Aromaleigh Ephemera sub (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that there was a *huge* CS disaster a couple of years ago, and her customer base turned on her big time. It sounds like sales have absolutely tanked. I know quite a few people who refuse to give her a second chance despite the changes that were made in that area, and I get the impression that those attitudes are the Reddit crowd. The awesome thing about this sub is that it opens up a whole new audience who gets this to be their first exposure to the brand, and anyone with any experience with indie subs will definitely know better than to hold the server issue against her because this happens with *every single sub* that has limited slots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that there was a *huge* CS disaster a couple of years ago, and her customer base turned on her big time. It sounds like sales have absolutely tanked. I know quite a few people who refuse to give her a second chance despite the changes that were made in that area, and I get the impression that those attitudes are the Reddit crowd. The awesome thing about this sub is that it opens up a whole new audience who gets this to be their first exposure to the brand, and anyone with any experience with indie subs will definitely know better than to hold the server issue against her because this happens with *every single sub* that has limited slots.
Don't get me started...but I am so glad Aromaleigh is getting the recent attention it deserves because the products are great quality, customer service is awesome, and they are one of the few companies that I have never had a problem with an order. If this sub helps people get over their past issues with the brand, or brings in new customers, I am all for it!

I think I got one!  I got the paypal automatic payment thing and an invoice and it showed in my Aromaleigh account!

It took 40 minutes and I was late to an appt but I am so happy I got one!  Hope everyone who wanted one got one and if not gets one Monday!

Yup, I got one, It took 36 min of me refreshing to finally get through but I am ecstatic!

It makes me really sad to hear that she is having issues on Reddit :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I vaguely remember there being an issue a while back with Aromaleigh but it didn't stop me from trying the products and falling in absolute love with them and her Customer Service. I'm fully about giving indies a second chance if they work hard and prove themselves. So despite whatever happened in the past, I have never had a bad experience and have only had amazing and great experiences!

I will fully support this brand and pass along the recommendation to anyone who is interested!
*I am SO excited for this sub!!!*

Quick off topic/kind of related question?  Why is reddit considered the be all end all?  I see people talking about the IMAM thread or whatever and I went over to check it out and the formatting just made me ill.  I could not deal, it is so visually unappealing that I could not navigate it.

Is there something I am missing?!!

I can't wait to see what is in here!  So glad I cancelled my second BB for this!  

Any ideas?  I hope a full look: eyes, cheeks, lip, perfume!  That would be perfect even if one of each!  Or little baby samples of a few product types.

I have no full sizes from Aromaleigh only sample baggies.

I agree..I don't know what the issue was in the past, but when I think about how many times big companies have had issues and still kept customers, it seems silly to be unwilling to support an indie company like this.

ANYWAY, what are you guys hoping for, theme-wise?

Quick off topic/kind of related question?  Why is reddit considered the be all end all?  I see people talking about the IMAM thread or whatever and I went over to check it out and the formatting just made me ill.  I could not deal, it is so visually unappealing that I could not navigate it.

I can't wait to see what is in here!  So glad I cancelled my second BB for this!  

Any ideas?  I hope a full look: eyes, cheeks, lip, perfume!  That would be perfect even if one of each!  Or little baby samples of a few product types.

I have no full sizes from Aromaleigh only sample baggies.
I feel you, I dislike reddit and find it hard to keep up and just not user friendly. I think it's just that reddit is so huge in general, so many people there.

The formatting definitely takes some getting used to, but I for one like it because I can actually post my own blog reviews there. I blog a lot about indies, but because of the MUT rules I am not allowed to post a link for them other than in my own signature. In my opinion, don't venture there now, too much drama and unnecessary stuff happening lately. As someone who avoids all types of drama in my own life, I don't need to deal with it on the internet. We are so much more positive here!  :wub:

Back on topic, what do we hope to get this month? I am hoping for a good chance to try an Aromaleigh blush since I haven't really before. And I can't wait to see what this perfume extra is that has been teased!

I think the reddit/IMAM drama regarding Aromaleigh has settled down a lot.... however, if you search for Aromaleigh via the search bar, you'll get old threads about the past customer service problems. Earlier in the year, IMAM used to be much more hostile towards Aromaleigh - but now that Carol participates in the threads and there are more new people discovering indie makeup, I think things have gotten much better. IMAM loves it when brand owners participate... Fyrinnae also had a major CS issue that had IMAM members avoiding the brand, but it magically resolved once the owner (Dorian_Gray_)  joined IMAM to clear things up.

Anyways... I also managed to grab a sub! I think I want to limit myself to only one subscription box, so I let my i+ta one get cancelled so I can try out this one. I'm excited to see what the themes will be :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It took about an hour this afternoon but I got a sub as well! I would love to try a blush, but really anything would be great!

I totally want to go on their Facebook page and go all SEE?  THIS IS WHAT I MEANT!  I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

Also:  Did anyone else see the labels on the boxes on Facebook?  It looks like an old-fashioned lamp post.  One of their Tumbler posts has a bunch of fairy lights and lamp posts, and the date indicates it's for January, so it's not a holiday theme.  I'm hoping for a combat-the-midwinter-darkness theme heavy on sparkle!

I totally want to go on their Facebook page and go all SEE?  THIS IS WHAT I MEANT!  I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

Also:  Did anyone else see the labels on the boxes on Facebook?  It looks like an old-fashioned lamp post.  One of their Tumbler posts has a bunch of fairy lights and lamp posts, and the date indicates it's for January, so it's not a holiday theme.  I'm hoping for a combat-the-midwinter-darkness theme heavy on sparkle!
I saw the White Witch (from Chronicles of Narnia) on their tumblr page, wintery pics, and His Dark Materials (specifically gifs from The Golden Compass movie), so when I saw that lamp post I thought Narnia! But I don't know ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  (Narnia and The Golden Compass are... thematically dichotomous, maybe, kind of? However, both of them are wintery...)

ETA: I am SO HAPPY that you convinced them to add more slots!

Last edited by a moderator:
Narnia and The Golden Compass are... thematically dichotomous, maybe, kind of?
Heh.  Just a little.  By which I mean "pretty much completely."  I did think about Dickens when I saw the lamps, quite possibly because Christine at Hello Waffle just did A Christmas Carol for the December set, and I received it yesterday, so it's fresh in my mind.

I was thinking Narnia. I would die if it was The Golden Compass. That's my favorite book series, the one that inspired me to become a children's librarian. But the lamp post really says Narnia to me.

I am so freaking excited for this theme. My mom used to read "the lion the witch and the wardrobe" to me when I was too young to read it myself. It was my favorite and I probably made her read it 5 times. Can not wait!!

I hope there's a Turkish Delight eyeshadow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

From what she posted on FB, it seems there will also be a lip sample and a fragrance sample as extras.  I'm unreasonably excited for this sub!

I didn't manage to get one yesterday. I tried for fifteen minutes, but then I had to go to lunch. I'll try again on Monday!

Oh man, you guys, I will be severely jealous if the box has a "Chronicles of Narnia" theme. Just thinking now of all the beautiful colors that could be done and especially by Aromaleigh! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :blush:

I know this sub is still in very early stages but I always forget to check FB pages, and I NEVER use Reddit - has there been any rumblings about overstock being sold on the website?

Back