Birchbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New pick twos in the BB shop. At least they're new to me since I've last been there. Why do I tempt myself like this?!?!? They have: Wei/ Oscar Blandi The mystery pack Supergoop eye cream/#4 hair gel Color club mod in man/Twistband I Coloniali shower cream/Mary-Lou Manizer I really wanted the Mary-Lou so I just bought it last month. I got that big full sized beauty and thought, man I'm never going to finish this. Of course now it's in stock in the pick two. Well it's awesome so I can't complain 😊 Now, to decide if I need anything from BB today....hmmmm.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have a teeny tiny pot of the shea terra vanilla burbon body cream... I absolutely adore it, and use it like a solid perfume since the smell is so amazing, and I don't want to run out. I have been saving it for winter, but busted it out today because of this thread, now I smell like dessert. nomnomnomnom
I bought the big tub of Vanilla Bourbon when I got my big tub of Bananas & Baobabs. I use them seasonally. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by evildrporkchop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a love/hate relationship with Benefit. The packaging is so whimsical and I'm drawn to it, but the majority of their products don't work well for me.
iagree.gif

Seriously. If I get one more Coola product I'm setting something on fire. DO. NOT. WANT. 
devilish.gif
I'm with you on this one! Holy Crap I have received sooo many Coola products. The ONLY one I wanted to try was the tinted moisturizer and oh course I just keep getting the plain old regular boring SPF. Now I'm over it and I don't care if I ever get the tinted kind lol

On the birchbox profile, when they ask if you like fragrance, if you say yes does it count as one of your items for the month each time they send or is it just a freebie?

On the birchbox profile, when they ask if you like fragrance, if you say yes does it count as one of your items for the month each time they send or is it just a freebie?
It's one of your items.

I wish they would send out rollerballs like ipsy as fragrance samples. Then I'd have no problems with them!

Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish they would send out rollerballs like ipsy as fragrance samples. Then I'd have no problems with them!
I am glad they don't, personally!  I got a rollerball from ipsy and I can't stand the scent- what a waste.

I am glad they don't, personally!  I got a rollerball from ipsy and I can't stand the scent- what a waste.
It just depends on the fragrance company and what they want to send out. I've actually received two rollerballs in Birchboxes: jouer (meh, white flowers) and Sage + Fasten Common Sense (which was how I discovered my real problem with most of the scents Birchbox sends out: synthetic ingredients. I thought it was the perfumers' alcohol, but this one a is alcohol-based, and it doesn't make me sick). I wish they would go with more indie natural perfumers, not department store synthetic lines.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It just depends on the fragrance company and what they want to send out. I've actually received two rollerballs in Birchboxes: jouer (meh, white flowers) and Sage + Fasten Common Sense (which was how I discovered my real problem with most of the scents Birchbox sends out: synthetic ingredients. I thought it was the perfumers' alcohol, but this one a is alcohol-based, and it doesn't make me sick). I wish they would go with more indie natural perfumers, not department store synthetic lines.
I don't mind the mini ones bb has sent out in the past- I just don't want want to get a full size rollerball (like the ones ipsy sent out of pacifica a few months ago) that I am only trying out.  But I don't mind getting perfume samples, because perfume is different for everyone I like being able to try them out, Especially because I find perfume counters totally overwhelming.  I do agree that they should send more indie brands, or harder to find brands.  I loved the jouer, Folle de Joie, atelier, and harvey prince perfumes because it's harder to be able to find and smell them in stores.

. Quote:

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, the rollerballs that Ipsy has sent out have a retail value of $10 - 12. The perfumes that Birchbox typically sends out are much more expensive. That is not to say they are necessarily any better but rather that it may be a cost prohibitive issue.

I am fine with the tiny perfume samples. It only takes one whiff to rule a scent out completely and I know within a couple of applications if I am interested in trying a scent out further. So far, none of the fragrance samples that Birchbox has sent me have made it past the whiff test. I have no idea what I would do with 4 - 5 Juicy Couture rollerballs. LOL

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't mind the mini ones bb has sent out in the past- I just don't want want to get a full size rollerball (like the ones ipsy sent out of pacifica a few months ago) that I am only trying out.  But I don't mind getting perfume samples, because perfume is different for everyone I like being able to try them out, Especially because I find perfume counters totally overwhelming.  I do agree that they should send more indie brands, or harder to find brands.  I loved the jouer, Folle de Joie, atelier, and harvey prince perfumes because it's harder to be able to find and smell them in stores.
I haven't gotten either of those in boxes (though I really want to try the Jouer!), but I bought the sage + fasten set they had in the shop. Common Sense was actually my least favorite of the four scents. The other ones were MUCH better, for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've only gotten two perfume samples from BB so far and I liked them both, so I think I've been lucky. I got the Juicy viva la juicy (liked, but not enough to buy) and the folle de joie which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE and am trying to save up my points to get it, because I totally cannot afford the 98$ price tag!

I don't really like rollerballs, mostly bc I don't wear fragrances, but some of the perfume bottles are sooo pretty. I love collecting small perfume bottles (I have like a whole tray lol).

I just like tiny makeup haha. I wish they sold sample sizes everywhere though, because I don't like committing to buying a full size of anything, but I also don't like samples I can't reseal (foil packets). 

I like that Benefit sells sample sizes :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope to get the eye cream or the new primer, or the foundation~

I believe the taller white bottle is on of these: 
malingoetz_grapefruitfacialcleanser_900x900.jpg
malingoetz_cilantrohairconditioner_900x900.jpg
malingoetz_peppermintshampoo_900x900.jpg
  Malin Goetz grapefruit face cleanser, cilantro hair conditioner, peppermint shampoo  
I was thinking that, as well. I got the bergamot shower gel a few months back and liked it. The one to the left of the COOLA looks like a a Juice Beauty product... yay! But, more COOLA? meh. MEH, I say. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I bought the Peppermint through Birchbox in October 2012. I love it. A little goes a long way.

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't gotten either of those in boxes (though I really want to try the Jouer!), but I bought the sage + fasten set they had in the shop. Common Sense was actually my least favorite of the four scents. The other ones were MUCH better, for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love love love the scent of the Jouer rollerball. It's floral, but light. My only complaint is that it doesn't last on me AT ALL. When I wear it, if I really want to smell it, I need to reapply a few times during they day. It's not like this with any other perfumes I use, rollerball or not. However, I received a sample of this from BB last November and I STILL have like half of it left! So I don't feel like I'm wasting the product every time I put more on during the same day. I even got another little sample of it when I placed an order with Jouer and used their Mother's Day promo code! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They sent me a soy candle in the same scent too, and I really can't smell the candle -- unless it's not lit and I deliberately go to smell the wax, lol.
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't really like rollerballs, mostly bc I don't wear fragrances, but some of the perfume bottles are sooo pretty. I love collecting small perfume bottles (I have like a whole tray lol).

I just like tiny makeup haha. I wish they sold sample sizes everywhere though, because I don't like committing to buying a full size of anything, but I also don't like samples I can't reseal (foil packets). 

I like that Benefit sells sample sizes :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

THIS!!! Sample sizes of EVERYTHING! Weeeeeeeee!! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too. I recently purchased one of their mini sets because I wanted the mini bottle of Benetint. So cute.

Latest posts

Back