Big Girls Skinny Jeans

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Ive heard sooo much about big girls or short girls not being able to wear skinny jeans, I bought a pair from old navy for about 20 dollars, i didnt want to spend too much if they didnt work out lol.
Heres My pic:
Now im the worst of both worlds lmao.
I wear a size 18 and im 5'0 But im comfy in my body. I do think theyre too tight, but hey im tryna lose weight so i'll chop off a few pounds and maybe they'll look better. So here ya got it, A big SHORT girl in skinny jeans lmao.
Hot or not? Im open to the truth you guys, if you feel bad about saying not, just vote in the poll, Since no one will know who you are.
skinnyyy057.jpg

My legs look like Drumsticks, Yay!
P.S.
Many people say that wearing these make your butt and hips look big if your curvy, But since when is that bad?
As an african american, Most of us are curvy, and thats whats hot, the curvier the better. Most men in the urban communities like chicks with a Big ass and super thick thighs, and some boobies are always nice! You can also comment on this, Is there a difference between Ethnic cultures and Caucasians when it comes to body types?

Haha well allow me to be bias!! I actually wear a size 20, so allow me to tell you how cute they are!!! I think they look great, and no matter what size you should be able to have the freedom to wear whatever you choose.

I used to live in one of those areas where men absolutely LOVEEEEEE a big girl. So here, no, hips arent bad, not bad at all, they say the thicker the better here!!! Some places you can go to and they look at you crazy cause your big, well, here they look at you crazy when you are small. Though I disagree with the meanness of it, men here say small women either smoke crack or have AIDS, they prefer them looking healthy even if they are not :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You look just fine in those pants. I personally prefer wearing bootleg pants though, just because they are more comfortable in my opinion.

Since we are giving our sizes, I'm 5'11 and I wear a size 16.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif Haha well allow me to be bias!! I actually wear a size 20, so allow me to tell you how cute they are!!! I think they look great, and no matter what size you should be able to have the freedom to wear whatever you choose.
I used to live in one of those areas where men absolutely LOVEEEEEE a big girl. So here, no, hips arent bad, not bad at all, they say the thicker the better here!!! Some places you can go to and they look at you crazy cause your big, well, here they look at you crazy when you are small. Though I disagree with the meanness of it, men here say small women either smoke crack or have AIDS, they prefer them looking healthy even if they are not :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lmao i think i might be moving up to a size 20 with how tight these bad boys were! But So what im looking good and loving it. I really wanted to make this forum because alot of people are scared just to try them on! Im happy im not a size 12 or anything, something just pushing plus size, i wanted to be at the top of big girl status and showing people that you can be super thick and pull them off. I personally we think we give a completely different look to them. For bad or For worse lol. I also wanted short petite girls to see you dont have to be atleast 5'7 to rock them.

I want to lose weight, but atleast i know im doing it to be healthy, not to wear the latest trend because obviously, i already can.

except for booty shorts.... Lets not go there anytime soon.

When I was small I wasnt into "booty shorts" I am not a skin showing type of person, no mid-driff, no ass cheeks, no boobies hanging out. I prefer to be tasteful.

Lmao i probably wouldnt want booty shorts if i was a size 0.

Then again. I probably wouldnt have a booty anymore than.

those pants rock! I also agree that you should be able to wear whatever the hell you want no matter what size. i used to be a 0 and I had no butt or boobs. Now I'm a 10-12 and i have it all! LOL There are culture differences. When I was a 0 my mom would make me eat so much and literally watch me til I was done. She would be like you can't be mexican with no butt. LOL

i think it looks okay,NOT im not gonna lie, i just dont find it looks proportional, but then again, we have to take in to consideration that i dont like them on myself because it looks disproprtional. So, it doesnt look bad at all im just being honnest. *hug* regardless, you already know i think you have gorgeous boobs LOL

(p.s im 5'2 and weight 155lbs in not tiny lol by anyone's standards lol)

you look good with skinny jeans.Im size 11 and I have been told that skinny jeans dont look good on me.

I say no. Im a size 12 and I dont like skinny jeans, even if i were a size 2 i wouldnt wear them. lol

From one volumptous princess to another-the jeans are cute! You'd really pull that outfit together with baby doll top (or an empire waist tunic) and some boots.

I had the wonderful opportunity to talk with Emme in person and she said don't shop by size shop by fit. So I have jeans and pants sizes 20-24 based on what "hangs" or "fits" best. Learn your body by how a certain cut fits your shape.

I chose maybe.

