Are you a makeup snob?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by bluebird08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can be at times...I will admit it!!! I guess MU is my only way that I can really afford Chanel
11a.gif
hehe im the same with Dior!

I buy whatever brand works best for me,both high end and low end. I bought a NARS blush but to me my Cover Girl cheekers blush is better.

I can't always afford to be a make-up snob. I have a lot of both and when I can I like to buy the h/e stuff, but d/s make-up can be just as good.

I'll spend alot on foundation because if my skin looks bad, no other makeup will look as good. I'll go on the cheap with anything else!

I use both. I always feel that items such as foundation as worth paying more for. I have tried just about every brand out there and have had the best results with the more expensive ones.

No, except maybe with founndations. i'm actually snob with many department store makeup like mascara, i won't buy an expensive mascara. Lately i prefer professional brands and some of them are cheaper but better.

Nope!

I only use high end eyeshadows because I haven't found anything I like in the drugstore...if we have NYX I would definitely use that..but we don't here.

I also use high end foundations and powders, but everything else is ds.

I use some High End and some cheap products, just depends on what i like in a brand

Def. not considering my budget only allows for drugstore purchases, with the occasional high end splurge. I love any makeup!

Most of my regular stuff is high-end, but when I'm experimenting with new colors or something trendy, I'll buy cheap to make sure I like it. It's a fun way to try something new! But yeah, as long as something works I don't really care if it's high-end or not.
smile.gif

Snobbery carries its own punishments
redface.gif
ne of those is forking over ridiculous sums for things you could have had for half the price in a less fashionable brand. Mac, Sephora or Clinique are perfect examples of paying more and getting really only a short lived status in return. the same quality foundation, or eyeshadow is probably available at Wal-Mart from Neutrogena or Maybelline and the cash saved is handier than the prestige.

I am borderline snob. I have more high end than low. But I have had high end that ended up being crap. I don't scrimp on skincare, foundation or powder. I use what works for me regardless of what the price.

I use both high end and drug store products. The only thing that I will not skimp on is my EL Doublewear foundation. I tried revlon colorstay but only used it once. I wish I could like another foundation, but I guess EL is my HG. most all of my products are EL. I'm still searching for my HG mascara. when i do buy dg I tend to go more for revlon. I would like to know which mascara it is that is better than Lancome and Dior.... I read that on someone elses post. I really want Dior show but have no counters here.

Girly Girl: I used to never stray from the Lancome mascara. I used it for 10+ years. Now I use the Maybelline Define a Lash (Green Tube Clump free). I love this stuff. I don't know if the formula would be thick enough for sparser lash lines or short eyelashes. I tried to use the green and pink tube because the magazines would always say it was just as good as Definicils and MUA's would praise it. I never liked the formula. Now if I buy a high end brand mascara I have found the Fresh brand Supernova mascara and I adore it. It's like a push up bra for my lashes. I have to order it online or if I make the trip (60 miles) to my nearest Sephora I will grab a tube of it then. I think Mascara is going to be a hit and miss because everyone has a different thing going on with their lashes.

Definitely not, I can't afford to be a snob.

I am pretty loyal though. I've found the perfect concealer that happens to be a drugstore brand, but I won't be deviating from it any time soon. I kind of wish the company made more colors so I could also have the matching foundation.

I'd love to be a makeup snob but since this is one of my hobbies..... I can't afford it!! lol Ever priced a new pair of ice hockey skates? hehe

I tend to buy higher end products than low ends. Some of my skincare products that I purchase tend to be organic shops and the price tag can be equivalent to department stores.

I will say that I do frequent department stores more so than drugstores. When I do go to drugstores, I tend to be really giddy because I can browse through the makeup and skincare line without the hassle of a sales clerk or feeling pressured to buy more products.

i use both, according to the money i can spend in makeup. besides, if it's good, i don't really care about the brand.

that said, if i could own all the MAC e/s...

Back