Birchbox April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by epsteincouture /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A little off topic - buttttt...anyone who has been with birchbox for 6 months, have you got your 20% off code? I feel like I should have gotten it by now. 
The code is 6months20.  You should be able to use it if you're at 6 months.  If you have any trouble with it, call BB.

Has anyone here tried the Alessandro Biotin Nail Hardener?  What do you think?  The reviews on the Birchbox website aren't very helpful since they all state they used it for a week or less.

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone here tried the Alessandro Biotin Nail Hardener?  What do you think?  The reviews on the Birchbox website aren't very helpful since they all state they used it for a week or less.
I don't know about that brand, but Duri Rejuvacote is AMAZING. I generally have weak, brittle nails but this stuff seriously, seriously works. (I order mine on Amazon)

I'm hoping they send something stila so I can order that Peacock smudge stick and get free shipping! I will be using points, so I really don't want to waste any on shipping.

Originally Posted by mb214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know about that brand, but Duri Rejuvacote is AMAZING. I generally have weak, brittle nails but this stuff seriously, seriously works. (I order mine on Amazon)
thanks for this tip! I just bought some. My nails grow ok, but they break easily maybe this will help!

I too am hoping for the Cargo Blush... but I know I won't get it, so just hoping for a good box with stuff I'll actually use!  It's my first specialty/collaboration box with BB, and I'm excited!

I'm hoping for the blush as well. I don't think I have ever gotten something I was really hoping for, but I'm usually happy with what I get anyway. My box for March was kind of meh, so I'm hoping they will wow me in April. Otherwise I might be spending my points and unsubscribing for a bit. Of course.....I say that same thing almost every month and I'm still subscribed! LOL

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I too am hoping for the Cargo Blush... but I know I won't get it, so just hoping for a good box with stuff I'll actually use!  It's my first specialty/collaboration box with BB, and I'm excited!
Me too, I hope I am pleasantly surprised.

I'm actually super not excited for this box. It doesn't have anything that really "wows" me - maybe because it has more skincare/haircare products, which is what I've been getting more of lately from my two BB subs? I'm just really craving something trendy or a color product of some type, and except for the Cargo Blush , there doesn't seem to be a lot of makeup.

Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised. I've always been a big supporter of BB, but lately I've been a bit bored with my two subscriptions. I'm definitely not as excited as I used to be! 

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised. I've always been a big supporter of BB, but lately I've been a bit bored with my two subscriptions. I'm definitely not as excited as I used to be! 
I am kind of in the same boat.  I really would like to have a box WOW me.

I'm the same way. I always look at what I'm getting and think nothing really excites me. Yet every month I end up falling in love with a product or two! I'm actually excited for the skincare stuff, so I think I'm going to be really pleased with my box this month

I suppose that I see people getting products that I always want to try and that would fit me more - it kinda makes me have major box envy.  I spend the same amount, yet others get better products or more (I know, others may envy my box, but not often).  It is rather unfair at times - they need to make a fairer system -perhaps not so many box variations.

I stick with it, because yes, I have found some stuff that I like (the percentage is not high). I just want a box that really speaks to me. I have been with them since July 2012- and have yet to have a box that just says 'This Is You '.  I've tried to tailor my profile and what not...I dunno...maybe it isn't for me.  I just keep with it, because I just keep hoping for "The Box."  

Oh BB - I just don't get our relationship.   I feel like if I quit you - I would be missing out on something big.

I just re-subbed to Birchbox and I am hoping for a good one this time lol I was surprised that I didn't get put on a wait list.

I'm actually super excited for anything in the spoiler! It all looks pretty awesome to me! :) Then again I've been pretty happy with my birchboxes the past 2 months I've been subbed :)

I suppose that I see people getting products that I always want to try and that would fit me more - it kinda makes me have major box envy.  I spend the same amount, yet others get better products or more (I know, others may envy my box, but not often).  It is rather unfair at times - they need to make a fairer system -perhaps not so many box variations.  I stick with it, because yes, I have found some stuff that I like (the percentage is not high). I just want a box that really speaks to me. I have been with them since July 2012- and have yet to have a box that just says 'This Is You '.  I've tried to tailor my profile and what not...I dunno...maybe it isn't for me.  I just keep with it, because I just keep hoping for "The Box."   Oh BB - I just don't get our relationship.   I feel like if I quit you - I would be missing out on something big.
Wow I couldn't have said that any better. You read my mind 100% I feel like I see so many other peoples boxes each month that I would be SOOOO excited for and the one I get just isn't 'The Box' 😞 Like March's box. Omg not getting the macadamia boxes some people got. Ugh I felt like I could cry bc I envied it so badly!!!

Ditto on the macadamia boxes...so disappointed. However, I did have 3 months of great boxes, so I don't mind a downer every once in a while. Speaking of past BB products, I just splurged and got the Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream for 20% off and I am so excited!! My sensitive, acne prone skin loves it.

Originally Posted by lolas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ditto on the macadamia boxes...so disappointed. However, I did have 3 months of great boxes, so I don't mind a downer every once in a while.

Speaking of past BB products, I just splurged and got the Clark's Botanicals Smoothing Marine Cream for 20% off and I am so excited!! My sensitive, acne prone skin loves it.
Nice splurge!! I got that not long after I joined BB and after a year plus, it's still one of my favorite things!

Back