For that particular pair, I think they may be a bit too long for you, and too tapered at the end, so around your ankle it looks a little unproportional. I think if the opening was a little bigger (I know they're supposed to be skinny jeans), it would look great. I do like how the top half of the jeans fit you. I think this pair would look good with a pair of knee high boots.

As for different cultures having different ideals for body type--I agree. I've noticed that most Asian people seem to prefer skinny girls, and when you see older Asian relatives, they always notice any weight gain! haha. :|

I've also noticed that most Asian girls are usually very skinny. Most of my friends are under a size 4. I am one of the few in my group of friends who are not. (But they're also petite...around 5')

I love skinny jeans! I'm 5'2" and I hate when flare bottom jeans bunch around my shoes or I walk on them in the back. Honestly I think you look curvy and hot in them, I look like a little kid in mine, no nice butt or curves for sure, lol.

Originally Posted by sali /img/forum/go_quote.gif those pants rock! I also agree that you should be able to wear whatever the hell you want no matter what size. i used to be a 0 and I had no butt or boobs. Now I'm a 10-12 and i have it all! LOL There are culture differences. When I was a 0 my mom would make me eat so much and literally watch me til I was done. She would be like you can't be mexican with no butt. LOL
Lmao. All though im sure being forced to eat sucks, but i see what she's talking about. You Chicas have AMAZING behinds lol.

Originally Posted by Liz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think it looks okay,NOT im not gonna lie, i just dont find it looks proportional, but then again, we have to take in to consideration that i dont like them on myself because it looks disproprtional. So, it doesnt look bad at all im just being honnest. *hug* regardless, you already know i think you have gorgeous boobs LOL
(p.s im 5'2 and weight 155lbs in not tiny lol by anyone's standards lol)

I agree i think my thighs look huge compared to the reast of my legs, which i do find big thighs sexy, but your right, its not too propotionate.

lol thanks for the boob comments!

Originally Posted by PhantomGoddess /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with Liz, you do have amazing boobs!
yahootongue.gif
Lmao thanks you guys!

Originally Posted by MsStephanie /img/forum/go_quote.gif From one volumptous princess to another-the jeans are cute! You'd really pull that outfit together with baby doll top (or an empire waist tunic) and some boots.
I had the wonderful opportunity to talk with Emme in person and she said don't shop by size shop by fit. So I have jeans and pants sizes 20-24 based on what "hangs" or "fits" best. Learn your body by how a certain cut fits your shape.

You have just given me tomorrows outfit! lmao.

But thanks for those words of thought.

Originally Posted by aplsmash /img/forum/go_quote.gif I chose maybe.
For that particular pair, I think they may be a bit too long for you, and too tapered at the end, so around your ankle it looks a little unproportional. I think if the opening was a little bigger (I know they're supposed to be skinny jeans), it would look great. I do like how the top half of the jeans fit you. I think this pair would look good with a pair of knee high boots.

As for different cultures having different ideals for body type--I agree. I've noticed that most Asian people seem to prefer skinny girls, and when you see older Asian relatives, they always notice any weight gain! haha. :|

I've also noticed that most Asian girls are usually very skinny. Most of my friends are under a size 4. I am one of the few in my group of friends who are not. (But they're also petite...around 5')

They do have zippers on the sides to let them loosen up a bit, and they are kinda long because even when i put on heels it dosnt show my heel.
scared.gif

Originally Posted by glitter_vertigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love skinny jeans! I'm 5'2" and I hate when flare bottom jeans bunch around my shoes or I walk on them in the back. Honestly I think you look curvy and hot in them, I look like a little kid in mine, no nice butt or curves for sure, lol. Im sure you still pull them off! I cant wear bright colors lile yellow or purple or red, which i find really adorable, You probably look awesome in them!

I dislike skinny jeans in general. It doesnt matter how "skinny" someone is I'm not into the fit or the way they look. I like a tiny flare on mine or the "bootcut". Those seem to be the most flattering on any body type!

I personally dont like skinny jeans. Even if I was skinny I wouldnt wear them. I have to find jeans that'll fit over my big butt and I have big thighs. It doesnt really bother me but I'd like to lose some weight. Not like its ever gonna happen cuz Im a lazy person. Hey, it happens. Im 5'2 and 150 lbs so Im not skinny by any means but I wouldnt call my self fat.....just a lil curvy if you will.

I say no, they arent flattering. I think they make you look 'stumpy' and that oufit would be way better if they were a regular cut.

Im all for people wearing what they want to wear but skinny jeans look really bad on any other type of body besides the thin model type. I even think skinny jeans look bad without heels, or else they make you look short and bad.

Latest posts

Back