and therefore spend a lot less time online shopping, but I also kind of want to reward myself. 

I should skip it and go get a manicure after work instead. 
The reviews that I read said that you definitely don't need both Naked palettes. Manicure is a good idea.

In the spirit of my no buy, I went shopping in my samples yesterday. I used DDF Brightening Cleanser, Mario Badescu Cucumber Special Lotion, Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream, and Philosophy the Present. I am not sure why they call it Special Lotion, it is totaly a toner; I like it. Loving the Brightening Cleanser, I've been using it for a week and a half. The Eye Cream is good, haven't noticed anything amazing. The standout product was the Present. I thought it was just a moisturizer, but apparently it's also a primer before foundation. I think I am in love. My pores looked smaller, my skin was smooth and moisturized but not slippery, a glow without grease...yay! However, instead of buying the full size anytime soon, I am going to remind myself that I have yet to try the La Rocca primer from my Beautyfix box. I have read rave reviews.

Did anyone else get a 20% off an entire purchase at ulta? Bummed at myself for ordering my hair stuff already when I could get 20% off. Coupons aren't normally good on devacurl but this one is good on everything except lancome and the brow bar. 

I got one 2. I just bought stuff at ulta 2...damn it. Its for your whole purchase

Did anyone else get a 20% off an entire purchase at ulta? Bummed at myself for ordering my hair stuff already when I could get 20% off. Coupons aren't normally good on devacurl but this one is good on everything except lancome and the brow bar. 

I went through my sample/unused stash and I think I'm a hoarder. I have 13 lotion/body butters in various sizes (most are full size though) that I can find, but not including face moisturizers or sunscreen. I even have duplicates of pacifica's guava body butter. I think I'll start my stash-usage with them since they're not makeup items.

looove this stuff. i just picked some up last sunday :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I've been using the Fresh Sugar lip treatment I got from Sephora (the bday duo, even though my bday is in May, my Sephora is cool like that though).. and it solved my gross cracky lip problem. I am 95% likely to buy this full sized when I'm out, though probably through BB if I ever get to 200 points, so it'll be really cheap.

I have that. But I'm so far managing not to make a big ole shopping list. Hell, I even have a $5 Sephora gift card that I'm not using, which for me, is unusual.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have that. But I'm so far managing not to make a big ole shopping list. Hell, I even have a $5 Sephora gift card that I'm not using, which for me, is unusual.

Yeah, I'm going to try not to use it but I want a BB cream soooo bad. I think if there isn't one in my birchbox this month I'll end up using the coupon. Hate myself.

Nordstrom has a really  cool pair of ASICS I want, black with purple and green accents!

But I noticed that they also have a really cool GWP with $125 (beauty/fragrance) purchase.
icon_eek.gif

Nordstrom has a really  cool pair of ASICS I want, black with purple and green accents!

But I noticed that they also have a really cool GWP with $125 (beauty/fragrance) purchase.
icon_eek.gif

Um...what? *rushes to look, while cursing under my breath*

WHEW....nothing in there that I really want AND it's online only, when right now I want the fun of instore shopping.

Latest posts

Back