April 2012 No-Buy Support

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...and it's 3:30 in the morning, and I find myself with a crazed desire to shop. NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD AT ALL. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

...and it's 3:30 in the morning, and I find myself with a crazed desire to shop. NOT GOOD. NOT GOOD AT ALL. 

lol, for some reason I woke up at 530 am today so I went through half of my make up. Threw some old stuff out, realized once again I don't need to buy anything else because i always reach for my naked palette anyway. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol, for some reason I woke up at 530 am today so I went through half of my make up. Threw some old stuff out, realized once again I don't need to buy anything else because i always reach for my naked palette anyway. 

I've managed not to buy anything, and here it is, two hours later. I just went through this MAD craving for Philosophy products (of which I currently own NONE, although some are en route). Yet, I managed NOT to go online to the bad places (lol). If I've still got the craving in an hour and a half, I'll go to CVS, since I'm bored with their selection ANYWAY. The hour and a half is because that would be 7 AM and I think that's when locations other than my MAIN CVS open :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (My main CVS is 24 hours....deadly)

I've managed not to buy anything, and here it is, two hours later. I just went through this MAD craving for Philosophy products (of which I currently own NONE, although some are en route). Yet, I managed NOT to go online to the bad places (lol). If I've still got the craving in an hour and a half, I'll go to CVS, since I'm bored with their selection ANYWAY. The hour and a half is because that would be 7 AM and I think that's when locations other than my MAIN CVS open :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (My main CVS is 24 hours....deadly)

lol I do LOVE LOVE philosophy. Hope in Jar and purity made simple are in my daily routine forever I think. Be careful at CVS...there are so many ECBs this week on Loreal and Revlon! 

I was just looking at the facebook bonus points items on birchbox and about to add something to my cart, until I thought to myself "what is the point of buying something you dont' really need to get the equivalent of 5 dollars back on?" 

Feels good! 

I'm on the UD site right now debating buying naked2. I already have naked so its pretty unnecessary. I know once I start my new position (tomorrow!!) I'll be a lot less bored and therefore spend a lot less time online shopping, but I also kind of want to reward myself. 

I should skip it and go get a manicure after work instead. 

You should skip it.

My dermatologist recommended a new cleanser to alternate with the BPO (and she recommends that I stick with the BPO instead of neglecting it like I have been) but fortunately I have some CVS Extra Care Bucks.. $5, and then I got an offer for $4 free ECBs so that should be sent to my card. And I think there should be like $0.40 on there too from my spending. But since it will benefit my skin clearing, it doesn't count. I have to pick up my acne meds anyway.

Skip it! I want it too, even though I have Naked 1. I'm just going to save my money and ask for it for my birthday or something.

I'm gonna come out and say this: April 17, it is very, very likely that I will be breaking my no buy. Benefit is releasing their LE Rare Beauty set that's inspired by the Snow White & the Huntsman movie. Soooo...yuup. I'm going to behave myself until then, and I think a few makeup products will actually be heading into my bag of finished products. I think if I don't buy anything until then and a few more products make their way into the used up pile, I won't feel so bad about it. Yaaaeeey!

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Skip it! I want it too, even though I have Naked 1. I'm just going to save my money and ask for it for my birthday or something.

I'm gonna come out and say this: April 17, it is very, very likely that I will be breaking my no buy. Benefit is releasing their LE Rare Beauty set that's inspired by the Snow White & the Huntsman movie. Soooo...yuup. I'm going to behave myself until then, and I think a few makeup products will actually be heading into my bag of finished products. I think if I don't buy anything until then and a few more products make their way into the used up pile, I won't feel so bad about it. Yaaaeeey!

omg I knoooow, I want the snow white enefit stuff soooooo bad. I sent a couple thinks to souly and a palette to pancua, so I count this as things I've finished...even if they were trades, lol. 

HEY...no ruining surprises!

omg I knoooow, I want the snow white enefit stuff soooooo bad. I sent a couple thinks to souly and a palette to pancua, so I count this as things I've finished...even if they were trades, lol. 

That Snow White stuff sounds great, but I haven't looked at it to see how tempting it might be :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And I fell asleep, so YAY, did not go out. May now, though. I suck.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HEY...no ruining surprises!

I just said a couple of things lol! Also, it should be there soon! I don't know why my first class mail always goes faster than priority though, and your package was too heavy to ship first class. 

That Snow White stuff sounds great, but I haven't looked at it to see how tempting it might be :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's retailing for $45...so its at least not TOO expensive or some other lame excuse like that. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

They haven't actually released what is going to be in the kit, but speculation around the interwebz points to products that will help you emulate Snow White's creamy skin, apple red cheeks and lips, and black as night lashes. Being the ultra pasty white person that I am, I'm all about the Snow White look! 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif. Being the ultra pasty white person that I am, I'm all about the Snow White look! 
To quote my beloved Ru, "Can I get an A-MEN up in hyah?"

I went to CVS but I didn't buy any cleanser, because I remembered that I have an entire bag full of samples, with a lot being skincare and probably already have something that I could use in the morning. I bought a razor and 4 extra cartridges with my ECBs. (and an Arizona raspberry iced tea, but I always buy one when I pick up my prescriptions)

I have both and they're really similar, so I recommend you skip it. You're not missing out on anything special

I'm on the UD site right now debating buying naked2. I already have naked so its pretty unnecessary. I know once I start my new position (tomorrow!!) I'll be a lot less bored and therefore spend a lot less time online shopping, but I also kind of want to reward myself. 

I should skip it and go get a manicure after work instead. 

icon_lol.gif
 I'm hoping to get yours off tom. Hope you like
icon_biggrin.gif

I just said a couple of things lol! Also, it should be there soon! I don't know why my first class mail always goes faster than priority though, and your package was too heavy to ship first class. 

oooo sounds tempting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> depending what they have this might be the 1 cosmetic item im allowed this month. are there sneak peaks?

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Latest posts

Back