Best highlighters?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guerlain's pearls. They are amazing and last forever. I got the "sample" size with a Sephora favorites years ago and it looks barely used.  You can also try Ebay... 

Originally Posted by denise89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What kind of skin tone do you have? I'm stuck between high beam, moon beam, or sun beam.
High beam gives off a whitish pearl and is the most noticeable one imo, it's almost silverish sans the glitter or sparkles, very smooth.  Moon beam looks gold in the packaging but gives off a pearlescent pink, it's very subtle but lovely nonetheless.  Sun beam is a light to medium gold bronze, almost like a deeper shade of champagne.  Sun beam is the deeper shade of all them that may be noticeable on the very pale ladies.

If you want I can swatch them tonight to show the difference.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the joie de vivre palette and I really like albatross, I think it gives my skin a nice glow
I agree, albatross is awesome.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

High beam gives off a whitish pearl and is the most noticeable one imo, it's almost silverish sans the glitter or sparkles, very smooth.  Moon beam looks gold in the packaging but gives off a pearlescent pink, it's very subtle but lovely nonetheless.  Sun beam is a light to medium gold bronze, almost like a deeper shade of champagne.  Sun beam is the deeper shade of all them that may be noticeable on the very pale ladies.

If you want I can swatch them tonight to show the difference.
I would love to see moon beam. I have high beam and sun beam, but I havent tried moon beam yet. Which do you like better?

I use Elle blush in number 01.

You can find it at Kohl's for fifteen dollars, I think it was. It's this super gorgeous light gold base with golden glitter flecks. I work out in the sun, and it is PERFECT on my skin.

It looks much darker in the picture, but it's a super awesome every day choice for me.

I would love to see moon beam. I have high beam and sun beam, but I havent tried moon beam yet. Which do you like better?
Yea sure I'll post them up tonight. I took pictures this morning with the natural light to compare all three but I just realized I left my SD card reader at home. Moon Beam is nice but it's my least favorite tbh. On my skintone I don't feel it stands out much but if you want the lightest hint of a highlighter, it is perfect for that. I prefer high beam for ultimate highlighting.  It's very cool toned on me and when it catches the light it's very gorgeous. I like Sun Beam for when I'm bronzing or going for a warm overall look. It's is the most pigmented one and I'm sure it can even appear muddy on some but I'm tan enough naturally that the goldish neutral bronze blends in with my skin and gives it a nice glow appropriate for work.

BTW for reference I use MUFE HD foundation in 128, Clinique Stay Matte in #15, and Estee Lauder Double Wear in Shell Beige. 

Albatross is hard to see from the glare but those are all the benefit highlighters minus moon beam since I dont have that one yet.
Albatross looks super pretty!!! I dont really like sun beam since its more of a bronze look, thanks for showing!

Originally Posted by denise89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Albatross looks super pretty!!! I dont really like sun beam since its more of a bronze look, thanks for showing!
No problem! I loveeee Albatross! I would say if you have a skin tone close to me, (at the moment im lighter than my picture) in the medium tan range, olivey, I would say gilded. Albatross and watts up for any tone. Highbeam is nice, but its a bit hard to blend, but it looks really good once blended. For something on the go or to to toss in a makeup bag, Watts up is easy and not messy. Its a lipstick type applicator so its quick and mess free. Im not too crazy about girl meets pearl and sunbeam.

Here are some highlighter pics in case it helps anyone:

Left to right: High Beam, Moon Beam, Sun Beam

Left: Elf Gotta Glow; Right: Nars Albatross

Top: Nars; Bottom: ELF

I was not a fan of the Elf dupe. It looks very similar and not a total loss for the price but I found it more powdery, whitish, and chunkier than Albatross. Albatross was smoother to apply and blend.

ELF Golden Bronzer:

Now I love this "bronzer." It's more of a highlighter and reminds me of a lighter powder version of Sunbeam. It's very smooth and has no glittery chunks in it.

I want to try elf gotta glow 
wub.gif

Originally Posted by Jessica Turner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want to try elf gotta glow 
wub.gif
So do I, I bet its super cheap! But I can't find it at the Targets around here.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here are some highlighter pics in case it helps anyone:

Left to right: High Beam, Moon Beam, Sun Beam

Left: Elf Gotta Glow; Right: Nars Albatross

Top: Nars; Bottom: ELF

I was not a fan of the Elf dupe. It looks very similar and not a total loss for the price but I found it more powdery, whitish, and chunkier than Albatross. Albatross was smoother to apply and blend.

ELF Golden Bronzer:

Now I love this "bronzer." It's more of a highlighter and reminds me of a lighter powder version of Sunbeam. It's very smooth and has no glittery chunks in it.
From looking at your swatches, I like the color of high beam more than moonbeam! I was stuck in between but I'm getting high beam now but just the deluxe sample size first. Thanks for swatching 

Back