Are you a makeup snob?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lummerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tend to buy higher end products than low ends. Some of my skincare products that I purchase tend to be organic shops and the price tag can be equivalent to department stores. I will say that I do frequent department stores more so than drugstores. When I do go to drugstores, I tend to be really giddy because I can browse through the makeup and skincare line without the hassle of a sales clerk or feeling pressured to buy more products.

Same here, I tend to be a m/u snob but I'm open to drugstore products too if I think they're worth the purchase.

I'm a mineral makeup snob, but I use drugstore brands for mascara, lipstick and eyeliner.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif How many of us are makeup snobs? Do you ONLY use high-end products, or do you also use low-end? I use both, because to me, as long as it looks good and the color lasts, then I'll buy it and use it. I use both... I have a lot of higher end stuff, but I have a lot of d/s products too. I just use whatever works for what I want at that moment.

I hate sounding like a ***** or a snob.

The only low end product I use is NYX. Everything else is pretty much $10-65 per item ;D

I use both! All depends on color and texture of certain products. My favorite lipstick was $.99! lol!

I cannot afford a lot of high end stuff but I find that the color range of the higher end brands is much better. I like higher end lipsticks, eyeshadows and eyeliners more..

I own and use both. I have been buying more high-end stuff lately since I have more money to spend on mu.

I admit i'm a bit of a snob. I don't buy anything animal tested which immediately scrubs most of the d/s brands off the list anyway. Most of money goes on MAC, Benefit, urban decay & Bobbi Brown. But I do buy and love the odd thing from Bourjois, revlon & No 17.

I use high-end; MAC and Nars and low-end; Milani, NYX. When I'm trying to figure out a new "look/color combo" I will use my low-end so as not to waste my high-end.
laughing.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif How many of us are makeup snobs? Do you ONLY use high-end products, or do you also use low-end? I use both, because to me, as long as it looks good and the color lasts, then I'll buy it and use it.

I use both but I def use more high end than low end products. I worked @ counters selling Clarins and Urban Decay a several yrs back and I feel w/ skin care and cetain makeup items, such as eyeshadows, foundation and lipstick, there is a big difference between department store and drug store quality. I have recently discovered L'Oreal true match powder which I love and is the first cheapy powder I have used in yrs. I always buy d/s mascara too b/c it expires so quickly... I think that the technology of d/s makeup is slowly catching up to the department store...

For foundation I'm very fussy and I have to use a highend product or I feel like I'm damaging my face. But for eyes and lips I use whatever works best, drugstore brands or expensive stuff =)

I love both lower end and higher end, with a preference for lower end, for e/s and other items like that. But when it comes to my foundation, powder and other things of that nature I am really becoming a MMU snob.

Actuallyyyyy, I try to use both. If it looks good why not? but some of it bothers my eyes and makes them tear. So it's hard.

The only thing drugstore I would use is mascara. Other than that, I am a dept store snob. Years ago I use to use only drugstore makeup, but now I can afford it so I buy it. *runs*

I don't think there is anything wrong with buying drugstore items. Some of them are good quality, like Revlon or L'Oreal.

Back