Birchbox February 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I was wondering the same thing, but if I had to guess, I'm assuming the US Weekly code would probably expire or something. *shrugs* I don't mind getting an extra January box. That just means I'll get 5 more things to review before the February box, and then 5 things to review in that one, giving me 100 more BB points to add to the 100 I already got for signing up. (if that makes sense) lol Then i can just buy a $20 gift card and ship it over to my main account.
Good point. So we pay $20 for two months and get $10 in bonus points and $10 from reviews so we are even...

Quote: Originally Posted by TheGlamGal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So you got the invite?  Haven't received it yet.  How long did it take to get it?  I saw someone put three days, but I've been waiting longer than that.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I signed up when someone first mentioned it in the January thread. Probably a week ago. I'm surprised people got theirs so soon!

Quote: Originally Posted by Pixels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Good point. So we pay $20 for two months and get $10 in bonus points and $10 from reviews so we are even...
That's how I figure it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Well, I liked January enough to get a second box! 100 points + 50 referral points + review points + the refund for the magazine made it well worth it!!

Nice! I just called in to get subbed for feb and the 100 points to make a second account. I would email in about getting referral points Buuuut my second account email address is the same exact one as my primary just with a different domain name so I don't think that would go over so well ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I liked January enough to get a second box! 100 points + 50 referral points + review points + the refund for the magazine made it well worth it!!

I got mine within a few hours.
Hmmm. That is weird.  I received a thank you for signing up for waiting and keep your eyes open for the invite email, but no invite email yet.  Do you think we need the invite email or just need to use the code?  

My thoughts exactly!

Just referred myself for a second account and checked out with the USWEEKLY100 promo code on that new second account. XD I guess this means I get a second January box and then two February boxes! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can you assure you will get referral points since you used the US weekly link? I am trying to do the same thing and sign up for a second sub that I referred to myself. 

Just got my invite! I'm happy to get the January box in addition to the Feb. Hopefully I'll get some of the things I missed out on that I wanted!

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  How can you assure you will get referral points since you used the US weekly link? I am trying to do the same thing and sign up for a second sub that I referred to myself. 
I didn't use the link-- because I'm getting the January box, I'll get the US Weekly Feb box (all regular subscribers get the US Weekly Box, but there was no guarantee for new subscribers, from what I read in the fine print).  But, I did use the promo code usweekly100, and have confirmation of the referral points.

So here's my question(s)... and I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer it.

I already have a BB account, but my subscription JUST ended with January being my last month. Now, when I go to add the monthly $10 box to my cart, it allowed me to apply the USWEEKLY100 code and gives an estimated shipping date of Jan 31st. If I do this, are they going to send me ANOTHER January box (and charge me another $10 on the 1st for February) or will my next box be the February box? Should I wait a few more days (like until January 29th, for example) to ensure that I'm not sent a January box? 

Any help/theorizing would be appreciated. I emailed CS on Friday to ask about the estimated shipping date and which box I'll receive after I place the subscription in my cart, but they haven't replied.

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I did was to refer myself first and then when I used my own referral link, I entered the USWEEKLY100 code at checkout. Doing it this way gave me the 50 referral points on my main account and I got the 100 points on my second account. Hope that helps!

Quote: Originally Posted by ariana077 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Alright, I have a strange question that I have been thinking about for the last day.  Does anyone that have two subscription boxes have the same profile and receive different boxes? I've gone back and forth changing my profiles but I keep getting dupe boxes or 3/5 of the things are the same.  Seems they don't necessarily pick them based on profile so curious whether anyone has tried a month with two same profiles?
Mine have been completely different both times!  I know there will be dupe months.  But whoever said it wouldn't be easy to go back to one box was right!  My best box was my gift sub account this month.  I just gifted myself another 3 months with points from my main account. 

I'm new here, so excuse my ignorance, but I am so confused! The Feb 2014 BB will be my first BB…so will I be getting a "regular"/normal/whatever box, or will I get the collab box! Sorry for the stupid question
icon_redface.gif

I'm new here, so excuse my ignorance, but I am so confused! The Feb 2014 BB will be my first BB…so will I be getting a "regular"/normal/whatever box, or will I get the collab box! Sorry for the stupid question:icon_redf
I think that the curated box *is* the regular box this month. That should be the one you receive since this isn't a gift sub.

I'm so tempted!! But I think if I add a box I'll be going over my budgeted amount for the month and staying on budget is a goal of mine this year..too much frivolous spending when I'm trying to save for a house.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think that the curated box *is* the regular box this month. That should be the one you receive since this isn't a gift sub.
that makes sense. thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back