Beauty Army - February

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed them, with a photo of the broken product attached and got an email back within the hour! Lightening fast customer service! Even though I may miss out on getting a (not broken) Blingtone, I'm more than happy with their response.This is what they had to say:

Hi Leilani,

Thanks for email. We are happy that you love your Kit. Sorry that your eyeshadow seemed to have broken in shipping.

As an apology from Beauty Army, we would like to offer you a free seventh sample in your next Kit. Please email us at membercare@beautyarmy when you select your next set of samples and let us know what the seventh sample you would like to try. If you would like a replacement Blingtone, please ask for that. I can't guarantee that we will have Blingtones still in inventory, but we'll try. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

We're always on the front lines of beauty for you.

With beautiful well wishes,
Rachel
Customer Success Manager

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seriously!? Blingtone is a cream shadow so USPS must have been tossing that box around for it to come broken. Send them a pic of it ASAP - Nancy-Lee or Lindsay should be on Facebook or Twitter right now.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I emailed them, with a photo of the broken product attached and got an email back within the hour! Lightening fast customer service! Even though I may miss out on getting a (not broken) Blingtone, I'm more than happy with their response.This is what they had to say:

Hi Leilani,

Thanks for email. We are happy that you love your Kit. Sorry that your eyeshadow seemed to have broken in shipping.

As an apology from Beauty Army, we would like to offer you a free seventh sample in your next Kit. Please email us at membercare@beautyarmy when you select your next set of samples and let us know what the seventh sample you would like to try. If you would like a replacement Blingtone, please ask for that. I can't guarantee that we will have Blingtones still in inventory, but we'll try. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected].

We're always on the front lines of beauty for you.

With beautiful well wishes,

Rachel

Customer Success Manager

They are really great! idk if you think that is a good replacement or not, but also there was a post about fixing eye shadows with rubbing alcohol...let me try to find the blog it was on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looked at the time of the emails, they responded within 9 minutes! 
icon_eek.gif
 MyGlam definitely has some work to do until they get THAT awesome. WOW!

Thanks, would be interested to read that. 
heart.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are really great! idk if you think that is a good replacement or not, but also there was a post about fixing eye shadows with rubbing alcohol...let me try to find the blog it was on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The alcohol trick can't be used on cream shadows - which Bling Tone are - so don't use it otherwise you risk drying it out.

That's good to know. I heart any beauty knowledge. 
heart.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The alcohol trick can't be used on cream shadows - which Bling Tone are - so don't use it otherwise you risk drying it out.

Here is my Beauty Army box for Feb 2012 and o.m.g. let me just say that banana shea butter cream is HEAVEN! It smells so much like banana pudding I immediately went to the grocery store to get some! 
icon_lol.gif
 Made me hungry! LMAO! The Blingtone is so pretty and sparkly it's hard to tell it's broken in this photo, that's why I took a close up photo of it for my email. 

Here is my Beauty Army box for Feb 2012 and o.m.g. let me just say that banana shea butter cream is HEAVEN! It smells so much like banana pudding I immediately went to the grocery store to get some! 
icon_lol.gif
 Made me hungry! LMAO! The Blingtone is so pretty and sparkly it's hard to tell it's broken in this photo, that's why I took a close up photo of it for my email. 
oooooo I want some!!!! I hope that comes up for me next month!

I filled out this form on their website after they tweeted about it!

http://www.mad-skincare.com/help.php?section=contactus&mode=update

I just said I was interested in free samples. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wanted to thank you! I contacted them about being curious to try samples from their company and they got back to me almost immediately saying they would send me out a few things to try. Well, I got the samples in the mail today and can't wait to try them out. One of my samples is an eye serum, and I'm definitely in the market for one! YAY!!!

hahaha! It's DANGEROUS! I spent more money for ingredients to make banana pudding TONIGHT! There was no waiting for me after smelling that cream. 
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oooooo I want some!!!! I hope that comes up for me next month!

I wanted to thank you! I contacted them about being curious to try samples from their company and they got back to me almost immediately saying they would send me out a few things to try. Well, I got the samples in the mail today and can't wait to try them out. One of my samples is an eye serum, and I'm definitely in the market for one! YAY!!!

yay! Enjoy them, the eye serum is really good. idk why they keep sending me so much stuff, I've gotten 10 sample tubes from them in a week lol. One word of advice is to use a qtip to get the product out, because none of the pumps worked for me lol.

lol, I hope they decide to spam my mailbox, literally, with their items! 
icon_lol.gif
 Thank you for the advice. 

yay! Enjoy them, the eye serum is really good. idk why they keep sending me so much stuff, I've gotten 10 sample tubes from them in a week lol. One word of advice is to use a qtip to get the product out, because none of the pumps worked for me lol.

I am not disappointed in Beauty Army as a whole, they have great customer service and I like some of the brands they use. It does annoy me that almost all the products they have are skin care. I'll tell you what annoys me the most: they claim that they get new samples in constantly, but my choose date starts on the 23of each month. Do any of you have late dates like that? Do you find that a lot of ur choices are slim and different from what others chose? I could hardly get any samples to show up for me! I'm not buying that story that they get new shipments in all the time. If this happens again next month, I will cancel and just resubscribe in the first week of the month. I'm excited to get my banana body cream and the new color eyeshadow in Caribbean queen.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not disappointed in Beauty Army as a whole, they have great customer service and I like some of the brands they use. It does annoy me that almost all the products they have are skin care. I'll tell you what annoys me the most: they claim that they get new samples in constantly, but my choose date starts on the 23of each month. Do any of you have late dates like that? Do you find that a lot of ur choices are slim and different from what others chose? I could hardly get any samples to show up for me! I'm not buying that story that they get new shipments in all the time. If this happens again next month, I will cancel and just resubscribe in the first week of the month.

I'm excited to get my banana body cream and the new color eyeshadow in Caribbean queen.
I'm at the beginning of the month and I still get mostly creams and such as my choices. I would send Nancy Lee an email, they might be able to "move" you without having to cancel and resubscribe. It can't hurt to at least try.  I copied and pasted this from my FB page when I asked about the future brands. So be on the look out for this brand soon!

Isabel Voorhees
For those of us who choose Beauty Army as our beauty sampling service of choice (I cancelled two other subs b/c they just weren't up to the same standard), do you have any small hints as to the future brands you will be working with? Even if it's just a small smackeral of a hint? LOL
Like Â·  Â· Thursday at 7:52pm Â· 

My date is the 17th and I kinda felt the same way. I got the Carribean Queen shadow as well. No matter what i did I could not secure certain items that were available to other members earlier in the month. I have thought to cancel and resub during the first week of month but fear if they sell out etc. Seems like tony items are depleted as the month goes on. I love, love, love their customer service and the samples are better than some of the stuff I have been getting lately in BB.

@ Isabel, thanks for the tip! I actually saw that message and messages u on FB because I'm curious to know what other brands they have coming up... It's fine that they mostly have skin care, I know they are working on getting more cosmetics. BUT a lot of ppl got the Larocca pumpkin scrub January, I didn't. Then there was a 24k exfoliator...didn't get that either. Indie lee shampoo? Nope! I feel like I get the bottom of the barrel always. I should be able to switch my subscription time, as long as they get their money it should be fine

I got my M.A.D. samples yesterday, too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I did get the eye serum, plus 2 moisturizers and a wrinkle serum . My pumps didn't work either, but I'm not about to complain about totally free samples! Haha. Just open them up and use a qtip.  I requested age repair formulas, so I think I got a nice selection. thanks again for posting that link Playedinloops!

Back