Beauty Army - February

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Ampym /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So glad you guys got the promo code to work. I am going to order in a few as i saw a sample on ebay for $8 plus $3 shipping=NO WAY. 

If only I had known, I wouldn't have opened my sample lol. :p 

Although I did just look on ebay and it appears to be in someone 's left over samples from birchbox and beauty army, lol 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

omg you are my idol. If I am as cool as you in my 60s I will be the happiest lady alive. 

Oh, you are so sweet to say that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Last week my 8 yr old granddaughter (also a beauty addict - just like me! haha!) asked me if I was going to have any more children. I just had to laugh to myself at that.  If you're young at heart, you'll stay young.  My husband says I'm a 15 year old girl trapped in a 65 yr old body.  LOL! 

If anyone is interested in how the Caribbean Queen Bling shadow is, here's my report so far:

On my hand with no base it's a very sheer wash of color with definite shimmer. Over a base on my hand, more color showed, but still on the sheer side.

I don't think it works as an everyday shadow, but for special occasions or maybe just a night out it would be pretty. This ahade is especially nice for spring/summer imo.

Not the best pic. It's hard taking a pic of your own hand! The swatch with no base is on top, It's hard to see the one below it but you can see it's a little darker.

You are FABULOUS....I am 42 and when I am 60+ I want to look as good as you go! YOU ROCK IT! I got the same bling eyeshadow or rather will be receiving the same color..Carribean Queen and it looked so much darker on the swatch they sent. Definatley a spring color. Also just ordered the black soap and the promo code is good thru 03/2.

Originally Posted by pinktergal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, you are so sweet to say that! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Last week my 8 yr old granddaughter (also a beauty addict - just like me! haha!) asked me if I was going to have any more children. I just had to laugh to myself at that.  If you're young at heart, you'll stay young.  My husband says I'm a 15 year old girl trapped in a 65 yr old body.  LOL! 

lol I'm mostly impressed that you have an ipad!! And can use it, lol. My dad is only in his 50s and the only thing he knows how to do is show me videos of skateboarding dogs. 

I got that blue in my Feb. kit, which is on its way. It looks really pretty swatched, I was kind of afraid of the blue!  I got the white bling tone in my january kit and its a great highlighter and I've gotten a lot of use out of it, hopefully I can find a fun way to use the blue. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol I'm mostly impressed that you have an ipad!! And can use it, lol. My dad is only in his 50s and the only thing he knows how to do is show me videos of skateboarding dogs. 

I got that blue in my Feb. kit, which is on its way. It looks really pretty swatched, I was kind of afraid of the blue!  I got the white bling tone in my january kit and its a great highlighter and I've gotten a lot of use out of it, hopefully I can find a fun way to use the blue. 

Haha @ skateboarding dogs. My husband (also in his 50's) couldn't even do that!  We're opposites where tech is concerned. He's clueless - doesn't even carry a cell phone, and the only tech gadget he can work is the TV remote. But I'm a tech junkie. That and beauty products are my crack. LOL!  I always have to have the latest tech thing. Makes me VERY popular with my 3 grand kids.

BTW, the shadow is the aqua, not the denim blue in case there's any confusion.  I just wish another color would come up for me. No matter what I put in my profile (different skin tone, different age, it's ALWAYS the aqua!  Maybe that's the only color left?  Now that I see how pretty it is, I'd like to try the denim and the purple.  I might just have to get the aqua again and then do a trade with someone..

Originally Posted by Ampym /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are FABULOUS....I am 42 and when I am 60+ I want to look as good as you go! YOU ROCK IT! I got the same bling eyeshadow or rather will be receiving the same color..Carribean Queen and it looked so much darker on the swatch they sent. Definatley a spring color. Also just ordered the black soap and the promo code is good thru 03/2.

Thank you, you're sweet to say that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I have a feeling all you "youngsters" here will age very well! It's all about attitude and not feeling old and still getting excited about things you love..

The shadow might be a little more intense on the eyelid than the hand because the skin there isn't as dry as the hand. So if you want it sheer, don't wear a shadow base.  I'll try it on tomorrow when I do my makeup.  I'm ready for spring colors!

Hah! My mom is trying to teach our bulldog how to skateboard because of all those commercials.

Poor thing doesn't get why she has to stand on a board that moves to get a treat.

Mine too! My bag was only like an hour from me and now it's in Nevada? That makes ZERO sense! 
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is awkward, my bag is in Nevada instead of staying in CA.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine too! My bag was only like an hour from me and now it's in Nevada? That makes ZERO sense! 
icon_eek.gif

It is just how that shipping company works, everything goes through Sparks, NV and they have very specific stops. Kind of how everything Fedex used to have to go through memphis, even if you were overnighting from LA to San Fran.

My bag had some weird stuff on the tracking too, when it said it was delievered, then it said it was in transit??? I was like wtf???.............im not sure why their tracking is so weird.

Originally Posted by Diana Mangual /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My bag had some weird stuff on the tracking too, when it said it was delievered, then it said it was in transit??? I was like wtf???.............im not sure why their tracking is so weird.
That's what happened to mine. It came into Austin, then went out to Dallas, only to come back to Austin and then get lost. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine was delievered once it said "delievered" but then it said it was out for transit again and that was weird..LOL..as long as I got my package I didnt care LOL..they should fix that though.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what happened to mine. It came into Austin, then went out to Dallas, only to come back to Austin and then get lost. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Diana Mangual /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine was delievered once it said "delievered" but then it said it was out for transit again and that was weird..LOL..as long as I got my package I didnt care LOL..they should fix that though.
They might be reusing the tracking number. I've noticed this happen even with UPS. 

Mine said it was delivered when UPS dropped it off at my local PO, because it was delivered as far as UPS was concerned, haha

I still think it is funny that so many people think the bags are coming from Ontario Canada.

Nope silly girls, Ontario, California. It's in the desert an hour or so from Palm Springs.

I always fly into the Ontario airport when visiting my gran, it's cheaper than Palm Springs, plus the drive to the desert is pretty cool due to all the wind turbines.

Ontario isn't in the desert, at least not quite. Palm Springs is still a bit of a drive, a drive I've done quite a bit, it takes about 1.5 hours from Ontario to Palm Springs with light traffic. Basically, you gotta drive out *into* the desert. I love the wind turbines too, though, and the "world's largest dinosaurs". hehe. 
biggrin.gif

Ontario is in the Inland Empire, the "valley", though the IE also includes the desert cities of Palm Desert and Palm Springs. Ontario is the major mail hub for all mail going out into the Inland Empire of California http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_Empire_(California) for those confused about the Canada thing. hahaha! 
icon_lol.gif
 My husband worked at UPS in Ontario yeaaars ago. I used to have to pick up lost packages in Ontario. My Sanrio packages ship out of Ontario, California sometimes. The confusion for me lies on it going from my state to another state, but that was explained, so thanks guys! 
heart.gif

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I still think it is funny that so many people think the bags are coming from Ontario Canada.

Nope silly girls, Ontario, California. It's in the desert an hour or so from Palm Springs.

I always fly into the Ontario airport when visiting my gran, it's cheaper than Palm Springs, plus the drive to the desert is pretty cool due to all the wind turbines.

Ontario, California is only 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, to help with a mental picture for people unfamiliar. I had a friend very confused about the Ontario, CA thing too a few years back! LOL.

Back