Birchbox for Men - is it worth it!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they didn't refund you for a November box even though you never got one? That's strange.
Since we received $20 in points for purchasing that box using the code, it seems they would rather push back the subscription a month later instead of refunding our $20.

So they didn't refund you for a November box even though you never got one? That's strange.
Nope. No refund. I had a non clicky truck for November for the longest and I thought that I was paying for a December box when I signed up.  Their cycle throws me off a bit since it starts in the middle of the month, so I'm all sorts of confused.  

Now I gotta find another gift for my hubby for Christmas.  They messed up my maid of honor's gift in June w/ the Kate Spade necklace drama, my sorority sister's mother's day gift back in April and now this crap. Three strikes, birchbox. Three strikes.  I may forgive you, but I won't forget. 

Does BB for Men work on the same calander as BB for Women?  I thought I had read somewhere that they charge on the 15th?  When should you be able to see what is in that month's box and when do they ship/charge? 

Does BB for Men work on the same calander as BB for Women?  I thought I had read somewhere that they charge on the 15th?  When should you be able to see what is in that month's box and when do they ship/charge?
Yeah I know that part, but if I am billed on the 15th of November, will I get a November box or December box?

Yeah I know that part, but if I am billed on the 15th of November, will I get a November box or December box?
I asked a rep yesterday about this (I was extremely confused about the dates lol). Going to copy and paste how she explained it, hopefully it is helpful for others as well! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

"For the Birchbox Man, we bill automatically on the 15th of the month and ship all boxes by the 25th.

For example, a charge on the 15th of November would be for the December Birchbox Man, which would ship by the 25th of November. Similarly to the women's box, your men's box page should update around the 25th of the month, or, at the latest, once your box has been delivered.

For your men's sample reviews to be eligible for Birchbox Points, you must fill out the review within the 30 day sample window (i.e.: from November 25th-December 25th for the December Birchbox)."

Thanks Girlwithclass.  They were supposed  to comp the Dec box since they never sent my November one, but shipping just has a blank spot under November's shipping information, nothing at all abut December, and if I click on BB Man under My Box it brings me to a page that shows the contents of my November woman's box.  This is turning out to be a lot more hassle than it was worth.

Thanks Girlwithclass. They were supposed to comp the Dec box since they never sent my November one, but shipping just has a blank spot under November's shipping information, nothing at all abut December, and if I click on BB Man under My Box it brings me to a page that shows the contents of my November woman's box. This is turning out to be a lot more hassle than it was worth.
I was having a lot of trouble with mine as well! I cancelled before they charged for December because my boyfriend wanted to skip it. Never got November, it had a space for November's shipping but we never received any tracking. Then I got the letter about them running out for November, and my letter specifically mentioned they would comp January's box for the mix-up. A day later.. I saw it update to December and it had a tracking number! I was so irritated because we didn't want December at all. I got in touch with them yesterday and the rep was just AMAZING at taking care of the issue, no problem. She comped a January box for him and told us to keep the December box free of charge.

I highly suggest contacting them so they can sort it out, crossing my fingers you don't have any more issues. I totally get the feeling of frustration and it being more hassle than it's worth! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree, this subscription promo has been a huge headache. Never got the November, still no word on the December box. Anyone with the $20 promo get their boxes yet??

I agree, this subscription promo has been a huge headache. Never got the November, still no word on the December box. Anyone with the $20 promo get their boxes yet??
Yes. I received the November box within a week, and received the December men's box on Friday, Nox 28. I would have been upset about two charges close together, but they were great boxes - november had the wooden earbuds and Dec, the flask. I paid $40 but received $20 in gift points and $10 for review points. That was an awesome deal!

Yes. I received the November box within a week, and received the December men's box on Friday, Nox 28. I would have been upset about two charges close together, but they were great boxes - november had the wooden earbuds and Dec, the flask. I paid $40 but received $20 in gift points and $10 for review points. That was an awesome deal!
ugh. the elusive earbuds. i read someone else got it in their pick two last month and you just got them. i am still  trying to get some new headphones.

i'm happy to hear that you like your boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to feel like I'm getting a good deal when I haven't received anything for my money... besides a messed up and delayed order using their first 20off "code".

Birchbox has the nerve to ask me to update my billing information after they told me that my box will be "comped".  If I don't update it, it would be cancelled. That's some BS.

I told them I'm not updating my card (I used a prepaid one) only to bill me $20 and refund it back for my account to be active. The rep also offered to send my box separately. I don't have money to play around like that.  I just wrote out my rent check and I'm waiting for it to clear. Shooooot, lol.

This is way too complicated and it's a hot mess.  Never again (at least on this account) birchbox. I am over this already. 

Oh man, that's ridiculous. I don't even know what they could do to make us happy at this point. I'd take a random box they had laying around from a past month. Anything!

So bbx man is getting on my damn nerves. So my box is supposed to be "comped" for December, but now birchbox is saying they need billing info for my December bbx box.  Comped = free, right?
Same for me. I didn't even get sent a November box since they "ran out" and CS told me they'd send me a December one instead and comp my January box. Lo and behold, I get charged $20 for a December box today even though I've already paid for it. Beyond annoyed.

Just got it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lucky! I emailed them about it right away and just got a reply back literally saying "I can confirm that you have been billed for the December Birchbox on December 1st." No mentions of any refunds or the fact that I've already paid for December. Do you usually get better customer service when you call?

Back