Beauty Army: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hear the CEO is a snail 
wink.gif
lmao

I should be getting my box on the 21st... so I'll add 3 days like they did last time and say I'll get it on the 24th XD

I picked my samples on 4th and got the box today. I live in Sacramento. It is funny that I always get my ipsy bag last but i get my ba box very quick...

i guess something was wrong with my account and they didn't even make the effort to contact me about it, and then i finally had to 2 weeks later. they were just going to have charged me and never send my kit for all they care

Meh. My selections aren't appealing. Mostly foil packets. I don't want to make a box just to get the eyeshadow and soap...

I tried one of the Lash Cards & was far from impressed.  My mascara goes on much better without the Lash Card.  I also didn't realize all they were are cardstock, essentially. 

I finally opened my box, it smells super delightful because of the soap. I am not a soap use but I think I want to give it a try!

Also the eyeshadow sample cap is super awesome. I think they change it to a bigger bottle (diameter wise) so the content looks less full then the first 2. I am liking this one the most, less messy!

Other samples are foil packets but no big deal. At least I know I will use them.

Seems I was late selecting my samples again this month, because the 'experts' had selected them for me - again.  So, I went to cancel my subscription, and next to the cancel button it said that they would do anything for me as long as I did not cancel.  So, I sent them an email asking to cancel the box.  I received an email the following morning saying that their crack warehouse team had already mailed it out.  And, I received it in a week.  Usually, it takes a couple weeks for the box to show up.  So, I guess they can send them out quickly if they want to.

A previous box selected by the 'experts' was o.k., but this time the box was disappointing.  The 'experts' had selected six tiny samples:  Lash Cards, sliver of olive soap, tiny jar of eye glitter, Boo Boo Cover-up, packet of I Love Carrots body cream (that said 'free sample' on it), and pod of volumizing hair conditioner. 

The Boo Boo Cover up is like a decal.  You cut out a piece of it, peel off the plastic backing, and stick it over your 'boo boo'.  Then, you hold a wet towel over it for a few minutes until you can peel off the cardboard backing.  The packaging says it will stick for up to a couple days, and to use baby oil to remove it.  And, it says it is not for sensitive skin or to be used near your eyes.  Kinda scary.

Wow I'm shocked, my Beauty Army got to me within 3 days! That is crazy, usually it takes at least a week and a half.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seems I was late selecting my samples again this month, because the 'experts' had selected them for me - again.  So, I went to cancel my subscription, and next to the cancel button it said that they would do anything for me as long as I did not cancel.  So, I sent them an email asking to cancel the box.  I received an email the following morning saying that their crack warehouse team had already mailed it out.  And, I received it in a week.  Usually, it takes a couple weeks for the box to show up.  So, I guess they can send them out quickly if they want to.

A previous box selected by the 'experts' was o.k., but this time the box was disappointing.  The 'experts' had selected six tiny samples:  Lash Cards, sliver of olive soap, tiny jar of eye glitter, Boo Boo Cover-up, packet of I Love Carrots body cream (that said 'free sample' on it), and pod of volumizing hair conditioner. 

The Boo Boo Cover up is like a decal.  You cut out a piece of it, peel off the plastic backing, and stick it over your 'boo boo'.  Then, you hold a wet towel over it for a few minutes until you can peel off the cardboard backing.  The packaging says it will stick for up to a couple days, and to use baby oil to remove it.  And, it says it is not for sensitive skin or to be used near your eyes.  Kinda scary.
It's for covering up tatoos.

Has anyone tried making a purchase in BA's shop?  I'm wondering if we are only able to use one promo code/"badge" per order.  

My first box arrived today!! Is it bad I was more excited about the actual Beauty Army box than the products? Anyways, I'm excited for everything but wow is the pigment small.

My first box arrived today!! Is it bad I was more excited about the actual Beauty Army box than the products? Anyways, I'm excited for everything but wow is the pigment small.
Heh. I'm the same way about the boxes sometimes! And that pigment seems small -- until you drop it, and then your entire bathroom, hall, and kitty are coated in a fine dusting of color. Not that I've done this. Twice.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Heh. I'm the same way about the boxes sometimes! And that pigment seems small -- until you drop it, and then your entire bathroom, hall, and kitty are coated in a fine dusting of color. Not that I've done this. Twice.
ouch :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the pigments nooo D: well at least you have an exotic looking kitteh now!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL awww poor kitty. you should have taken a picture :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back