Birchbox February 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by ikecarus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What I did was to refer myself first and then when I used my own referral link, I entered the USWEEKLY100 code at checkout. Doing it this way gave me the 50 referral points on my main account and I got the 100 points on my second account. Hope that helps!
I did the same and it worked. Thanks for the tip! It says that my box will ship on Feb. 1st so do you think I will be getting a Jan. box like the email stated?

Quote: Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I ordered restarted my second sub (just for Feb.) on Jan. 16th or 17th. I hope I get February's box and not January's.
THe deadline to get a January box (for sure) changes each month.  THis month (per the youtube video spoilers) was January 19th. If you signed up before that, you probably are getting a January box.  It is still possible that your first box would be January at this point, though, if they have leftover. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Momsgotmail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  THe deadline to get a January box (for sure) changes each month.  THis month (per the youtube video spoilers) was January 19th. If you signed up before that, you probably are getting a January box.  It is still possible that your first box would be January at this point, though, if they have leftover. 
I signed up for a second sub today and they have finally switched over to february, the invoice said the first box would ship feb 1

I just referred myself to get my second box and got all the points! Woo! My questions is someone metioned something about refunding the magazine- is that an option for everyone? Because first of all, I already get US weekly, and secondly, I don't want two more magazines with my 2 subs.

I just referred myself to get my second box and got all the points! Woo! My questions is someone metioned something about refunding the magazine- is that an option for everyone? Because first of all, I already get US weekly, and secondly, I don't want to more magazines with my 2 subs.
I asked if people think that will be an option again (like it was with the Women's Health sub)... No one responded so I'm assuming no one really knows. I guess we will find out in a few weeks!

Quick question ladies...  I referred myself a subscription through another email and have gone the the whole process of ordering, but at the end it does not go through.  I thought just a separate email would suffice, does BB not let you use the same info and credit card on another email account?  Thanks.  This is driving me crazy.

Quote: Originally Posted by katiecoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just referred myself to get my second box and got all the points! Woo! My questions is someone metioned something about refunding the magazine- is that an option for everyone? Because first of all, I already get US weekly, and secondly, I don't want two more magazines with my 2 subs.
when i click on the fine print in the invite i got, it says "The Us Weekly  magazine offer included with your Birchbox subscription purchase is limited to new subscribers"

i also referred myself and got a second box, but my question is whether that second box will have the option to refund, since i went through the referral link and not the invite link, and it says "When your Birchbox subscription is ready we will send you an email to claim your subscription. After claiming your subscription, you’ll receive an email with a code to sign up for your Us Weekly  magazine issues."  so i wonder if we had to use their link to get the rebate?

Quote: Originally Posted by katiecoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought someone on here said earlier that they asked and they were told that it was just a discount for new subscribers to the magazine that is included.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sashatiara /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I did the same and it worked. Thanks for the tip! It says that my box will ship on Feb. 1st so do you think I will be getting a Jan. box like the email stated?
You might! I honestly don't know at this point. Mine says it's shipping out January 31st!

If would be so awesome if you could 'rush" your boxes like a sorority. BB could shows you the box variations you're eligible for based on what you've received in the past, and you rank your top 5 and bottom 5 boxes and then they could try to optimize box selections for everyone. Or including an "x" next to products in their shop for "never send me a sample of this" would be amazing. 

If would be so awesome if you could 'rush" your boxes like a sorority. BB could shows you the box variations you're eligible for based on what you've received in the past, and you rank your top 5 and bottom 5 boxes and then they could try to optimize box selections for everyone. Or including an "x" next to products in their shop for "never send me a sample of this" would be amazing. 
I like this idea. I would "x" every primer they sell. I've gotten like 5 from Birchbox. I try not to put anything with silicone on my face. But they trade well.

You might! I honestly don't know at this point. Mine says it's shipping out January 31st!
Mine too so maybe another January box which will arrive in Feb and two Feb boxes or three in Feb :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really like the idea of open choice from a selection but I'm sure it's logistically impossible with the sheer amount. Also, in theory, I really wish I could say don't ever send me x or y, but I understand how that's not the point. A sample service is to get you to try things you wouldn't and get you to expand your beauty essentials ($$$) so probably exactly what you don't use is what they should send you till you find one you love and you add it to things you need.

Like exfoliator, as someone with sensitive skin who was only disappointed I refused to use them but I would try them and it got me to open my mind even though they all burned, it pushed me to find one that didn't (dermalogica daily exfoliator OMG SERIOUSLY lol) and to give them to friends who then fell in love very often and bought them. I think their point, to an extent, is to break us down till we give in 
wink.gif
 I'm sure because of the no repeats rule it must be really hard to keep boxes fresh with each exclusion added (in the long term)

I'm so excited to get 2 boxes this month. I was gonna cancel my second sub, but then I saw this and was like ugh why BB must keep. Now I'm gonna have to keep it for Feb and March so I can have enough points to send a gift card to my other account.

Hmmm, just got my redemption code to get the US Weekly magazine... (note: I've already signed up with the USWEEKLY100 code). Tempted to get a rebate... 

What I did was to refer myself first and then when I used my own referral link, I entered the USWEEKLY100 code at checkout. Doing it this way gave me the 50 referral points on my main account and I got the 100 points on my second account. Hope that helps!
Thanks for explaining this! I was wondering how that worked. Do you know if your new account is starting with Jan vs Feb box?

Latest posts

Back