Birchbox August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! I'm not sure if anyone was aware that Zadidoll mentioned that there are 52 variations for July's boxes. I checked by changing variations number to see how far I can get. I was able to get to 54! Basically for July's boxes that there were 54 variations for over 400K subscribers. (Someone mentioned about this on an earlier July post and provided a weblink) Wow! So my point is for August boxes; how many variations do you think there will be for August? Are they gonna get more subscribers or remain the same?

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep! I think you're right! 

Damn, y'all are good! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Holy carp! Did we just figure out all of the spoilers in record time?! 
blink.gif
I was just telling DH how well you all did.  Wow looks like we may know what August holds. 
11.gif

Originally Posted by curlymason /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the other ladies with oily skin - I just got the Zero Oil cleanser from Origins, and I LOVE it! It really seems to keep the shine away.

I got a sample of the benefit primer from Ulta, and I tried it out Saturday. I photograph weddings for a living. I live in hot and humid GA. So, trying it out at a wedding seemed like a good trial. Despite sweating to death, my foundation was still on at the end of a 10 hour day. So, I'll likely be ordering the full size of that!
I'm going to have to try that although I just switched to using black soap last week and I'm loving it so far. I have less oiliness and the ingredients are all natural, the first two are pure honey and shea butter. It might become a staple. I still want to try that benetint primer even though they never work for me... the packaging is so cute!

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe the taller white bottle is on of these: 

malingoetz_grapefruitfacialcleanser_900x900.jpg
malingoetz_cilantrohairconditioner_900x900.jpg
malingoetz_peppermintshampoo_900x900.jpg

Malin Goetz grapefruit face cleanser, cilantro hair conditioner, peppermint shampoo

I was thinking that, as well. I got the bergamot shower gel a few months back and liked it. The one to the left of the COOLA looks like a a Juice Beauty product... yay! But, more COOLA? meh. MEH, I say. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by NicoleRoyer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You ladies are amazing! As my daughter would say, you are "soupy" sleuths!
That's so cute! My youngest is four and she still has a hard time saying some words. Love it!

I'm going to have to try that although I just switched to using black soap last week and I'm loving it so far. I have less oiliness and the ingredients are all natural, the first two are pure honey and shea butter. It might become a staple. I still want to try that benetint primer even though they never work for me... the packaging is so cute!
Did you get the Shea Terra black soap? I got that as well, and I'm using it at night a few times a week. It really seems to be cleaning out my pores!

Did you get the Shea Terra black soap? I got that as well, and I'm using it at night a few times a week. It really seems to be cleaning out my pores!
No but I just looked that up and I want to try it to compare! Lol! It's called Dudu Osun Black Soap. I bought it on amazon for a great price. I'd heard such great things about it but I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. It smells so good and it lathers up a lot. It reminds me of benefits new face wash. I started using it the the shower as well. You should try it!

Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i just started using dr. bronners - i'm going to try it for everything, body, face, hair and see how it works for me!  i like that it's got no cones, so parabens, no sulfates. and no SLS!  I have oily skin and hair...but i'm always down to try just about anything, i did oil cleansing for awhile (castor and oilve oil) and actually liked it, it's just kind of a PITA if you wash your face in the shower...

No but I just looked that up and I want to try it to compare! Lol! It's called Dudu Osun Black Soap. I bought it on amazon for a great price. I'd heard such great things about it but I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. It smells so good and it lathers up a lot. It reminds me of benefits new face wash. I started using it the the shower as well. You should try it!
I'll have to check that out! Although something named Dudu isn't exactly appealing lol The Shea Terra doesn't foam at all. But it just dissolves your makeup, and your skin literally squeaks its so clean afterward. I also love the suggestion on it - mixing it with a bit of sugar for a sugar scrub.

I'll have to check that out! Although something named Dudu isn't exactly appealing lol

The Shea Terra doesn't foam at all. But it just dissolves your makeup, and your skin literally squeaks its so clean afterward. I also love the suggestion on it - mixing it with a bit of sugar for a sugar scrub.
I thought the same thing! Lol! I didn't actually notice the name until I heard someone say it on youtube a few days ago. I guess I'm not too observant. I really like the Shea Terra brand. I think I'll try a few things. Thanks for the scrub suggestion :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll have to check that out! Although something named Dudu isn't exactly appealing lol The Shea Terra doesn't foam at all. But it just dissolves your makeup, and your skin literally squeaks its so clean afterward. I also love the suggestion on it - mixing it with a bit of sugar for a sugar scrub.
I've tried both of these... I prefer the Shea Terra. I found it gets quite lather-y... I just work it in my hands & then apply it to my face. I think the Dudu has a fragrance to it... while not super strong... I prefer fragrance free for my face.

I looove Shea Terra's black soap! I am all out and need some, my face has been giving me fits.

I really liked my July BB, so I'm hoping August follows suit! I for one would be fine with more Coola, I really like it!

I just ordered the Dudu black soap and unrefined Shea butter. The reviews of both are super. My mom has terrible skin with frequent eczema flareups and is always searching for something to help. Sounds like this might be her HG combo based on reviews. I just bought them for her from amazon. Thanks so much for the suggestion. Did I mention I love MUT?!?!

Hooray for the August thread! If anything, I'm betting BB will have MORE customers this month. I saw in my US Weekly mag this week a little blurb about stars, and where they find/ get their make-up. BB was listed.

What is your favorite foundation? I'm on the lookout for a HG foundation. My last two have been a Laura mercier powder and a sephora brand liquid. I have tried many but none that just wow me. I bought a beauty blender and I like it but still just not AMAZED with any one foundation in particular. I am 41 (ok going to be 42 in 2 weeks, but still...lol) so i use a medium to full coverage to hide a few imperfections that come with age. Any suggestions??

The Kiehl's BB cream does WONDERS for me. I love it so much. I don't usually wear foundation, but when I do it's MUFE HD foundation. Please imagine the Dos Equis guy saying that.

What is your favorite foundation? I'm on the lookout for a HG foundation. My last two have been a Laura mercier powder and a sephora brand liquid. I have tried many but none that just wow me. I bought a beauty blender and I like it but still just not AMAZED with any one foundation in particular. I am 41 (ok going to be 42 in 2 weeks, but still...lol) so i use a medium to full coverage to hide a few imperfections that come with age. Any suggestions??

Back