Birchbox for Men - is it worth it!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info, I added it to my cart and it says it ships Oct 27th, so it looks like he'll get it in November. 

Well, I filled out his profile as best as I could, I knew clothing style and what drinks he perfers, but there were some stumpers on the list, so I'll have to inquire after his first box arrives. Also, I feel that he has perfect hair, so I left all the hair issues blank, he is certainly NOT bald and as far as I know he doesn't mind gray hair. 

Do we have a BB man Q & A?  I got my shipping notice the other day, but when I click on my BB man box it asks me to sign up for a sub. Is that normal?

Hmm my husband is getting the LSTN ear buds, an English laundry fragrance, hair paste, soothing skin relief lotion and a facial cleanser. So basically the ear buds make the box worth it and everything else is just a bonus. I sure hope he likes the ear buds...if not I guess he can sell them on Ebay. I was kind of hoping he'd get the bombas socks, he LOVES socks...oh well. 

P.S. as far as T-shirt size I didn't know what to select, in cheapy target brands he wears XL, but in nicer brands like Eddie Bauer he wears XXL. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Spazkatt I saw your post on the November thread, so I thought I would pop over here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My husband got BBMan for 2 months. I just renewed my Dad's subscription for his birthday.  For my husband, BBMan wasn't worth the $20/month cost.  Mostly because if you don't like the lifestyle item, the value just isn't there in the box.  For my Dad, he's a little more formal in every day life, so he can get use out of most of the lifestyle items.  I do think that's the biggest way to determine if it's for you.

Also - my Dad isn't bald, but he wasn't crazy about the hair stuff that BB was sending him - he wanted more of the skincare stuff.  So I told him to mark his profile as bald, now he doesn't get any hair stuff...

OH! And one more thing...something I started doing is when ordering full-sized stuff from the store and I'm eligible for a pick 2, I pick the men's one.  A lot of the skin stuff either of us can use, and I think the men's samples tend to be higher in value...

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Spazkatt I saw your post on the November thread, so I thought I would pop over here :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My husband got BBMan for 2 months. I just renewed my Dad's subscription for his birthday.  For my husband, BBMan wasn't worth the $20/month cost.  Mostly because if you don't like the lifestyle item, the value just isn't there in the box.  For my Dad, he's a little more formal in every day life, so he can get use out of most of the lifestyle items.  I do think that's the biggest way to determine if it's for you.

Also - my Dad isn't bald, but he wasn't crazy about the hair stuff that BB was sending him - he wanted more of the skincare stuff.  So I told him to mark his profile as bald, now he doesn't get any hair stuff...

OH! And one more thing...something I started doing is when ordering full-sized stuff from the store and I'm eligible for a pick 2, I pick the men's one.  A lot of the skin stuff either of us can use, and I think the men's samples tend to be higher in value...
Thanks for the tip on picking bald! My husband doesn't like stuff in his hair, it has lots of body and doesn't need much help anyways.

My husband's box arrived today, he seemed pretty excited to get it. He was happy to get a face wash he was saying he has been wanting to try a face wash, he said the lotion by Beckham goes a long way, I liked the Notting Hill cologne on him (he said he can't really smell anything, but whatever I like he will wear),  my husband isn't a big fan of hair gel but he was ok with the Rusk paste because he doesn't like his hair to be crunchy, finally he was really impressed with the ear buds I was worried because he can be picky with electronics, but I came out to the living room after my shower and he was already listening to his ipod with them, he had me try them out and they're really nice, they do a great job of blocking out other sounds. I told him he has 2 more months and he seemed excited about it. 

I'm torn on OFI should get my husband signed up for BB man. He is very particular about his hair products so I don't know if he would like surprises for that and his skin routine is laid back at best. However the 200 point code is so tempting to at least try it out... Decisions Decisions.

I just signed up for a bbx man for the $20 in store credit, lol.  I think it's messed up that they have an option for "Bald" in the hair category, but not for women. I was almost bald last year and picking "too short for a ponytail" did not prevent me from getting hair products. 

I've gotten good pick twos in the past from the men's section and I always thought their lifestyle items were cool.  Does anyone know how long it takes to get the credit via email? 

I think it's messed up that they have an option for "Bald" in the hair category, but not for women.
I think there are a lot of women who would say "bald" to avoid getting hair products.  I'd consider it, and my hair is down to my waist.  (I can't use most of the hair samples because they're too small.)

But agreed, there are some women who do not have hair for a variety of reasons and it stinks if like three of their samples are hair products (I've had three hair samples in one box before, with the Nexxus shampoo/conditioner/primer a few months back).

I think there are a lot of women who would say "bald" to avoid getting hair products.  I'd consider it, and my hair is down to my waist.  (I can't use most of the hair samples because they're too small.)

But agreed, there are some women who do not have hair for a variety of reasons and it stinks if like three of their samples are hair products (I've had three hair samples in one box before, with the Nexxus shampoo/conditioner/primer a few months back).
yup, i definitely didn't think of that but i can picture people checking off that option if it were available for women, lol

i got that nexxus packet over a year ago and two months before that, i got a three piece davines kit. i was so over hair products after that. 

I just signed up for a bbx man for the $20 in store credit, lol.  I think it's messed up that they have an option for "Bald" in the hair category, but not for women. I was almost bald last year and picking "too short for a ponytail" did not prevent me from getting hair products. 

I've gotten good pick twos in the past from the men's section and I always thought their lifestyle items were cool.  Does anyone know how long it takes to get the credit via email? 
I emailed them because I was expecting points and the cs rep replied that I would get the email with a 20 dollar code on Friday the 14th. 

The same thing happened to me.  Not getting a box after the code for $20 wasn't working correctly when I first got it is not seeming like a good omen for this box.  The points were nice, but I was sort of looking forward to seeing what was in it and canceling.

Wow, at first I was kind of kicking myself for signing my husband up last month for our anniversary, not anymore though!

It's not really a comp for the next box in my opinion.  They're just moving my money over to the next month, that's all.  You think you're slick birchbox, lol
So they didn't refund you for a November box even though you never got one? That's strange.

I also received that email letting me know my box was pushed back to December and that I received 100 points. I wanted to use any items in it for Christmas gifts for my boyfriend.

Back